User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-14-2018, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
You know that this was the first band I fell in love with back in '75 and have been ever so faithful to up until this point. You have no idea how many magazines I collected, radio interviews I listened to, concerts I attended, and albums I so highly anticipated over the years. Now, it's just **** to me. Wow, I can't even believe I'm typing this.
From the late 70s-late 80s, I have VOLUMES of magazine clippings, etc.
They're dead to me now.
Old 09-14-2018, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
From the late 70s-late 80s, I have VOLUMES of magazine clippings, etc.
They're dead to me now.
The White Album was the FIRST album I bought! Followed by The Eagles "One of These Nights" and Queen's "A Night at the Opera". I've been following these MF's a long time!!!!!!! I just don't give a **** anymore!
Old 09-14-2018, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The White Album was the FIRST album I bought! Followed by The Eagles "One of These Nights" and Queen's "A Night at the Opera". I've been following these MF's a long time!!!!!!! I just don't give a **** anymore!
Ha! Hotel California was my first real(non-K-tel) album.

Then my older cousin moved in with us, with her FM collection, and I was never the same.
Old 09-14-2018, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ha! Hotel California was my first real(non-K-tel) album.

Then my older cousin moved in with us, with her FM collection, and I was never the same.
You HEARD THE MAC!!
Old 09-14-2018, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You HEARD THE MAC!!
Became completely and utterly OBSESSED.
Old 09-14-2018, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Became completely and utterly OBSESSED.
I went from '75 back, kinda like Stevie did. And yes, I believed there was something I could tap in to! What a fantastic experience it was/has been!
Old 09-14-2018, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I went from '75 back, kinda like Stevie did. And yes, I believed there was something I could tap in to! What a fantastic experience it was/has been!
Agreed. And I ventured back through the Bob Welch years, too. Although the Rumours lineup will always be #1(past tense, now).
Old 09-14-2018, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Agreed. And I ventured back through the Bob Welch years, too. Although the Rumours lineup will always be #1(past tense, now).
Rumours 5 first for me, then the Middle Mac years with Kirwan and Welch second.

Old 09-14-2018, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Richard Dashut on his Twitter 53 minutes ago:

Look I’m clearly on Lindsey’s side but I refuse to trash the rest of the band for a decision I was not present for. They were all my friends so I find myself in a rather difficult position. I am not here to judge, I shall leave that to you. The music shall outlive the bull****!
Old 09-14-2018, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Truly, that piece can hardly be a surprise to anyone, can it? I mean, what else would one expect from that shyster, and, by association, that whole bunch?

May their concerts be dark holes of awfulness, and may they get the worst reviews in the history of Rock 'n Roll.

Old 09-14-2018, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

Look I’m clearly on Lindsey’s side but I refuse to trash the rest of the band for a decision I was not present for. They were all my friends so I find myself in a rather difficult position. I am not here to judge, I shall leave that to you. The music shall outlive the bull****!
A thread of its' own perhaps? Not Mick's Billboard Interview. I really think that is a very interesting topic to begin on its' own. Or tie it into some other twitter thread?
Old 09-14-2018, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

It always annoys me when people announce that they're NOT going to say something negative/trash talk/whatever. It's like they want to be applauded or something.

Just don't trash the band and leave it at that.

Unless, of course, he wants to make sure he doesn't piss anyone off, in which case a clear "declaration of friendship" is necessary, perhaps.

Old 09-14-2018, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
A thread of its' own perhaps? Not Mick's Billboard Interview. I really think that is a very interesting topic to begin on its' own. Or tie it into some other twitter thread?
start it if you feel like it. that tweet was preceeded by 2 other tweets earlier today where RD was claiming that he doesn't think LB would be on social media, and fans replying to him that he is, as also confirmed by his wife, and RD ultimately conceding that point. here are those tweets, starting from the bottom:

Richard Dashut
‏Verified account
@RichardDashut
2h2 hours ago

Richard Dashut
‏Verified account
@RichardDashut
2h2 hours ago

Apparently you all out there know a lot more than I do because I must admit I don’t do much social media myself anymore except Twitter. So I guess it really is Lindsey. No I’m not going to call & ask him, I shall take your word for it. Will be looking to you for further info. o&o

Richard Dashut
‏Verified account
@RichardDashut
4h4 hours ago

I can’t picture Lindsey doing much social media. To distracting from his music which defines his art, in turn defining his life. (Along with his family) I remain skeptical.. r

Richard Dashut
‏Verified account
@RichardDashut
5h5 hours ago

I don’t doubt you, it just doesn’t sound like him. To bad this whole thing has turned into one big “sh*itshow”. It’s supposed to be about the music. Getting sidetracked is not the legacy the records deserve, the band members are acting like a distraction at this point.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 09-14-2018 at 10:27 PM..
Old 09-14-2018, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
start it if you feel like it. that tweet was preceeded by 2 other tweets earlier today where RD was claiming that he doesn't think LB would be on social media, and fans replying to him that he is, as also confirmed by his wife, and RD ultimately conceding that point. here are those tweets, starting from the bottom:

Richard Dashut
‏Verified account
@RichardDashut
2h2 hours ago

Richard Dashut
‏Verified account
@RichardDashut
2h2 hours ago

Apparently you all out there know a lot more than I do because I must admit I don’t do much social media myself anymore except Twitter. So I guess it really is Lindsey. No I’m not going to call & ask him, I shall take your word for it. Will be looking to you for further info. o&o

Richard Dashut
‏Verified account
@RichardDashut
4h4 hours ago

I can’t picture Lindsey doing much social media. To distracting from his music which defines his art, in turn defining his life. (Along with his family) I remain skeptical.. r

No not me. Up to the Ledgie who brought it up. So I guess he is doubting this is Lindsey tweeting? Why not call Lindsey and ask him? Cynical much Richard? Why be so mysterious about it? Seems like RD just wants to sweep all this under the carpet and LIVE FOR THE MUSIC!? WTF?!
Old 09-14-2018, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Thank you so much for letting me know about the Ledge's policy about not repeating oneself. I feel so much better knowing that you won't be repeating the same anti-Mick and anti-Stevie rubbish that you and others have been repeating for months.
Anti stevie and Mick? Yeah you have no clue regarding my past with this band, so keep your ignorant trite garbage to yourself. How dare a bunch of Fleetwood Mac fans on a Fleetwood Mac message board fail to start praising Neil Finn, Neil Diamond, or whoever as a new member of the band and fail to immediately start worshipping the ground that Stevie or Mick walk on.

I've been buying tickets and supporting this band lovingly since I was 14 in 1997. The image in my signature - I sent them a letter to the village recorder when word got out they were recording. I was a huge fan of all of them, Stevie included for most of my life. This isn't a who's been a fan longer contest, but don't start implying im just bashing Mick or Stevie because I'm just a hater. I've absolutely shown my support for this band and have really had very little negative things to say until the recent events of the past six months. So take your ignorant garbage judgements and hop back on the garbage barge you arrived on.

Last edited by BigAl84; 09-14-2018 at 11:02 PM..