The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Vote for your 3 favorite songs from Time.
Talking to My Heart 7 36.84%
I Got It in for You 3 15.79%
Winds of Change 10 52.63%
Nothing Without You 5 26.32%
Dreamin the Dream 2 10.53%
I Wonder Why 4 21.05%
I Do 5 26.32%
Sooner or Later 3 15.79%
Nights in Estoril 8 42.11%
All Over Again 1 5.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
As one of Christine's biggest fans, believe it or not, I didn't vote for a CM song. They're simply not my favorites on the album.
I generally adore Christine's songs. However, her Time songs are just too generic and kinda "hokey" sounding. Plus they run too long. Songs are best when the run around 4-5 minutes.

One problem I have with Time is that Bekka, Dave, and Billy don't get enough album space partly due to Christine's five songs and Mick's "These Strange Times".
Old 05-08-2012, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
I generally adore Christine's songs. However, her Time songs are just too generic and kinda "hokey" sounding. Plus they run too long. Songs are best when the run around 4-5 minutes.

One problem I have with Time is that Bekka, Dave, and Billy don't get enough album space partly due to Christine's five songs and Mick's "These Strange Times".
I agree with everything you said. Now stop being me.

I think the Billy/Bekka duo, could have been the next big thing for FM, had it only really had the chance to take off.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have a few theories as to why Christine had so much album space.

Theory 1: The record company and or Mick insisted that there be more Christine McVie songs on the record. They were all freaked out enough as it was that Christine was the only songwriter left from the "Rumours" band.

Theory 2: Christine announced to the band that the album would be her swansong, and Mick and/or the record company wanted to milk her songs for all they were worth.

Theory 3: Lindsey Buckingham had come back into the picture, and it was clear that there would be a Fleetwood Mac version of "Hell Freezes Over," and Mick and/or the record company wanted to de-emphasize the others' material.

Theory 4: A little of all three.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
As one of Christine's biggest fans, believe it or not, I didn't vote for a CM song. They're simply not my favorites on the album.

I'm not a Stevie fan....blindly voting for whatever rolled out of her arse, just because of it's origin....

I love Talkin' To My Heart, Wind's of Change, and I've Got It In For You.
I did what you requested oh great one. However I did notice you voted for 2 out of these 3 and instead voted for Nothing Without You.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"Talkin' To My Heart" may be one of the greatest things ever released under the "Fleetwood Mac" moniker. This should have been done live. It baffles me that people just can't smile whenever they hear it.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
"Talkin' To My Heart" may be one of the greatest things ever released under the "Fleetwood Mac" moniker. This should have been done live. It baffles me that people just can't smile whenever they hear it.
I concur. And Bekka(with Billy) could have really taken FM to a new level. TTMH is probably my favorite song on Time.

And Bekka is just the kindest, and sweetest person in the world(not that I know her, only as FB friends - although I keep meaning to catch her with someone in Nashville, but our dates are always off, when I'm there). Every post she has, is either about helping someone, or something funny. In Printer's Alley in Nashville, there's a karaoke bar that has a sign in the alley, that says "Nude Karaoke", and she posted a pic of her and a friend with the sign, laughing their asses off. (sorry, that was just so funny, I just had to share that story)
Old 05-09-2012, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
It's an amazing tune. I love that it opens the album.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"Winds of Change" wins favorite non-hit from Time. "Nights in Estoril" will serve as runner-up.

Last edited by MacShadowsBall; 05-14-2012 at 02:53 PM..
Closed Thread