User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-29-2018, 08:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Of course. The addition of Hold Me at this phase of the tour is desperation. The arenas are packed but very low energy crowds compared with On With The Show. The band feels this and keeps dropping any deep tracks for more hits. We lost Hypnotized, Storms, Isn't It Midnight, and some Finn song. The casual "fans" want the hits because they never heard these other songs. The fans are like a deer caught in the headlights when the deep tracks are played. If things continue at this rate, don't be surprised to see Stand Back come into the set.
Which again shows you that the fans aren't showing up for "this new energized FM" they are just there to hear the jukebox.
Old 11-29-2018, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I kind of thought there was a good chance Hold Me and Wish You Were Here would be on the original set list, since they were performed by Buck/Vie last year.
Yes I was sure they were gonna do Hold Me on this tour because they had it down for BuckVie. If Lindsey was not kicked out I have no doubt it would have been a part of the standard setlist.

For some reason this one hurts. I’m happy they are doing Second Hand News and Monday Morning. I hate they are doing GYOW but Lindsey’s solo tour is healing for that. But Hold Me? I don’t know why but it just hurts. She was doing that nice intro to it last year, how it was one of their duets, her and Lindsey. How much the two of them always had a connection and worked so great together. It just finally feels like she’s really betraying him.

And people, please don’t come back to this with some stupid reasoning and trying to rationalize why it’s ok. It is not, not to me.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-29-2018, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
Which again shows you that the fans aren't showing up for "this new energized FM" they are just there to hear the jukebox.
Public filling arenas, yeah. As most nostalgia bands. They are there for a notch in the belt, beer and jukebox.

As far as the actual FM fans, from looking across social media it’s mainly Stevie Nicks rabid fans who always hated LB, and couldn’t care less about the Mac. All of the sudden they are going to tons of Mac shows, even though they are getting nothing different from Nicks from any other FM tour (unless you count 3 covers). Oh and Steve. 😂

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-29-2018, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Do you remember she did this one on her 1984 tour, and she sang with — I think it was — George Hawkins. Maybe Todd Sharp sang, too?
I thought her solo version was better than the Mirage tour version.
Old 11-29-2018, 12:53 PM

They are doing World Turning which was the first ever BuckVie co-write.
Old 11-29-2018, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
They are doing World Turning which was the first ever BuckVie co-write.
There you go with rational points - what did I say about that somewhere up in this thread?

Old 11-29-2018, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
There you go with rational points - what did I say about that somewhere up in this thread?
If they did Mystified, I would be seriously pissed. Because that would be some serious BuckVie taunting. lol
Old 11-29-2018, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Just wanted to remind you that Billy Burnette also sang Don't Let Me Down Again, a song that Lindsey recorded before he even joined FM. To me, that was more brazen than Neil singing Second Hand News.
Agreed.

I used to think that it was brazen, too, until I learned that Billy and his dad were given a copy of Buckingham Nicks in 1973 and Billy immediately fell in love with the album. He thought it was reminiscent of Delaney & Bonnie. He may have been familiar with them before being familiar with Fleetwood Mac. Anyway, DLMDA was a natural fit for his style.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-29-2018, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Agreed.

I used to think that it was brazen, too, until I learned that Billy and his dad were given a copy of Buckingham Nicks in 1973 and Billy immediately fell in love with the album. He thought it was reminiscent of Delaney & Bonnie. He may have been familiar with them before being familiar with Fleetwood Mac. Anyway, DLMDA was a natural fit for his style.
I never thought it was brazen, for those very reasons. Billy had a baker's dozen links to Fleetwood Mac by that time, and loved Lindsey. You can bet that DLMDA was in the set in 1987 expressly because Billy wanted to do it. So it wasn't brazen at all—it was a tribute from a fan (a fan who appeared with Lindsey on SNL in 1981).

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-29-2018, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I never thought it was brazen, for those very reasons. Billy had a baker's dozen links to Fleetwood Mac by that time, and loved Lindsey. You can bet that DLMDA was in the set in 1987 expressly because Billy wanted to do it. So it wasn't brazen at all—it was a tribute from a fan (a fan who appeared with Lindsey on SNL in 1981).
I remember being quite pleased with the Billy choice back in 1987. I was so familiar with his music and style that I didn't mind it at all.
Old 11-29-2018, 04:59 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Also, I understand what you're saying about Hold Me, but the fact that FM hasn't performed it live since 1982 does, to me, make it a surprising and pleasing addition! Although I hate they gave up Isn't It Midnight, at least they replaced it with Hold Me and not Over My Head, for example, a song I love but has been performed several times by FM, unlike Hold Me.
I'm unbelievably sad about IIM's dissapearance from the setlist. It's one of my favorite songs and it's inclusion is what got me hyped for this tour and convinced me to buy my ticket. Hoping they don't cut anymore...

You've got a point though that seeing Hold Me is a rarity in it of itself, even if I'm not necessarily a huge fan of the song. From the video I saw of it though I did like it better than the album cut, so that's something.

If they had cut IIM for the low-energy Over My Head I would have thrown a chair .

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)
Old 11-29-2018, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netter75 View Post
I'm unbelievably sad about IIM's dissapearance from the setlist. It's one of my favorite songs and it's inclusion is what got me hyped for this tour and convinced me to buy my ticket. Hoping they don't cut anymore...

You've got a point though that seeing Hold Me is a rarity in it of itself, even if I'm not necessarily a huge fan of the song. From the video I saw of it though I did like it better than the album cut, so that's something.

If they had cut IIM for the low-energy Over My Head I would have thrown a chair .
Agree... Over My Head Live... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 11-29-2018, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Just wanted to remind you that Billy Burnette also sang Don't Let Me Down Again, a song that Lindsey recorded before he even joined FM. To me, that was more brazen than Neil singing Second Hand News.

Also, I understand what you're saying about Hold Me, but the fact that FM hasn't performed it live since 1982 does, to me, make it a surprising and pleasing addition! Although I hate they gave up Isn't It Midnight, at least they replaced it with Hold Me and not Over My Head, for example, a song I love but has been performed several times by FM, unlike Hold Me.

I kind of thought there was a good chance Hold Me and Wish You Were Here would be on the original set list, since they were performed by Buck/Vie last year.
That's correct. One difference is that Stevie sings the entire song (Don't let me down again). I love Hold Me and welcome it to the set. That's not my point. I just see their bravery falling apart. I think they had too much faith in their casual fans. You know, the ones who only show up for Stevie which is about 80% of the crowd.
Old 11-29-2018, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Agree... Over My Head Live... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
True.
Give us the Live Album (1980) version or go home.
Old 11-29-2018, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Soon they'll just play the Greatest Hits cd over the PA, watching on hesitantly from backstage while the audience is hosed down with jets of cheap beer.