User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-20-2012, 10:06 PM
Ledgie

Smile Question?

Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure where to ask this or if I am able to on another forum but, does anyone know anything about sevenwonders online?

It was a great forum, and went hand in hand with The Ledge.

Thanks,
Emmaline
Old 10-21-2012, 08:24 AM
Ledgie

Default Sevenwondersonline.net forum

Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure where to ask this or if I am able to on another forum but, does anyone know anything about sevenwonders online?

It was a great forum, and went hand in hand with The Ledge.

Thanks,
Emmaline
Old 10-21-2012, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It closed some time back.

It actually began, when the Ledge crashed, a few years ago(and was down for at least a few days). Traffic here was so busy back then, that we were all freaking out, and someone started it as a temporary place for us to chat.

Fleetwood Mac doesn't seem to quite garner the interest, that they used to...
Old 10-21-2012, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Seven Wonders began in 2005 and shut down in August 2012 due to declining interest.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWS View Post
Seven Wonders began in 2005 and shut down in August 2012 due to declining interest.
Yes and lately it seems The Ledge may be following the same fate.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fringed n fab View Post
Yes and lately it seems The Ledge may be following the same fate.
We actually have more registered members now than we've had in years. Activity on the board is definitely way down from it's peak about a decade ago, but Fleetwood Mac is to blame on squandering all the interest they built up following the Dance. Regardless, the Ledge isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That's good to know and hopefully so. The last time I was on and checked 7W, it had a couple thousand or more registered members still, the problem was no one was posting anymore. And let the site go stale. I've always liked both the Ledge and Seven Wonders, both were as much fun to be on. I blame other social sites as the cause for 7W's and so many other chat sites' decline. It's nice to know the Ledge is sticking around.
Old 10-21-2012, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I sure hope the Ledge doesn't go that way. I've formed friendships here, that I'm fairly certain will last my lifetime(Four of us are colliding in Nashville, for Lindsey, in a couple of weeks). I would have never known these people, if it weren't for the Ledge!

But you're right about the other social sites. We have our own little private Ledge on Facebook, with only a few members. We're close enough that it's nice to be able to bitch about someone, unrestricted by moderation, sometimes. So also, the stuff we would have posted in Chit Chat, 2-3 years ago, now mostly just hits our private board.
And the Photoshopped pictures we make! We would surely be bant for life!

But still, long live the Ledge!!!!
Old 10-21-2012, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Ledge has been hopping with the tours of Stevie and Lindsey going on this year. The Ledge will be hopping again next year when FM hits the road.

I think the Ledge is doing strong.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 10-21-2012, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
The Ledge has been hopping with the tours of Stevie and Lindsey going on this year. The Ledge will be hopping again next year when FM hits the road.

I think the Ledge is doing strong.
I hope you're right!
Old 10-21-2012, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I sure hope the Ledge doesn't go that way. I've formed friendships here, that I'm fairly certain will last my lifetime(Four of us are colliding in Nashville, for Lindsey, in a couple of weeks). I would have never known these people, if it weren't for the Ledge!

But you're right about the other social sites. We have our own little private Ledge on Facebook, with only a few members. We're close enough that it's nice to be able to bitch about someone, unrestricted by moderation, sometimes. So also, the stuff we would have posted in Chit Chat, 2-3 years ago, now mostly just hits our private board.
And the Photoshopped pictures we make! We would surely be bant for life!

But still, long live the Ledge!!!!
I see then. That explains where everyone went. I'm guessing whoever is running the FB "Ledge" must be one of the few who doesn't like me since I was never invited to the VIP party.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I see then. That explains where everyone went. I'm guessing whoever is running the FB "Ledge" must be one of the few who doesn't like me since I was never invited to the VIP party.
No, it's not like that. It's an "inner circle". I think 8 in total. Not really open to anyone else(NO offense to anyone...just our private thing- we rant and rave, and post RIDICULOUS sh*t...I literally love them, and consider them my true friends, for life). I laugh more there, than anywhere in my life!

You know, it's funny...I never had a computer until 1995, and I'm completely amazed, at HOW technology has completely flipped our lives upside down. 2012, tech wise, doesn't even RESEMBLE what 1995 looked like. Day and night...and it never ceases to amaze me!!!
Back to the private group thing, does anyone belong to any? Like, I belong(not even my choice, someone added me) to a local "trading" group(yard sale/barter group). And a soundman's(what I do for a living) forum. Again, not me finding it...someone added me. These private groups seem to be popping up left and right. Ever changing technology......

Now I'm off to hopefully Photoshop some dufus's head onto a donkey's ass or something, and try to garner a laugh or three!
Old 10-22-2012, 03:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
If you don't get invited to a party, start your own. It's not too difficult to start a group on FB and create your own "inner circle." Then, you can decide whether or not you feel the need to come here and post about how much fun you and your friends have privately bitching about other people. I leave that to your discretion.

Last edited by sodascouts; 10-22-2012 at 03:32 AM..
Old 10-22-2012, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
If you don't get invited to a party, start your own. It's not too difficult to start a group on FB and create your own "inner circle." Then, you can decide whether or not you feel the need to come here and post about how much fun you and your friends have privately bitching about other people. I leave that to your discretion.
Nancy, the discussion was really about what happened to Seven Wonders, and how website traffic in general, is dwindling. I was pointing out examples of why. Sorry if that didn't sit well with you.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Oh I know, that's why I laughed about it. I don't think we need a gazillion Stevie/Mac forums all over the place. A few have always been fine. Although in some ways I'd love to hear what people have to really say about me, without fear of reprimand. Then again it's probably best to just play nice always as to not cause hard feelings. Although I think in some ways to clear up longtime misunderstandings and confusion it would've been nice to have had a Just What Do You Think Of Me? Thread on some of these fan boards. Truthfully in the end it wouldn't matter really but still be nice to know and informing.