The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-27-2018, 01:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Confirmation and reaffirmation for me and I'm sure many of you.
Old 04-27-2018, 05:33 AM
Ledgie

Also being reported by CBS is this little tidbit. "If all goes well, the band says they hope to record."

UGHHHHHH!!!!!
Old 04-27-2018, 05:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamwilliame View Post
Also being reported by CBS is this little tidbit. "If all goes well, the band says they hope to record."

UGHHHHHH!!!!!
Yep—that’s a real slap in the face, to Buckingham and to fans who wanted one last great Rumours lineup album.
Old 04-27-2018, 06:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamwilliame View Post

UGHHHHHH!!!!!
I doubt that will happen i.e. meaning a full 12 song CD album. I do believe in their practice time they will create and play a new song for the tour. It will be one song just to prove to the world they are truly a "new" band and the members were added not just to bum rush a tour. It wont get recorded but instead played live.
After the American leg, the European and Australian dates will be added. I don't see this tour ending until late 2019. I just don't see the Mac getting together with their age to record an album in 2021.
Old 04-27-2018, 06:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Thanks for posting the article. This double standard has been pointed out before but this is yet another example.
Lets be clear and real. If Stevie said please delay the tour 5 months for whatever reason, the band would do it without hesitation. I hope there is no one foolish to believe otherwise. This is why so many don't believe this touring smoke screen.
i dont think lindsey really asked for a 2 year or even 1 year delay especially if these dates had pretty much been roughly sketched out.
he conceivably could have done a bit of a US tour over the summer before the FM one.

is there something else they are covering up?
Old 04-27-2018, 07:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

https://twitter.com/notphoebebuffay/...20398632058880

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-27-2018, 08:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Same here. If she had a freaking toothpick of a backbone, she could have STOPPED this. But she did nothing. First, Bob Welch, and now this. She's no better than OGB.
And that's why she's now trying to get away with this by saying she didn't know anything until she was in London. Yeah, right!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-27-2018, 08:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

this is such a trainwreck.
I want to look away but I can't. I'm still in shock and grief.
Old 04-27-2018, 08:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Yep—that’s a real slap in the face, to Buckingham and to fans who wanted one last great Rumours lineup album.
One of many slaps. Tour starting on his birthday and in October, when it could have easily started also in November (a month clearly doesn't make a difference) are also punches on his face.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 04-27-2018, 08:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It's shameful they couldn't keep couldn't keep their sh!t together when even ABBA is reuniting and putting out new music.

https://abbasite.com/articles/a-message-from-abba/

Old 04-27-2018, 09:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brown View Post
It's shameful they couldn't keep couldn't keep their sh!t together when even ABBA is reuniting and putting out new music.

https://abbasite.com/articles/a-message-from-abba/
Wow.. I knew about the avatar tour but did not know about the new songs..I'm so happy that I was able to see ABBA live in 1979. Now there is one band that has carefully curated it's legacy unlike another one that I can think of

Old 04-27-2018, 09:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

How are they Going to go on that stage every night and be happy about it? Before it was different, at least somebody left and they had no choice but to carry on. This whole thing just reeks. The fact that Stevie said she just wants to be happy, tells you it just wasn’t just about the tour either.

Last edited by secondhandchain; 04-27-2018 at 09:23 AM..
Old 04-27-2018, 09:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
How are they Going to go on that stage every night and be happy about it? Before it was different, at least somebody left and they had no choice but to carry on. This whole thing just reeks. The fact that Stevie said she just wants to be happy, tells you it just wasn’t just about the tour either.
The fake sentiment will be on in full force. If she just wanted to be happy and do something with Mike so they could mourn Tom, why didn't she just put him in her band and tour solo with him and tell Fleetwood Mac to bug off? Oh wait, because she can make more money touring with Fleetwood Mac and do a third or more less of the work!
Old 04-27-2018, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
They're gonna be happy because this is what Stevie wanted, and Mick obliged.
Seriously, that RS quote was the definition of why Lindsey was fired. Stevie couldn't stand him anymore and she wanted to spend this tour (and the rest of her life, because I think also personally everything has been broken between them) happy.
So, yes, she's gonna be happy. Don't worry about that.
Old 04-27-2018, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie always said she always wanted to be a Heartbreaker....well, now she can. She always wanted her music to sound like Tom Petty.... said it was why she hired Jimmy etc... Now she's got Mike, who wrote a lot of the HB music where Tom wrote the lyrics and melodies...

So Mike will write music that she can't, and she can sing lyrics and melody over it (For What It's Worth, anyone? Desert Angel?) And, thanks to some smart people on here, I learned (and watched vids on youtube) Mike sings, and sounds quite a bit like Tom. So I can see her suddenly being motivated to write and record. Heck, maybe they can even bring Benmont in to replace Brett. I'd be willing to wager a small sum that they've at least contacted him about filling in the second keyboardist slot this tour. (Not sure he'd do it, but I really think she'd at least feel him out about it).

What should it be called? Stevie Nicks and the Macbreakers? (ties in to Heartbreakers and Bluesbreakers)

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 04-27-2018 at 12:45 PM..