User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-11-2019, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
A $12 million lawsuit, however justified, is a declaration of war.
Hmmm, I thought the declaration of war was her decision to fire him….
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Very interesting that it's ok for Stevie to say well, my album is important and I'm taking as long as I want to tour with it and I don't care if Fleetwood Mac is ready to tour. Tough. I'm doing my own thing for a year and you can suck it.

But Lindsey asks for the same thing and he is thrown to the wolves. And so he decides to not do his own thing and tour with the group and he is still out.

Stevie will not go onstage with him ever again. Something happened between the two of them last fall. I'm sure down the road we will get more of the story, but It just keeps showing me that this group of people are seriously flawed.

There was no reason for Lindsey to be let go. It had to be some terrible fight between he and Stevie and not the BS we got about smirking at Musicares. Something big went down. Maybe it wasn't PC for Lindsey to say that Stevie might be jealous of his family, but maybe it's not so far off from the truth.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 02-11-2019, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by g. fish View Post
So true. They also believe that...

1) The band sounds better than ever.
That's constantly trotted out like press agent copy from an old issue of Variety. I know it's a nonquantifiable, largely nondemonstrable cliche. But I despise it because it shuts down conversation about something that could and should be talked about.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-11-2019, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Hmmm, I thought the declaration of war was her decision to fire him….
Call it return fire then. In any case, a full-scale war was on.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If you are trying to say it's Lindsey's fault, the lawsuit was a return punch for the sucker punch they gave him first.

And that's BUSINESS.

Don't ever kid yourself....Stevie's team (Howard Kaufman, Azoff, Sheryl Louis) played mega hardball over things like demanding bigger and bigger shares of money for her all along, bigger and better ($$$) perks for her (paid for out of the gross, not out of her personal cut) etc etc.... so why should it be wrong for Lindsey and his team to sue for what's rightfully his?

A lawsuit is business. Personal relationships are personal.

Remember, this is a woman whose team got her a Rolling Stone cover on her OWN during a BAND TOUR. And she was totally fine with it.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
If you are trying to say it's Lindsey's fault, the lawsuit was a return punch for the sucker punch they gave him first.
No, that's not what I was trying to say (note the inclusion of "however justified"). I would have sued too.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Stevie wasn’t ready to stop touring an album that was already released, but more importantly wasn’t ready to come back to Fleetwood Mac after the death of her mom.
Does she say that it was due to the death of her mom elsewhere? Because in that interview, she does not. There, she explicitly states that the delay was due to her desire to dedicate more time to In Your Dreams.

Did you not read the quote? I will post it again for you:

“Fleetwood Mac [had planned to go out this year but now] is going out next year.... I kind of put them on hold. I mean, I made this record. That was a year. Then I toured last year–off and on all last year–and did lots and lots of press. And then I decided to take this year also to tour all summer, because I did not feel that this record was finished. And so it did not make Fleetwood Mac happy but I said to them, ‘I’m taking 2012 for In Your Dreams. I’m sorry. And if you can’t understand that in your heart–how important this is to me–then I’m sorry, but I’m doing it, and I will see you in 2013.'”–Stevie Nicks 2012

Old 02-11-2019, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No it's not. It's just business ( and money).....
Old 02-11-2019, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

And that's BUSINESS.

Don't ever kid yourself....Stevie's team (Howard Kaufman, Azoff, Sheryl Louis) played mega hardball over things like demanding bigger and bigger shares of money for her all along, bigger and better ($$$) perks for her (paid for out of the gross, not out of her personal cut) etc etc.... so why should it be wrong for Lindsey and his team to sue for what's rightfully his?

A lawsuit is business. Personal relationships are personal.

Remember, this is a woman whose team got her a Rolling Stone cover on her OWN during a BAND TOUR. And she was totally fine with it.
Yes, you're correct, it's business and money is money.

However, don't be deluded into thinking that people do not take lawsuits personally, as they do. For some, it haunts them for life. There's an emotional involvement to being sued. It's the ultimate FU to the recipient.
Old 02-11-2019, 11:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wow! I'm touched.

So, this is probably the most we're gonna get from the woman that have known Lindsey for the past 50+ years, and wasn't showing any signs of discomfort near him until the day she fired him.

It's really hard to explain and/or justify her current behavior. It was already hard to justify her reasons to fire him, but this? If her ONLY problem with Lindsey was his desire to delay the FM tour, isn't acting cold towards his health condition a bit too much?

She's only showing her true colors, and giving her fans a tough job into justifying their Queen. She was probably NOT expecting that her little tantrum from last year will end up in Lindsey on a hospital bed.
I am just glad they spelled his name right. They could have played the Lindsay card.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newzchspy View Post
Yes, you're correct, it's business and money is money.

However, don't be deluded into thinking that people do not take lawsuits personally, as they do. For some, it haunts them for life. There's an emotional involvement to being sued. It's the ultimate FU to the recipient.
and in this case I'd agree with you if he'd hit them with the lawsuit unprovoked. But here I think the firing was the ultimate FU to the recipient, who then felt compelled to defend himself with a lawsuit.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

You know she wants him dead.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wow! I'm touched.

So, this is probably the most we're gonna get from the woman that have known Lindsey for the past 50+ years, and wasn't showing any signs of discomfort near him until the day she fired him.

It's really hard to explain and/or justify her current behavior. It was already hard to justify her reasons to fire him, but this? If her ONLY problem with Lindsey was his desire to delay the FM tour, isn't acting cold towards his health condition a bit too much?

She's only showing her true colors, and giving her fans a tough job into justifying their Queen. She was probably NOT expecting that her little tantrum from last year will end up in Lindsey on a hospital bed.
And to think she was once in love with the guy. I wonder what her younger self would have to say if she saw their future.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
You know she wants him dead.
please stop saying that.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"