User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-12-2018, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
I'm a bit nonplussed by some of the posts about John's cancer--I always assumed it was common knowledge that when they found out he was ill, S & M desperately searched for a replacement, so they could keep the advance from the tour promoters from Australia and NZ. I forgot where I read it and how it was settled, but I assumed every one here knew
I never heard about that. I assumed they were considering substitutes in case they couldn’t get out of their obligations, but it wouldn’t have been a permanent replacement. When they were able to get out, tour canceled. The cancellation was announced the day after their last European show.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-12-2018, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default It was meant to be the same organic process as TITN, SYW, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Point being that they all lie, even Lindsey, when it behooves them.
That's one point you could glean from it, although I don't think it's much of a point ("adults tell white lies"?).

The more salient point I would think is that, due to his (apparently misplaced) desire to protect the legacy of the band's unity, he was forced into the position of either selling it as something that they wanted to keep as a duet from fairly early on in the process (btw, it's not like he said that they set out to make a duet album from the outset) or shelving the project after Stevie refused to come on board.

So we should be commending his efforts and commiserating with his position, not saying "Lindsey lied when it behooved him."
Old 10-12-2018, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I never heard about that. I assumed they were considering substitutes in case they couldn’t get out of their obligations, but it wouldn’t have been a permanent replacement. When they were able to get out, tour canceled. The cancellation was announced the day after their last European show.
And I doubt John cared at that point.
Old 10-12-2018, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I understand that Lindsey didn't have a written contract with Live Nation or Fleetwood Mac in regards to the current tour. If that's true, it's going to be challenging for Lindsey to win a lawsuit if the band declines to settle.
Old 10-12-2018, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You know, having read through most of it, I like how he admits LBCM was intended to be a Fleetwood Mac album.

However, that means he was lying the whole time about how it just felt like a duet album.

I don't think it's a lie. It's one thing to say it was always INTENDED as a duets album (which by definition is impossible since the Lindsey demos were explicitly done as a bid for a FM album).

However, to say that when it turned out it HAD to be a duets album that it made sense (faith in cycles etc), I don't disagree with that. Maybe TITN should have been a duets album

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 10-12-2018, 01:18 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
You know, having read through most of it, I like how he admits LBCM was intended to be a Fleetwood Mac album.

However, that means he was lying the whole time about how it just felt like a duet album.

But in that case, lying didn't behoove Lindsey at all? It protected the band's legacy and arguably hurt LB/CM. If he had done interviews alongside Chris and said, "This was going to be a Fleetwood Mac album, can't you just imagine Stevie singing on these tracks?" it likely would have earned them more buzz, if not album sales and concert tickets.

I know we're stepping in to the realm of the hypothetical here, which is dangerous and often a huge waste of time, but it always struck me that LB was "taking one for the team" with all that duo album talk.
Old 10-12-2018, 01:22 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
I understand that Lindsey didn't have a written contract with Live Nation or Fleetwood Mac in regards to the current tour. If that's true, it's going to be challenging for Lindsey to win a lawsuit if the band declines to settle.
An oral contract is just as binding as a written one. Basic contract law.
Old 10-12-2018, 01:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Now, Sugar Mouse is going to be a legal expert.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 10-12-2018, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Now we have to see if his interpretation of the oral contract matches the other members’ and their reps’ interpretation.
Old 10-12-2018, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This is why Azoff called to say the tour was off. And it wasn’t until after he was let go that a “new” tour with some hired guns was established starting at a different time. We’ll see if that holds up in court though.
Old 10-12-2018, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
This is why Azoff called to say the tour was off. And it wasn’t until after he was let go that a “new” tour with some hired guns was established starting at a different time. We’ll see if that holds up in court though.
This is why they stopped doing interviews. The band themselves were characterizing it as carrying on with the tour they had planned, but which Lindsey had supposedly refused to do on their timeline. That does not fit the narrative of an entirely separate tour, especially with Christine letting it slip that she had gone to London with the impression Lindsey would be on the tour!

Old 10-12-2018, 01:59 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
Very sneaky of Azoff and the band. Perhaps a bit too sneaky to pass the smell test ...
Old 10-12-2018, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
This is why they stopped doing interviews. The band themselves were characterizing it as carrying on with the tour they had planned, but which Lindsey had supposedly refused to do on their timeline. That does not fit the narrative of an entirely separate tour, especially with Christine letting it slip that she had gone to London with the impression Lindsey would be on the tour!
Agreed Azoff must’ve freaked
Old 10-12-2018, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think management, promoters, and legal had more to do with his firing than Stevie. I don’t doubt for a second that Stevie had a major outburst and gave an ultimatum. I also think that was a fire they (management and legal) could have put out, if they had been so inclined. They could have talked Stevie down. (BTW, I have no doubt that Mick and Christine heard about their dancing, too. But they have a very different relationship with Stevie.)

But, Lindsey’s comments before Classic West and what many perceived as a lackluster performance on his part, especially compared to his enthusiastic performances with LBCM, ultimately did him in. A concurrent tour? He’d already proven to management and promoters (which was pretty much one and the same with Classic West) that he couldn’t maintain his enthusiasm for Fleetwood Mac when he was also promoting a new project. It was one of the biggest things Azoff ever did, and Lindsey basically took a dump on it when they were still selling tickets. I think Lindsey made himself a liability in management’s eyes.

I could be wrong, but there’s enough between the lines..

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-12-2018, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
That won't pass the smell test, especially when Lindsey points out that when John had cancer Mick and Stevie went looking for a new bass player and weren't going to cancel the tour. Plus, Fleetwood Mac has a history of NOT stopping a tour, when a members leaves. They can't just lie and get away with it. I think Lindsey is going to win a lot of money.