Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-01-2019, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWILDheart View Post
"I won't record with Fleetwood Mac until Christine comes back"
Did she ever say this though? She's been sour on recording with Fleetwood Mac ever since SYW. I know she missed Christine and wanted her back so it would be less of a boys' club, but do we know that she ever had anything but touring in mind?
Old 03-01-2019, 11:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Rhino put this all together without much input from her.

I wish someone could find and clean up the live versions of Blue Lamp and Think About It.

I would like both the 24KG concert version of Moonlight and I want the demo of Moonlight that she must have done before she recorded with Dave. You can hear a clip on In Your Dreams as she is talking about Lori and Sharon. It keeps my favorite part of Lady from the Mountains. “Go with her. You know that you want her...”

Mirror Mirror.

I would love the House of Blues versions of Outside the Rain and Rooms on Fire.

I would add 24KG, All the Beautiful Worlds, If You Were My Love, and Mabel Normand from 24KG. I want the live version of Belle Fleur.

I want to save Julia, Space Needle, All the Kings Horses, Joan of Arc, Forest of the Black Roses and Three Birds of Rhiannon for another record.
Old 03-02-2019, 12:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

She could of added one of these versions of Inspiration. I always felt it was the best song from Street Angel because at least evoked something and took you somewhere. It never even made the album. It was just the B-Side to Maybe Love Will Change Your Mind.

Old 03-02-2019, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
It never even made the album. It was just the B-Side to Maybe Love Will Change Your Mind.
Both “Inspiration” and “God’s Garden” were cut because they were written by Glynn John’s nephew and Stevie only recorded them at Glynn’s insistence. I love both though.

“Inspiration” also ended up as a bonus track on the Japanese release of “Street Angel”.
Old 03-02-2019, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Both “Inspiration” and “God’s Garden” were cut because they were written by Glynn John’s nephew and Stevie only recorded them at Glynn’s insistence. I love both though.

“Inspiration” also ended up as a bonus track on the Japanese release of “Street Angel”.
Well it was the best song off the album and it never even made the US release. The pacing is too quick and she doesn’t seem committed to the song vocally but at least the song evoked something.
Old 03-02-2019, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't have the import right now, but weren't both of them on there? .
Old 03-03-2019, 09:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[
Quote:
QUOTE]
Ignoring the recent Fleetwood Mac drama, there's a whole host of reasons why Stevie fans are often disapointed. Here are some.

1. The sheer amount of output she has that remains completely unreleased.
2. Her money-driven focus on the music industry and making money, especially post-TISL
3. "I won't record with Fleetwood Mac until Christine comes back"....*Christine comes back*...."I won't record with Fleetwood Mac".
4. The constant milking of her and Lindsey's relationship, even though it has clearly been dead in the water for years. Talk about flogging a dead horse.
5. Her contradictions, dreadful memory and complete lack of awareness of huge chunks of her career, but we can in part blame the coke and klonopin for that.
6. Her complete disregard of huge chunks of her solo career. RAL through to SA never get acknowledged, I'm at least thankful she included tracks from all 3 albums on her new compilation.
7. Her HUGE ego. Lindsey is equally as bad for this.

I still love Stevie and love her music, but I can't say I've never felt disapointed by some of her choices. The latest compilation is no exception, there is just SO MUCH potential for a Stevie boxset but it's just not fulfilled here.

FOR GODS SAKE WOMAN, remaster the rest of your solo career![/QUOTE]

I agree with much of this. I've been a fan since I was a pre-teen back in 1975. It pains me to see what has become of her over the years, particularly post dance, I'll even take Street Angel over this- which by the way she sounded amazing on tour and with the work she did with Rick Vito during this period. She has become just over the top and I think a lot of it has to do with her thinking she's somehow immortal and that everyone worships the very ground she walks on. She can continue to make tons of $$$ off the endless repetitive touring but the loss of fans like many of us is pretty significant and someone needs to tell her that.

As for the money focus, it's been there since at least mid 77 so nothing new- but it was easier to forgive her faults when she was still committed to the art and not the attention.

What a sad way to end a great career, and I don't really see the RRHOF as an honour- it was done more on the illusion of Stevie Nicks and not what actually happened. A very, very spotty and inconsistent solo career intermingled with a milking of the Rumours album does not bode well when you drill it down to the heart of the matter.
Old 03-03-2019, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm just excited she's thinking about a new record. In the meantime, this boxed set will be a nice addition for me.
Old 03-03-2019, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoursAndHours View Post
I'm just excited she's thinking about a new record. In the meantime, this boxed set will be a nice addition for me.
Who said she is making a new record?
Old 03-03-2019, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Who said she is making a new record?
No one said that.

She indicated in her RS interview that she wanted to. I'm taking that at face value for now, because it's not her usual "they don't sell" line.
Old 03-03-2019, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Her best vocal ever!

Agreed.absolute crime they’re choosing to rehash Gold and not Use Midnigjt Wind this time.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 03-05-2019, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Agree totally with the Midnight Wind comments, what an amazing song and truly outstanding vocal performance which ranks among her best (Silver Springs takes that honour) Check out also her completely on fire let loose vocals with Walter Egan particularly his first album. A solo album in between the white album and Rumours would've been a delicious treat indeed.
Old 03-05-2019, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Can someone tell me why Magnet and Steel is on this new box set. It’s not a duet and you cannot even tell it’s her singing background.
Old 03-05-2019, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Re Magnet and Steel:

Yes she's there- 'with you I'm not shy" I knew it was her even back in the day

That said, check out some of the other tracks from the album before Not Shy- Killer and you can tell she's having a ball with it. Tunnel of Love, Where's the Party, Finally Found a Girlfriend, Blond in the T-Bird,wow, cool, fun stuff. The Album is Fundamental Roll

There is also a later one with Christine- "Only Love is Left Alive" great to hear her voice on that track.
Old 03-05-2019, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Ice View Post
Re Magnet and Steel:

Yes she's there- 'with you I'm not shy" I knew it was her even back in the day

That said, check out some of the other tracks from the album before Not Shy- Killer and you can tell she's having a ball with it. Tunnel of Love, Where's the Party, Finally Found a Girlfriend, Blond in the T-Bird,wow, cool, fun stuff. The Album is Fundamental Roll

There is also a later one with Christine- "Only Love is Left Alive" great to hear her voice on that track.
A barely audible harmony doesn’t constitute a duet or even a harmony vocal if you can’t tell who it is. It does not belong on the album. Not even close. Maybe the fact that it was written about her gives it more clout but still.