User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-08-2018, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Oh okay thanks for clearing that up Nathan. Now I can get a good night's sleep.
My pleasure Joe.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
My pleasure Joe.
You really do pay attention! Atta boy!
Old 09-08-2018, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
This is a great viewpoint.

I finally decided to show my husband the Ellen videos. He has no vested interest in FM and humors me and my obsession. Rarely ever watches any of the things that I watch on FM. But he has been to concerts with me, so has witnessed both the Christine-less years, as well as the return of Chris.

He is a drummer and a musician, from a family of musicians and performers, so completely understands music, performing, etc.

His comment was “Well that was a cross between amateurs and has-beens. You must be really disappointed.” He has enough chops to recognize that something so important as the debut performance should have been booked and executed in such a way that they shone. Then he said “that’s depressing to watch.” Which made me tear up. It breaks my heart.

He thought Neil wasn’t very good, Mike is talented, but wtf was that piano thingy, Stevie looks like a Botox experiment gone bad, Chris sooo cute, John and Mick-standard.

Then he gave me a big hug and said he’s sorry that my band blew up. I really cried at that point.
Perfect summation. And we are in synch emotionally. I need a husband.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You really do pay attention! Atta boy!
So why was Lindsey pissed off if it was just adjacent dressing rooms? Was he trying to get into his zen moment before the concert? Was Stevie playing Justin Bieber or maybe her RAL tracks?
Old 09-08-2018, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So why was Lindsey pissed off if it was just adjacent dressing rooms? Was he trying to get into his zen moment before the concert? Was Stevie playing Justin Bieber or maybe her RAL tracks?
i believe the whole band was pissed off and were not shy in expressing it, according to the RS writer of that article about her. it was right the time when FM was prepping to go on stage. he said Mick just coldly ignored him in the hallway and they were all pissed that there was a Stevie cover story in the middle of the hugely successful Fleetwood Mac tour celebrating the return of Christine. the writer said it was not his choice to interview just her. he discussed that on Sirius radio around the audio of that first Rolling Stone interview with the #newbandnow. there is link to that audio somewhere on this board.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-08-2018, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i believe the whole band was pissed off and were not shy in expressing it, according to the RS writer of that article about her. it was right the time when FM was prepping to go on stage. he said Mick just coldly ignored him in the hallway and they were all pissed that there was a Stevie cover story in the middle of the hugely successful Fleetwood Mac tour celebrating the return of Christine. the writer said it was not his choice to interview just her. he discussed that on Sirius radio around the audio of that first Rolling Stone interview with the #newbandnow. there is link to that audio somewhere on this board.
So Lindsey banged on Stevie's adjacent dressing room wall telling Stevie to turn down her music because he was pissed about her solo cover on RS versus a band cover, especially because Chris had just returned to FM?! I really am confused now. Or I'm too drunk to comprehend this! Help me, please.
Old 09-08-2018, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So Lindsey banged on Stevie's adjacent dressing room wall telling Stevie to turn down her music because he was pissed about her solo cover on RS versus a band cover, especially because Chris had just returned to FM?! I really am confused now. Or I'm too drunk to comprehend this! Help me, please.
now when you brought it up - it seems weird that she'd be playing music loud during her RS interview, no? why was she doing that? what was going on? i can't remember all the details! go on Sirius listen to that RS interview from back in May, i guess.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-08-2018, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
now when you brought it up - it seems weird that she'd be playing music loud during her RS interview, no? why was she doing that? what was going on? i can't remember all the details! go on Sirius listen to that RS interview from back in May, i guess.
Where is Nathan when you need him? NATHAN!!!
Old 09-08-2018, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Right. It was dressing rooms, not hotel rooms. The difference is important because SN’s dressing room activity does not interfere with LB getting a good nights sleep.
To be fair and Im not one to defend SN usually but if it's adjacent dressing rooms before a show I hardly think it's hugely selfish to have your music playing loudish to get you in the mood before performing...
Old 09-08-2018, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...s-back-179984/

There you go
Old 09-08-2018, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

she was cranking her music and the beat was loud and annoying in the next room-- like she said, it's like when a car pulls up next to you and all you hear is the thumping of the bass. So she put on more mellow pop kinda music but he told Karen to tell her to turn that down too.

Yes, he was ticked off about the cover story and yes in this band that would be enough to complain about how loud her music was.

Why is that so hard for people to comprehend??

Do they not know this band??

She was playing the music as she was getting ready (hair makeup etc) for the show. She listens to music to get herself pumped up. The reporter was allowed to be there observing. That's how a lot of interviews are done. The reporter follows the subject around as they do what they do. Then at other points they sit quietly and talk. These stories are not done in just one appointment. smh

In fact, Mick came into Stevie's dressing room to have her makeup person do his stage makeup. The reporter was in Stevie's dressing room and other than a cursory "hello" Mick did not otherwise acknowledge or talk to the reporter because he too was peeved that she was doing a cover story about HERSELF and not the band. So he was boycotting giving the reporter any usable quotes from him which would make it seem like he was supporting the cover story.

she/ her management could easily have said "this is a band tour and Stevie would prefer to promote the band" but of course did NOT. That kind of thing is why she felt she could get LB fired.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 09-08-2018 at 11:15 PM..
Old 09-08-2018, 11:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
she was cranking her music and the beat was loud and annoying in the next room-- like she said, it's like when a car pulls up next to you and all you hear is the thumping of the bass. So she put on more mellow pop kinda music but he told Karen to tell her to turn that down too.

Yes, he was ticked off about the cover story and yes in this band that would be enough to complain about how loud her music was.

Why is that so hard for people to comprehend??

Do they not know this band??

She was playing the music as she was getting ready (hair makeup etc) for the show. She listens to music to get herself pumped up. The reporter was allowed to be there observing. That's how a lot of interviews are done. The reporter follows the subject around as they do what they do. Then at other points they sit quietly and talk. These stories are not done in just one appointment. smh

Huh?! WTF?
Old 09-08-2018, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

apparently people get off being intentionally obtuse. read the damn article.
Old 09-08-2018, 11:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
lol not that one! the one from May 2018 on Sirius, with the audio of the new band interview and then comments about the interviewer and another RS writer around it.

Old 09-08-2018, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Perfect summation. And we are in synch emotionally. I need a husband.
Thank you!!!!