User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-12-2018, 04:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
Well, with Stevies "my walls are flaming" and Christines "slip your hands inside of my glove", you should be careful what euphemisms you are condemning in a FM forum. Yust saying.
I don't think the flaming walls are vaginal nor are they the theme of the song, and Chris's slippery glove is not the focus of her song either.
Old 10-12-2018, 04:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
I don't think the flaming walls are vaginal nor are they the theme of the song, and Chris's slippery glove is not the focus of her song either.
Orrrrr, the could have been a hint.
Old 10-12-2018, 06:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
My Little Demon as a hymn to his penis?
Projecting much?

All of my friends, all telling me
That I just ain't the man I used to be

An ode to personality issues, perhaps, but not a penis hymn.
(Edit: And I may not have the broadest command of the rock and roll lexicon, but what man would write a "hymn to his penis" and insist on calling it "Little"?)

Come clearly has its allusions, and when I saw him and the boys rock it live it was a welcome breath of masculinity amidst all the glittering chiffon.

As the band's musical director (apparently), he knew how to help put together a set list, which is why he never would have insisted on doing Come at a three-song gig or at that particular occasion.

Last edited by DownOnRodeo; 10-12-2018 at 06:31 AM..
Old 10-12-2018, 06:43 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Didn't Lindsey say himself in that interview it's just a joke amongst them when she rambles? On the last tour during her self-indulgent speeches, Christine had an actual whistle, John would literally walk offstage, Mick and Lindsey would fiddle around with his drum kit etc etc. I don't think it's "toxic behavior" or a sign of disrespect or anything, it's clearly something they all just do with some humor because she literally talks for 50 years and what are they supposed to do-- stand there while she rambles for ages about herself and how amazing she is? I can understand if she got a bit annoyed at it at the MusiCares event because it was a different context but to get picky with one particular person when he wasn't even the worst offender is just childish. But then again Stevie seems to be a very childish person.
Had I been in the audience, I would've also assumed that their behavior was fairly scripted, like just about every other interaction between FM band members on stage has been the last 20 years. "When Stevie hits the five-minute mark, Chris will look at her watch, I'll start smirking, you and Mick do a disinterested waltz...! It'll be hilarious!"

I can't imagine anyone watching that speech and NOT giving an occasional eye-roll toward Stevie. "Rambling" is too kind. I won free tickets to one of her 24-Karat solo shows and... I don't think I've ever heard a musician spend SO much time talking during a concert. She may have actually spent more time talking than singing. It's exhausting as a concert-goer! I'd go nuts if I was one of the poor souls on stage behind her!
Old 10-12-2018, 09:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think the smirk is a bit of a red herring.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-12-2018, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
My Little Demon as a hymn to his penis?
I know quite a few Ledgies who have seen My Little Demon's penis.

Now who knows what I'm talking about?
Old 10-12-2018, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I mentioned my personal belief that she should have had that baby way back when as a clear path to a different personal development for Stevie Nicks, mainly because it was an actual fork in the road of her life that I had knowledge of, it being public. And I do believe taking the other fork would have altered her. Probably for the much better.

Sorry if that comes across as mysogynistic, but I still maintain that ANY human who is forced to step out of her or himself for the reason of putting another first, is the better for it. MUCH better. Of course every human has a different starting point when they embark on such. Some are less prone to self-absorbtion already

I did not feel like calling her deceased mom to task on raising a spoiled princess, even if her mom wrote such herself to her sister in that old letter that's floating around. But never mind all that. Water under the bridge and no parent is perfect.

Old 10-12-2018, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post
my personal belief that she should have had that baby way back when as a clear path to a different personal development for Stevie Nicks
Maybe, but maybe not.
Sadly, there is no shortage of highly narcissistic parents.
And even if she had a good run during the kid's early years, there was always the chance of future fallings out, estrangement, or even acrimony (think "Mommie Dearest") due to the child's dissatisfaction with being the child of a big star (and one of the loopier and addiction-prone ones at that).

I do certainly feel sorry for Stevie for any reduced options that may have been available to her in terms of starting a family in the 90s or 00s compared to Lindsey, due to the male/female physiological differences. Yet in the mid-80s while Lindsey was writing about being a family man deep down, she was busy doubling down on her narrative of "stardom first" and not being beholden to any one man. So it seems that their respective trajectories were pretty much set in their early 30s.

Thank you for sharing that phrase "spoiled princess." Combined with her being the eldest child, that is a lethal combination.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Is his bark worse than his bite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I know quite a few Ledgies who have seen My Little Demon's penis.
I certainly had to read that one twice.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
I certainly had to read that one twice.
It's a fact, Jack. Er, Joe.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

On an alternate Fleetwood Mac board, it was once used as somebody's Avatar.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
On an alternate Fleetwood Mac board, it was once used as somebody's Avatar.
Ahh, so it was a board member...
Old 10-12-2018, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
I almost went there! Friends, send your penis pics to people on the board, and it will haunt you forever!
Old 10-12-2018, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post
I mentioned my personal belief that she should have had that baby way back when as a clear path to a different personal development for Stevie Nicks, mainly because it was an actual fork in the road of her life that I had knowledge of, it being public. And I do believe taking the other fork would have altered her. Probably for the much better.

Sorry if that comes across as mysogynistic, but I still maintain that ANY human who is forced to step out of her or himself for the reason of putting another first, is the better for it. MUCH better. Of course every human has a different starting point when they embark on such. Some are less prone to self-absorbtion already

I did not feel like calling her deceased mom to task on raising a spoiled princess, even if her mom wrote such herself to her sister in that old letter that's floating around. But never mind all that. Water under the bridge and no parent is perfect.
Oh my! I like that you try to explain your first post, but it does not really work, at least not for me.
FORCING someone to step out of herself is your take on motherhood. Well, I strongly disagree with that.
Also, I will defend Stevies right to have an abortion as much as I defend that right for anyone. It is not our place to judge a woman in that situation. Stevie had her reasons, no matter if you, I or anyone else on this planet understands them, they made sense to her. Yes, I know that she had 4, but that does not change my take on that.
And calling her deceased mother out for raising a princess? Her mother was a woman and of course some woman must be responsible. How is that not misogynist?
I think that we should just agree to disagree about this.

Last edited by AncientQueen; 10-12-2018 at 12:37 PM..
Old 10-12-2018, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
ROFL.