User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-18-2009, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Excerpt from John Wesley Harding interview, May 18, 2009

http://www.magnetmagazine.com/2009/0...esley-harding/

It’s been 20 years since your first albums on Sire, and in the interim you’ve probably been on more labels—major, tiny and in-between—than anyone in the history of the record industry.

It could well be true. But that’s kind of the way things are going. Back before I began, it would be very usual to be on the same record label for ages, that whole concept of growing an artist, then developing. If the music industry had been then what it’s like today, there’d have been no Rumours by Fleetwood Mac.

They’d have broken up back in the Peter Green days, long before Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks.

Exactly. But on the other hand, one has to take advantage of the way things are today. For the first time, on this record, I had my **** together, or got together for me, and put it out in a way that suits the size of artist that I am and the way I make music and the way it could all make sense financially. My great failing over the last few albums was just to give ‘em to whatever record label will have them. It’s better to have control of your own stuff, but it’s more work. And it’s worked very well.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[This Silobreaker blogger makes fun of the people who are disappointed that Bon Jovi will be playing at the New Orleans Jazz Fest, by quoting some of their comments]

http://www.silobreaker.com/sal-nunzi...25338757398528

Sal Nunziato

"Nothing says New Orleans Jazz and Heritage like Bon Jovi." (And Spoon, Wilco, Drive By Truckers, Emmylou Harris, James Taylor, Joe Cocker, and Jimmy Buffett all scream Lower Ninth? Where are the snide comments about JT rocking the Crescent City with "Her Town, Too?")

"Who cares about this 80s has been/never was. They need to get better talent than this if they think that people will spend their hard earned $$$ during an economic depression." (Has been? Anybody listen to the last 32 Joe Cocker albums? He's covering himself. And did anyone specifically NOT go the Fest because of Bon Jovi's late addition? Just dumb.) "What an absolute disappointment this announcement is particularly after the rumors of Springsteen, Neil Young, Fleetwood, Clapton, etc..." (Amazing to think Fleetwood Mac circa 2009 and no Christine McVie is somehow "cooler" than Bon Jovi. And has anyone heard the last 32 Eric Clapton albums?)
Old 05-20-2009, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Excerpt from Heidi Newfield Q & A in Entertainment Weekly (pop culture personality test):

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/ew_p...est/index.html

What is your position on karaoke?

I suck at it. That's my position on it. [Laughs] I'm absolutely the worst karaoke singer on the planet. It's because I'm used to playing with a live band, and it's so different when you walk up there and you sing to the record. I promise you I have screwed up my own songs. People have literally been in the bar going, "Is that... that's... no, nevermind." [Laughs] Obviously, I can always pull up a Trick Pony song. Or I'll do something Fleetwood Mac or Stevie Nicks. Growing up playing in all kinds of situations, from bars to events, I covered a lot of Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In this interview with Kate Voegele she seems to take a bit of a swipe at Colbie. Here's an excerpt:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/enter...,7252932.story

Kate: I want people to know that I didn't know anyone famous, my dad didn't produce Fleetwood Mac, I definitely have somehow been blessed enough to end up where I am. I'm just a regular kid. Hopefully that translates on stage and with my fans. Some people become robots, and I don't want to be that person.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Was Carlos the music director? Good heavens.]

Joey Stec has made a Catholic Christian Rock album, with some help from friends:

http://www.the-tidings.com/2009/052909/rockalbum.htm

Produced by Stec and John McFee of the Doobie Brothers, the 10-track album also has musical contributions from Carlos Rios, music director for Fleetwood Mac, and back-up singer Sharon Celani of the Stevie Nicks band.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This was from an article on MSTRKRFT

http://www.eqmag.com/article/retro-r...e/jun-09/96433

By now you can tell that Keeler and Puodziukas are thoroughly old-school, at least in their attitude regarding live instrumentation versus programming. That also influenced their choice of control surface. While they use Pro Tools to assemble the bits and bobs, recording is done via a 1971 Neve 8016 24-channel 8-bus console—loaded with Neve 1064 EQs—which they lovingly call “Rhiannon.” And for good reason. Theirs is the exact Neve console used to record Fleetwood Mac’s self-titled album, which produced the 1975 hit, “Rhiannon.”

“It’s a special console, and we’ve put a lot of work into it to keep it functional,” Puodziukas says. “It’s built like a tank. It’s all military spec, 1971, so the wiring is the same quality that is used on missile silos. It really does have a certain spirit. Every Neve sounds different, and this one has a signature sound you can hear in our productions.”

The console also serves as a reminder to not cut corners when it comes to recording signals going in.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Martha Wainwright interview in Uncut (UK):

http://www.uncut.co.uk/music/martha_.../reviews/11529

There's a real Fleetwood Mac feel to some of the tracks. Were you keen to get away from being perceived as a folk singer, because of your parents?

Stevie Nicks is an inspiration to us all. And as someone who likes to do her own version of interpretative dance I feel we could do some movement together.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Excerpt from a Father's Day article on Oprah.com.

http://www.oprah.com/article/relatio...hers-day-cards

I would buy that card. Or the one about perching your little-girl self on the closed lid of the toilet to watch your handsome father shave—his lips pressed together in the mirror while foam disappeared in wide stripes like a mown lawn. Although I would want the card to skip the part about how, years later, your future husband would also use Old Spice, and the clovey smoothness of his cheek against your neck would fan the flames of passion into something more like a bonfire of heebie-jeebies. The same way you felt when you realized that Fleetwood Mac's "Oh Daddy" was actually about somebody's lover—not their dad, like you'd always imagined. Not really about somebody's father.
Old 06-13-2009, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Dominion Post, New Zealand June 13. 2006
[another rumor about FM maybe appearing somewhere]

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post...-act-this-time

Mission Concert devotees wanting to take a punt on next year's act, scheduled for Saturday, February 13, are out of luck.

In recent years, 20,000 members of the concert club have been able to buy tickets after the announcement of the date but before the artist is named. That will not be possible this time.

The headline artist will be revealed on July 6 and tickets for the outdoor concert which accommodates 25,000 fans on hillsides at the Mission winery in Napier will go on sale the following day.

"It means that people know what they're buying," Mission Estate chief executive Peter Holley said yesterday. "In these times people are more careful with their discretionary dollars."

The 2010 artist had been signed. But the artist's name is a closely guarded secret in the meantime, although Mr Holley said it was not Lionel Richie, who was booked for this year's concert which was cancelled because of rain.

However, examining who is touring Europe and America this northern summer may hold clues, as performers often follow these tours with trips to the southern summer.

Possibilities include Fleetwood Mac, Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band, U2, Paul McCartney, Pearl Jam, Van Morrison and Diana Krall. Jazz singer Krall's husband, Elvis Costello, was to perform at last year's concert with John Mellencamp, but they were replaced by Tom Jones after Mellencamp pulled out.

The concert weekend will be sandwiched between the Harvest Hawke's Bay wine festival and the Art Deco Weekend.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Another night in Dublin for Fleetwood Mac

Fleetwood Mac have confirmed an extra concert date at The 02, Dublin on Sunday 25 October. The band will now play two concert dates on Saturday 24 and Sunday 25 October.Tickets for the extra date are on sale now.
One of the most successful rock bands in history are back with their best-selling line up featuring Stevie Nicks,Mick Fleetwood, John McVie and Lindsey Buckingham to delight their millions of fans.
FLEETWOOD MAC
The O2, Dublin
Saturday 24th October, 2009
Sunday 25th October, 2009 – Extra Concert Date
In person: From 100 Ticketmaster Outlets Nationwide
By Telephone: ROI – 0818 719 300, Northern Ireland – 0870 243 4455
Buy Online: www.ticketmaster.ie

http://famenewspaper.blogspot.com/20...fleetwood.html
Old 06-18-2009, 12:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Interview with Simon and Max of the Shapeshifters, June 17, 2009.

http://www.dmcupdate.com/interview.asp?InterviewID=667

Excerpt:

Best album ever made?

"Fleetwood Mac 'Rumours' or Tears for Fears 'Songs From The Big Chair'."
Old 06-18-2009, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is a review of Rebecca Jordan's Dreams:

http://buzzworthy.mtv.com/tag/nelly-furtado

But the fact of the matter is, most cover songs are neither stunning successes nor spectacular failures. They just… are. Like emerging pop/funk artist Rebecca Jordan’s take on Fleetwood Mac’s “Dreams.”

True, Rebecca’s pipes are not to be confused with Stevie Nicks‘ — nor her choreography with Jack Black’s/Joan Cusack’s from School of Rock — but her soft, smoky vocals made us smile, hum and wish we remembered enough of the words to sing along.

So have a listen, and let Rebecca’s low-key Fleetwood Mac impression lull you into a woozy, late-afternoon trance. Which is generally what happens when your singing voice reminds us of a mildly sedated Nelly Furtado.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is from an article on Jack Black:

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/entertainme...k_black_biog/2

His parents divorced, in an ugly fashion, when he was 10 and he moved with his mother to an 8-bedroom place in Culver City, just north of Torrance and near the famous MGM studios. His mother would rent out rooms, one tenant being a music-loving journalist who got Jack into Fleetwood Mac and Simon & Garfunkel. There'd be other musical influences, too, one being his older brother Howard Siegel, an engineer who'd just worked on Devo's hit album Freedom Of Choice. He'd take little Jack along to see the band play in Santa Monica, an apt choice for a former wannabe robot-boy.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Blog Post to Rolling Stone about Rock and Role Reunions:

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdail...shot-reunions/

Marc Marin | 3/3/2009, 5:17 pm EST

Foreigner aboslutely, Dire straits, o**** ya, Heart is not broken up, they still tour, and will someone please kill stevie nicks so the original lineup of Fleetwood Mac circa Kiln House would get back together and rule the world.
Old 06-20-2009, 08:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Music as Bill Clinton’s metaphor

Posted on 20 June 2009 By John Brummett

I thought I knew Bill Clinton, but then I came across a cable channel rerun on which the ever-evolving British rocker, the acclaimed musical guru Elvis Costello, was interviewing him.

Clinton is a jazz guy. I had not known that, which is to say I hardly knew him at all.

I had him down as pop and folk. I figured he swayed with Hillary to Joan Baez in the anti-war days, then settled into the kind of banal radio music that led him to embarrass himself by embracing Fleetwood Mac’s “Don’t Stop Thinkin’ About Tomorrow” as his campaign theme song.

http://arkansasnews.com/2009/06/20/m...%99s-metaphor/