User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-25-2018, 04:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Angry Now we know why.....

Remember the Fleetwood Mac Sirius-XM channel several months ago? Most of us pointed out solo Lindsey Buckingham music was not being played.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm
Maybe an oversight we thought? Some of us could not dare believe the band would be so petty to purposely make sure Lindsey's solo music was not played. Hard to believe.
Now we learn the band wont acknowledge Lindsey even via email. Its almost as if he did not exist. Which now makes sense why the Lindsey ban was on the channel.
Its so childish even for Fleetwood Mac.

You smirk at me and I will throw you out of this band, prevent all others from ever speaking to you again, and make sure your music is never heard on our channel.
"Christine...….bring me the axe"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpY0tmpLZBs
Old 10-25-2018, 09:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Remember the Fleetwood Mac Sirius-XM channel several months ago? Most of us pointed out solo Lindsey Buckingham music was not being played.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm
Maybe an oversight we thought? Some of us could not dare believe the band would be so petty to purposely make sure Lindsey's solo music was not played. Hard to believe.
Now we learn the band wont acknowledge Lindsey even via email. Its almost as if he did not exist. Which now makes sense why the Lindsey ban was on the channel.
Its so childish even for Fleetwood Mac.

You smirk at me and I will throw you out of this band, prevent all others from ever speaking to you again, and make sure your music is never heard on our channel.
"Christine...….bring me the axe"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpY0tmpLZBs
Was solo music from anyone else who was a former member played at that time?
Old 10-25-2018, 09:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
Was solo music from anyone else who was a former member played at that time?
Yes, Stevie's, Chris' and even John had a play or two from his solo album, IIRC.

Can't remember if any of Mick's solo was played...............
Old 10-25-2018, 09:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
Yes, Stevie's, Chris' and even John had a play or two from his solo album, IIRC.

Can't remember if any of Mick's solo was played...............
Yes, but those were current members. I meant, was there any solo music from FORMER members played at the time. (Bob, Peter, Lindsey etc....) If not, then that would explain it.
Old 10-25-2018, 09:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, but those were current members. I meant, was there any solo music from FORMER members played at the time. (Bob, Peter, Lindsey etc....) If not, then that would explain it.
Oh, I see what you are saying. Sorry. I'm trying to remember if Peter, Bob, etc were played. I want to say yes, but I'm not 100 % sure.

You could ck one of the threads that talk about the music station when it came out on Sirius. People were listing interesting tracks at that time.
Old 10-25-2018, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
Oh, I see what you are saying. Sorry. I'm trying to remember if Peter, Bob, etc were played. I want to say yes, but I'm not 100 % sure.

You could ck one of the threads that talk about the music station when it came out on Sirius. People were listing interesting tracks at that time.
I personally did not hear anything solo from anyone who wasn't with the band anymore, but of course I didn't listen 24/7. I just think a simple explanation makes sense.
Old 10-25-2018, 10:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I personally did not hear anything solo from anyone who wasn't with the band anymore, but of course I didn't listen 24/7. I just think a simple explanation makes sense.
How utterly myopic of you.

So you can't appreciate Peter or Bob's music?

Maybe you should admit that you're really just a $tevie fan?
Old 10-25-2018, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
How utterly myopic of you.

So you can't appreciate Peter or Bob's music?

Maybe you should admit that you're really just a $tevie fan?
Umm, what? Not sure how you could possibly draw this conclusion from what I said. All I pointed out was if they didn't play solo work from anyone who was no longer a current member of the band it would explain why they wouldn't have played any Lindsey solo work. I LOVE Bob's music. Little bit less of a fan of Peter's time in the band, but not unappreciative by any means.
Old 10-25-2018, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

You said you didn't want to hear anything from anyone who wasn't in the band anymore.

Fire up the Crowded House and Petty!
Old 10-25-2018, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I think I need to add more context so my post is clearer. Several months ago when the channel was on, it played all kinds of Mac music including lots of Stevie solo and Christine solo. They even played Billy Burnette from BTM. I think Mick's solo "I want you back" was also played. A recurring comment was no one heard anything from Lindsey's solo career. Lots of speculation of oversight or comparison to former member's solo stuff not being played.
They really moved fast in making sure Lindsey was a former member.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-25-2018 at 10:47 AM..
Old 10-25-2018, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think I need to add more context so my post is clearer. Several months ago when the channel was on, it played all kinds of Mac music including lots of Stevie solo and Christine solo. They even played Billy Burnette from BTM. I think Mick's solo "I want you back" was also played. A recurring comment was no one heard anything from Lindsey's solo career. Lots of speculation of oversight or comparison to former member's solo stuff not being played.
Well I'm certain of that. I guess $he showed him who the boss was.
Old 10-25-2018, 10:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
You said you didn't want to hear anything from anyone who wasn't in the band anymore.

Fire up the Crowded House and Petty!
No...I did not and I have enough faith in your ability to have read and comprehended this thread to know you know that as well. At this point I think you are just trying to start something with me to amuse yourself.
Old 10-25-2018, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't know, I guess I just wasn't surprised. The news had broken already and with not hearing anything solo from anyone else no longer with the band, it didn't seem unusual to me. Yes, if there had been a lot of former member's outside work featured but not his, I would have thought it would have been odd too. But that didn't seem to be an issue.
Old 10-25-2018, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Toward the end of the stations run they did start including Lindsey's commentary on various tracks, but it was weird that they waited until week 4 of 4 to do so.
Old 10-25-2018, 11:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No...I did not and I have enough faith in your ability to have read and comprehended this thread to know you know that as well. At this point I think you are just trying to start something with me to amuse yourself.
Your first sentence here is extremely hard to comprehend. You might want to work on that?