User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Definitely. Maybe we'll luck out tonight and get a video of it.
One of which I'm eager to see, along with "Hypnotized", and "Tell Me All The Things You Do". I might be a little down on FM, but I'm not out. I can't help but be interested. This is in my blood.
Old 10-06-2018, 06:58 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
Chicago has been basically sold out for a while. I have been watching prices all day and they are not at really coming down from the scalpers.

You might have better luck at the box office with a drop.
Saw a lot of sporadic seats added or popping up at TicketMaster (the regular direct from the venue ones not the resell ones though there were a few resell ones popping up for short times on Stubhub at face value in great spots). Anyway it was one such ticket I finally grabbed. Looks like fees were lower today than yesterday too. Probably could’ve saved on fees showing up at the box office but I’m in 113 row 3. Should be a great seat. Was probably the best combo of price and view I was going to get unless I gambled it until the very last minute. And maybe I should have but frankly I got tired of staring at tickets and prices.

I hope it’s a good show, for what it is anyway. I’m more tired than I’d like to be but hoping to catch that live show/ Mac vibe to carry me through.

I will definitely report back!
Old 10-06-2018, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeCastASpell View Post
Saw a lot of sporadic seats added or popping up at TicketMaster (the regular direct from the venue ones not the resell ones though there were a few resell ones popping up for short times on Stubhub at face value in great spots). Anyway it was one such ticket I finally grabbed. Looks like fees were lower today than yesterday too. Probably could’ve saved on fees showing up at the box office but I’m in 113 row 3. Should be a great seat. Was probably the best combo of price and view I was going to get unless I gambled it until the very last minute. And maybe I should have but frankly I got tired of staring at tickets and prices.

I hope it’s a good show, for what it is anyway. I’m more tired than I’d like to be but hoping to catch that live show/ Mac vibe to carry me through.

I will definitely report back!
Have a great time!
Old 10-07-2018, 12:49 AM
Netter75
This message has been deleted by Netter75. Reason: Error
Old 10-07-2018, 08:57 AM
Senior Ledgie

Ended up hanging out way too late last night with my friend after the show. But I had some Twitter bonding moments (I’m Tzipity if any of you were following reports from last night. I got ranty...) that may have been my favorite part. That and I can’t lie I think Christine was a shining light of the show so I don’t regret it. I also had a fantastic seat on her side so that was nice. But I’m all over the place on thoughts and have a zillion photos and audio clips including some I focused on the crowd with. Kind of have to say the crowd was all over in response too.

Anyway, think I’ll do a full review later. It’s so early but lucky me today is the Chicago Marathon and I live on the route so rest is not forthcoming and it’s killing me that “Don’t Dream Its Over” is stuck in my head since the show ended. I don’t know how that happened. I left a FM show with THAT in my head? (And I got up and left during it too!) what even?!?!

I must say my show highlight weirdly enough maybe, was hearing “Isn’t It Midnight”. I happen to really like the song and it was the most upbeat non Lindsey song played so the show needed it even if I may have been feeling it more than most. Truly, while many have been claiming it’s now “The Stevie show” with all the pre B/N songs and with Stevie not doing Silver Springs, Sisters (despite them selling a Sisters tour shirt with Stevie and Christine on it!), or Seven Wonders (these would’ve been my top picks from her. Love Storms but omg the crowd did not and it ruined my own experience of it with people talking very loudly throughout) Stevie really didn’t capture me at all. I think Christine ultimately had more songs? Or that’s how it felt? So I can feel happy with that on some level.

And good lord, it was feeling like the Mick Fleetwood show for the longest most miserable World Turning drum banging, rambling thing from him. I may be slightly exaggerating but I’m relatively certain that was a solid TEN MINUTES of the show. And that felt like a special slap on the face to Lindsey to me.

And oops guess I’ve already typed half my review and am stopping myself here for now. It stings that I spent so much on the show especially as someone in a very poor financial state. But I don’t regret it entirely either, I guess. But I think I accidentally went more into Team Lindsey as a result which.... can’t be what the band intended.

Legit though- Christine was the shining jewel and why I think I am still glad I went.
Old 10-07-2018, 09:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Legit though- Christine was the shining jewel and why I think I am still glad I went.
This is good to hear. So her voice was in good form?
Old 10-07-2018, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ended up hanging out way too late last night with my friend after the show. But I had some Twitter bonding moments (I’m Tzipity if any of you were following reports from last night. I got ranty...) that may have been my favorite part. That and I can’t lie I think Christine was a shining light of the show so I don’t regret it. I also had a fantastic seat on her side so that was nice. But I’m all over the place on thoughts and have a zillion photos and audio clips including some I focused on the crowd with. Kind of have to say the crowd was all over in response too.

Anyway, think I’ll do a full review later. It’s so early but lucky me today is the Chicago Marathon and I live on the route so rest is not forthcoming and it’s killing me that “Don’t Dream Its Over” is stuck in my head since the show ended. I don’t know how that happened. I left a FM show with THAT in my head? (And I got up and left during it too!) what even?!?!

I must say my show highlight weirdly enough maybe, was hearing “Isn’t It Midnight”. I happen to really like the song and it was the most upbeat non Lindsey song played so the show needed it even if I may have been feeling it more than most. Truly, while many have been claiming it’s now “The Stevie show” with all the pre B/N songs and with Stevie not doing Silver Springs, Sisters (despite them selling a Sisters tour shirt with Stevie and Christine on it!), or Seven Wonders (these would’ve been my top picks from her. Love Storms but omg the crowd did not and it ruined my own experience of it with people talking very loudly throughout) Stevie really didn’t capture me at all. I think Christine ultimately had more songs? Or that’s how it felt? So I can feel happy with that on some level.

And good lord, it was feeling like the Mick Fleetwood show for the longest most miserable World Turning drum banging, rambling thing from him. I may be slightly exaggerating but I’m relatively certain that was a solid TEN MINUTES of the show. And that felt like a special slap on the face to Lindsey to me.

And oops guess I’ve already typed half my review and am stopping myself here for now. It stings that I spent so much on the show especially as someone in a very poor financial state. But I don’t regret it entirely either, I guess. But I think I accidentally went more into Team Lindsey as a result which.... can’t be what the band intended.

I’m really sorry to use your somewhat underwhelming experience to prove a point but it proves it better then anything else yet.

This tour is not the the Stevie Nicks show, it is truly a FLEETWOOD MAC show that highlights the great FIFTY year career and incredible accomplishments of both Mick and John and the many who helped along the way and have been largely ignored the past 40 years.

Stevie is singing lead a mere FIVE Stevie Nicks written songs and only four of those are hits. Clearly Gypsy is an option and would for sure gain more applause no matter how badly it is performed.

Stevie is instead using her star power to highlight the rest of the band, both past members and new ones. Above all elese. the greatest thing she’s done is take th lead on Black Magic Woman and hammer home that it is a Fleetwood Mac song written by a Peter Green, so the morons in the arena don’t consider it a Santana Cover. (And apparently Stevie herself is grouped in with those morons? )

She’s also basically taken co-lead on I Got You, which essentially has turned the song into a new Fleetwood Mac song as far as someone like me is concearned since I had never heard the song before Wednesday.

Free Fallin is a tribute to Tom which I could see people thinking that makes this more of the Stevie show but I don’t agree. I find it purely a tribute to Tom and how important he was Stevie and the new lead guitarist in the band.

And then the touching closing song is a duet between Stevie and Christine, which granted is a former Christine solo lead vocal so turning it into a duet could be a point for the Stevie show but I look at it as another way Stevie is using her star power to elevate a very obscure Christine song.

And I’ve felt all this before your review, but this is a perfect example of the true reality of this tour.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 10-07-2018, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
One of which I'm eager to see, along with "Hypnotized", and "Tell Me All The Things You Do". I might be a little down on FM, but I'm not out. I can't help but be interested. This is in my blood.
I think it's so odd that this isn't showing up on Periscope and Facebook Live.
Anyway Hypnotized did show up on Youtube. I thought it was great.
Old 10-07-2018, 01:33 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
This is good to hear. So her voice was in good form?
For what I’m assuming her voice is capable of, yeah she sounded pretty good. I don’t know that she can sound as great as many would like anymore but she sounded notably better, in my opinion, than at the Buckingham/McVie show I saw a little over a year ago. And i think it’s Black Magic Woman that she really gets to playing the keyboard on or maybe one other song of hers (I need to look and see if I got a clip or which song I’m thinking of) but for all that’s been discussed about her inability to play she was really playing and seemed to be enjoying at a couple of points. Someone from Tulsa described her playing as looking painful and I kind of agree, there’s a stiffness. But solely to her playing. Like otherwise she seemed great and seemed to be enjoying herself. And her Stevie engaged some very sweet looks. And both Neil and Mike were playing up next to her a bunch and she seemed to be enjoying that too. But you could read the history and love between her and Stevie big time. It was the only thing that felt Fleetwood Mac in that sense.

Overall without Lindsey and his energy and his thrilling the crowd... Mike was often way over in the corner alone. Neil doesn’t at all engage the crowd or have the pull Lindsey does. And the entire show there was a lot of the band members turning inward at each other- often literally turning away from the crowd. It felt... odd. I didn’t feel engaged with on a level not only that I’d want and expect with FM but honestly, not even on a level I’d expect from literally any artist or band at a live show. I thinks that’s also what made it harder for me to enjoy the show or how I really slipped off into my twitter rants and such. I don’t know how to better describe it but it was maybe my biggest take away. They felt more alone in their own little bubble than ever.
Old 10-07-2018, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

Maybe you should have stayed.

Quote:

Love Storms but omg the crowd did not and it ruined my own experience of it with people talking very loudly throughout)
I'm beginning to think Storms might be a little too dirge-like for this particular set.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 10-07-2018 at 01:39 PM..
Old 10-07-2018, 01:57 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I’m really sorry to use your somewhat underwhelming experience to prove a point but it proves it better then anything else yet.

This tour is not the the Stevie Nicks show, it is truly a FLEETWOOD MAC show that highlights the great FIFTY year career and incredible accomplishments of both Mick and John and the many who helped along the way and have been largely ignored the past 40 years.

Stevie is singing lead a mere FIVE Stevie Nicks written songs and only four of those are hits. Clearly Gypsy is an option and would for sure gain more applause no matter how badly it is performed.

Stevie is instead using her star power to highlight the rest of the band, both past members and new ones. Above all elese. the greatest thing she’s done is take th lead on Black Magic Woman and hammer home that it is a Fleetwood Mac song written by a Peter Green, so the morons in the arena don’t consider it a Santana Cover. (And apparently Stevie herself is grouped in with those morons? )

She’s also basically taken co-lead on I Got You, which essentially has turned the song into a new Fleetwood Mac song as far as someone like me is concearned since I had never heard the song before Wednesday.

Free Fallin is a tribute to Tom which I could see people thinking that makes this more of the Stevie show but I don’t agree. I find it purely a tribute to Tom and how important he was Stevie and the new lead guitarist in the band.

And then the touching closing song is a duet between Stevie and Christine, which granted is a former Christine solo lead vocal so turning it into a duet could be a point for the Stevie show but I look at it as another way Stevie is using her star power to elevate a very obscure Christine song.

And I’ve felt all this before your review, but this is a perfect example of the true reality of this tour.
Well said on all of this. Exactly. And I’m really okay with all of this with a single caveat- I mentioned in my reply above how poorly I felt the entire band really did at engaging the crowd (and Stevie actually didn’t talk much at alllast night especially further into the show. I think I would’ve liked a little more from her or from Chris maybe?). There was so much of everyone turning around or away from the crowd to exchange looks or whatever so they really seemed to be in their own bubble and even taking the fact this is Fleetwood Mac out of the equation- for any live show, I would have wanted to be more engaged with personally. Last night was the best seat I’ve ever had to a show and yet I felt so far away in a sense. Right or wrong or as for whether this is what everyone would’ve wanted, I think if it HAD been more of a “Stevie show” at least there would’ve been a little more audience engagement?

I know the man I sat next to who weirdly explained he and his wife were there BECAUSE of the new band members? (They didn’t elaborate and I tried to explain what was missing without Lindsey and just gather the guy especially would’ve really loved seeing Lindsey too) He was sooo impressed with GDW. I’m so meh to that and the dance. I filmed it specifically for a friend who is a big fan and loves the dance and shawl and all. But I didn’t remotely get the awestruck feel this guy had. But as much as that dance is pretty indulgent it was also one of the only quintessential FM crowd pleasers that even happened. And it all would’ve been such a different show with Lindsey running all over the stage and all. Oh and I mean there was the endless Mick yammering and banging on the drums and a super trippy backdrop with old photos of Mick and John interspersed. Quintessential Mac except it *was* World Turning without LB and Mick drew his thing out so obscenely and wildly long it was frankly disgusting. That’s the most ego by far I saw that night. And it was frankly rather disgusting.

Stevie definitely more than ever felt more “one of the band” than so is often the case at FM shows where she’s that huge draw and her every move makes people scream. I think I respect that a ton.

And I loved Free Fallin and it was “a moment” even if engineered to be one. I love Tom Petty and I spent a lot of my teens playing Stevie’s Enchanted box set so have always had a soft spot for her cover (and the other covers she did in that boxset). It was actually probably my favorite Stevie part of the show and it went over very well. Also I found it super cute the way she was gesturing and smiling and turning to Christine throughout several of the love songs. It was so cute and especially in the present climate, if I need someone to “ship” in this band, well I’m shipping Stevie and Chris. I’ve always adored female/female duets so that was nice to see with them too. And as I’ve already said around here a few times- I would not be near as bothered or conflicted on things if there had been a way to do this tour without pulling in new people and the focus had instead been on all Christine and Stevie.

Also they’re selling a nice shirt with Stevie and Christine that says Sisters of the Moon I just had to buy. Far warning for anyone considering buying merch especially if any of it goes up online- the women’s fit shirts are HUGE. Way more than the last two tours and I’m a very, very small, petite person and was not happy. The Stevie and Christine shirt while gorgeous has the weirdest cut of all too. So if any of those go up online, size down A LOT if you’re expecting them to fit like the women’s shirts from previous years. The current “women’s” shirts could all, with exception of the weird cut and neck of the Sisters shirt, be worn by men and are more or less cut that way but on softer fabric. Lots of penguin logos on all the merch right now.
Old 10-07-2018, 02:04 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Maybe you should have stayed.

I'm beginning to think Storms might be a little too dirge-like for this particular set.
Haha.

I’d need to see the Setlist to even remember what came before Storms but I remember remarking to the man next to me who yelled at the loud folks behind me finally, that it was also a very poor transition. But yeah, Storms went over worse than anything actually. Even on the floor people up as close as about the fourth row were sitting and talking. Sooo much talking all around the arena and the United Center has very wonky acoustics which really ticked me off. I will always love Storms. I was happy to hear it. But man was i unhappy with the crowd.

I do wonder if the setlist was reworked a bit if Storms would go over at least a little better? Also felt the into was weird on it. I didn’t realize it was Storms at first actually. And not sure if you’ve seen but the back drop is waves crashing and a cut out of Australia presumably for Neil? But that was super weird. Like we had lots of fun older band photos, the Tom tribute and photos, the show opened with a pretty Chicago flag backdrop, so it almost felt like she was supposed to be singing some weird tribute to a tragedy in Australia. Like that’s immediately what popped into my head.
Old 10-07-2018, 03:25 PM
Senior Ledgie

If people can’t enjoy the breathtaking beauty of Storms and realize how lucky they are to hear it then they shouldn’t be at a FM show to begin with.
Old 10-07-2018, 03:27 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post

Agree. If anyone is standing at this show, it’s actually Christine.
Old 10-07-2018, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Interesting

Quote:
Lots of penguin logos on all the merch right now.
Are there any shirts with the 6 of them on it?
Old 10-07-2018, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well said on all of this. Exactly. And I’m really okay with all of this with a single caveat- I mentioned in my reply above how poorly I felt the entire band really did at engaging the crowd (and Stevie actually didn’t talk much at alllast night especially further into the show. I think I would’ve liked a little more from her or from Chris maybe?). There was so much of everyone turning around or away from the crowd to exchange looks or whatever so they really seemed to be in their own bubble and even taking the fact this is Fleetwood Mac out of the equation- for any live show, I would have wanted to be more engaged with personally. Last night was the best seat I’ve ever had to a show and yet I felt so far away in a sense. Right or wrong or as for whether this is what everyone would’ve wanted, I think if it HAD been more of a “Stevie show” at least there would’ve been a little more audience engagement?

I know the man I sat next to who weirdly explained he and his wife were there BECAUSE of the new band members? (They didn’t elaborate and I tried to explain what was missing without Lindsey and just gather the guy especially would’ve really loved seeing Lindsey too) He was sooo impressed with GDW. I’m so meh to that and the dance. I filmed it specifically for a friend who is a big fan and loves the dance and shawl and all. But I didn’t remotely get the awestruck feel this guy had. But as much as that dance is pretty indulgent it was also one of the only quintessential FM crowd pleasers that even happened. And it all would’ve been such a different show with Lindsey running all over the stage and all. Oh and I mean there was the endless Mick yammering and banging on the drums and a super trippy backdrop with old photos of Mick and John interspersed. Quintessential Mac except it *was* World Turning without LB and Mick drew his thing out so obscenely and wildly long it was frankly disgusting. That’s the most ego by far I saw that night. And it was frankly rather disgusting.

Stevie definitely more than ever felt more “one of the band” than so is often the case at FM shows where she’s that huge draw and her every move makes people scream. I think I respect that a ton.

And I loved Free Fallin and it was “a moment” even if engineered to be one. I love Tom Petty and I spent a lot of my teens playing Stevie’s Enchanted box set so have always had a soft spot for her cover (and the other covers she did in that boxset). It was actually probably my favorite Stevie part of the show and it went over very well. Also I found it super cute the way she was gesturing and smiling and turning to Christine throughout several of the love songs. It was so cute and especially in the present climate, if I need someone to “ship” in this band, well I’m shipping Stevie and Chris. I’ve always adored female/female duets so that was nice to see with them too. And as I’ve already said around here a few times- I would not be near as bothered or conflicted on things if there had been a way to do this tour without pulling in new people and the focus had instead been on all Christine and Stevie.

Also they’re selling a nice shirt with Stevie and Christine that says Sisters of the Moon I just had to buy. Far warning for anyone considering buying merch especially if any of it goes up online- the women’s fit shirts are HUGE. Way more than the last two tours and I’m a very, very small, petite person and was not happy. The Stevie and Christine shirt while gorgeous has the weirdest cut of all too. So if any of those go up online, size down A LOT if you’re expecting them to fit like the women’s shirts from previous years. The current “women’s” shirts could all, with exception of the weird cut and neck of the Sisters shirt, be worn by men and are more or less cut that way but on softer fabric. Lots of penguin logos on all the merch right now.
Thank you so much for the review- it was awesome to read all your thoughts! Sounds like overall you had a good time. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on Lindsey's concert next.