The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-26-2018, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This new atrocity is coming to my hometown, to play the Baltimore Arena.
now I saw Mac as a 4 piece here, I was close and the crowd surge to help Lindsey play his guitar was....so cool.

I would normally be over the moon that Mac was coming back but I can not bring myself to attend this.

I feel sorry for Mike, believe it or not, because during his grief over Tom he now gets sucked into the Fleetwood Mac drama/vortex.
Old 04-26-2018, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Oh what a crock of crap....
Ok, I have to do this because well said
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-26-2018, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
and somebody actually thought that Lindsey would suddenly say, Oh, ok, I'll be in the band with both these new guys?

That's probably how Mick justifies it as not a 'firing'. Well, we gave him a choice, knowing it was not a choice at all. wtf is wrong with these people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I read Mike Campbell was called up 6 days after the Musicares event. I have no doubt things had been building to a head prior to that but come on....6 days!
Surely the history and legacy of the band dictates they should have made more of an effort than bringing in a new guy just 6 days after a bust up.
Let the dust properly settle FFS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
That would presume Mick and Stevie possessed a sense of decency and propriety they manifestly don't have. That nauseating performance on CBS says it all.
Like Kristen Buckingham said #whoareyoupeople

Stevie holding Lindsey's arm the whole time during Musicares speech and then stabbing him in the back. Who are you indeed.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-26-2018, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennonfan View Post
now I saw Mac as a 4 piece here, I was close and the crowd surge to help Lindsey play his guitar was....so cool.

I would normally be over the moon that Mac was coming back but I can not bring myself to attend this.

I feel sorry for Mike, believe it or not, because during his grief over Tom he now gets sucked into the Fleetwood Mac drama/vortex.
Are you kidding? Mike can make some serious money. I'm sure FM can make more money touring than Tom ever did. Not an insult to Tom, I just know FM were/are a bigger touring act.
Old 04-26-2018, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennonfan View Post

i know.

last tour they played DC arena twice, but they didn't play Baltimore.

this time i was not gonna follow them on tour like the last 2 tours. i was gonna just do a home show - so that would have been DC and Baltimore. i was planning to follow LB's solo tour in between, as many shows as i could make.

now of course i would NEVER go. i feel bad for Chris but she needs to walk. i would have to throw up hearing them doing the chain. there's no way to make it through any of their show now.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-26-2018, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Like Kristen Buckingham said #whoareyoupeople

Stevie holding Lindsey's arm the whole time during Musicares speech and then stabbing him in the back. Who are you indeed.
i know. i was on FB today and somebody said in comment to KB's post - oh she's saying that to fans for being bitter about what happened. no honey, she's liking all the posts from fans supporting Lindsey and calling it like it is.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-27-2018, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Are you kidding? Mike can make some serious money. I'm sure FM can make more money touring than Tom ever did. Not an insult to Tom, I just know FM were/are a bigger touring act.
Not so sure about that. Tom Petty was on the road a lot more often than FM - playing huge arenas selling out multiple nights in one city. They had become like the Grateful Dead -- with a huge touring fan base. Their setlists and arrangements were constantly changing, so fans wanted to go as many nights as possible.
Old 04-27-2018, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
Not so sure about that. Tom Petty was on the road a lot more often than FM - playing huge arenas selling out multiple nights in one city. They had become like the Grateful Dead -- with a huge touring fan base. Their setlists and arrangements were constantly changing, so fans wanted to go as many nights as possible.
Yeah, Tom was huge on the road. He was magnificent live.

Mike was an inspired choice; he'll bring an audience with him that wasn't the case when Billy/Rick joined....no offense to them. I mean they did have fans, but Tom and the HB were another level altogether, and a much bigger and more diverse audience. And they have nowhere else to go right now....so yeah they'll show up to see Mike which will help ticket sales.
Old 04-27-2018, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Yeah, Tom was huge on the road. He was magnificent live.

Mike was an inspired choice; he'll bring an audience with him that wasn't the case when Billy/Rick joined....no offense to them. I mean they did have fans, but Tom and the HB were another level altogether, and a much bigger and more diverse audience. And they have nowhere else to go right now....so yeah they'll show up to see Mike which will help ticket sales.

Mostly agree with what you said. Except are they willing to pay top dollar for a concert with their guitar hero nestled in a FM show? It's not Tom Petty after all. They're gonna be playing FM songs mostly. It's not a step up for Mike Campbell, except he was "out in the cold, nowhere to go". TP and The Heartbreakers put on a hell of a live show!
Old 04-27-2018, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post

Just remember, you only stab the ones you love.
Old 04-27-2018, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Also, not many people are aware of Mike Campbell's songwriting credits.
The last thing he needs is money:

Boy's of Summer
Heart of the Matter
Here Comes My Girl
Refugee
Stop Draggin My Heart Around
Runnin Down a Dream
A Woman In Love
You Got Lucky

He has co-writing credits on all of those, which means he made buckets of money on each of them and still continues to. His kids will be earning royalties on these songs long after he's gone.

Last edited by dontlookdown; 04-27-2018 at 07:28 PM..
Old 04-27-2018, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Just remember, you only stab the ones you love.
and if CSI taught us anything
stabbings are personal
Old 04-27-2018, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've been thinking about Mike Campbell and his statement
""I'm making this my priority until whenever, you know. We'll see what happens," Campbell said." In my humble thinking I see this as an out card if things go south and I am sure they will!

Oh Mick, Stevie, Christine, and John, how could you do this? Its not like yrs ago, ya'll are old for chriss sakes! I wish they could have gone out with dignity and style as the five fireflies
Old 04-27-2018, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgana View Post
I've been thinking about Mike Campbell and his statement
""I'm making this my priority until whenever, you know. We'll see what happens," Campbell said." In my humble thinking I see this as an out card if things go south and I am sure they will!

Oh Mick, Stevie, Christine, and John, how could you do this? Its not like yrs ago, ya'll are old for chriss sakes! I wish they could have gone out with dignity and style as the five fireflies

I give Mike a ton of credit--he's in a bad spot and this isn't his fault. I've seen him live before--incredible talent no doubt. The statement he made about joining FM right after the news broke was classy and respectful. It eased the pain a bit
Old 04-27-2018, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I give Mike a ton of credit--he's in a bad spot and this isn't his fault. I've seen him live before--incredible talent no doubt. The statement he made about joining FM right after the news broke was classy and respectful. It eased the pain a bit
I agree he is in a tough spot, balancing it all and yet he handled it with tact and grace, he is a class act. I hope he doesn't get burned.