User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-02-2005, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
I hate cats, so if I were in your shoes, I'd move out.
Generally, I really do like cats...I'm just not fond of these.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markolas
Does anyone here live with roommates who are otherwise cool (well, mostly), but have filthy, nasty pets?

My roommates have two cats. Neither one is very friendly. One is apparently not litterbox trained, and he's constantly crapping all over the house. To make matters worse, the roomies don't really clean the litterbox regularly. Since they're not my cats, and I'm really paying too much to live here anyway, I refuse to clean it.

I've taken to closing my bedroom door when I leave in the mornings, because the incontinent one took a dump on my floor once. The other day, the cat apparently snuck into my room and crawled under my bed while I was in the shower. When I left for work, I closed the door. Well...

He was shut up in there all day long and pissed on my bed and on my zafu/zabuton (meditation cushion and pad that cost almost $100). The roomies were very apologetic about the bed and got it cleaned up. However, they never mentioned the zafu/zabuton until last night when I noticed it wasn't in my room. So I asked one of the roomies about it, and he showed it to me, stacked up in the dining room (along with a bunch of other crap...the roomies don't keep a neat house, but that's a separate issue). The zabuton smelled of cat urine. Apparently, they have ordered some pet urine remover that comes with a black light, or some such nonsense.

It pissed me off (no pun intended) that they failed to mention it to me until I asked about it. Arrrgh!! If they don't get the piss out, I'm going to insist that they buy me a new set. Again...it cost me almost $100!

I just had to get this off my chest...sorry.
Sorry to hear about this.... I know how frustrating it can be to live with an irresponsible pet owner. I have two cats...and my roommate has three. But, we have a house, so it's not like they're crammed in a small apartment. Our cats have never peed or **** on the floor, or anywhere else for that matter other than in their litter boxes. But, we keep the boxes clean. Always. Everyday.

Cats tend to urinate or crap on the furniture...especially beds, chairs and couches....when they are pissed off about their living conditions (ESPECIALLY DIRTY LITTER BOXES), or because of a lack of attention and affection from 'their people'.

My kitties are soooooo friendly and sweet, and never bite or scratch. They greet everyone, and are very affectionate....they're kind of like dogs... Everyone who has met my cats loves them - everyone - even people who are allergic to cats cannot seem to resist their feline charms.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerchic
Since we're on the topic of cats, my 10 week old kitten has terrible gas could it be something else other then cheap cat food? I have her on a medium priced kitten food (kibble & canned), should she be on that expensive vet food?
Oh yeah!! But even Iams is really good. The better the food, the less they eat....and subsequently ****... Which means you have to clean the litter boxes less often....and buy less litter. It all pays off, really.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
I'm with you, cats are demonic on a good day.

cats are angels sent from god

.. it's the nasty humans that have the ability to turn them demonic.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant
Sorry to hear about this.... I know how frustrating it can be to live with an irresponsible pet owner. I have two cats...and my roommate has three. But, we have a house, so it's not like they're crammed in a small apartment. Our cats have never peed or **** on the floor, or anywhere else for that matter other than in their litter boxes. But, we keep the boxes clean. Always. Everyday.

Cats tend to urinate or crap on the furniture...especially beds, chairs and couches....when they are pissed off about their living conditions (ESPECIALLY DIRTY LITTER BOXES), or because of a lack of attention and affection from 'their people'.

My kitties are soooooo friendly and sweet, and never bite or scratch. They greet everyone, and are very affectionate....they're kind of like dogs... Everyone who has met my cats loves them - everyone - even people who are allergic to cats cannot seem to resist their feline charms.
My Mufy is the same way, his gramma and grampa are allergic and they both adore him. He is a love, especially if you are a guest, he will be extremely attentive but not in an invasive way.

I would say, markolas, to speak with your roommates about the condition of the litter box, that it must be clean because that will keep the cats from ****ting and pissing everywhere else which is unaccepatable! If they slip up, tell them again. Third time? Get good with the scoop and swallow your pride and take care of it. Leave your dirty dishes or something to even things out but scoop that poop. Don't bite of your nose to spite your face. Then start your search for new roommates.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
I hate cats, so if I were in your shoes, I'd move out.
I agree. They're so sneaky... Both my best friends have cats and I'll be at their house, turn around and one is right there... Gah, go away!

"Age is just a number... The rest is just a state of mind."
Old 08-03-2005, 12:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidBlue5000
cats are angels sent from god

.. it's the nasty humans that have the ability to turn them demonic.
Oh no no no, I beg to differ. I've seen cats in loving homes, well fed and loves and cared for and still behave like dinks, peeing all over the place.

I used to be Snow White but I drifted - Mae West.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant
Oh yeah!! But even Iams is really good. The better the food, the less they eat....and subsequently ****... Which means you have to clean the litter boxes less often....and buy less litter. It all pays off, really.
That makes sense, I know they need to eat more of the cheaper stuff to get the nutrition, it just doesn't fill them the same, but I never thought of them (I have 2 cats) pooping more, dah. Thanks for the advice.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

OMG! I came home from work on my lunch break just now and CAUGHT THE F*CKING CAT DOING IT AGAIN!!

My friend Ryan just moved into a new house with a few extra bedrooms...I think I'm gonna ask if he's the market for a roommate (although, now that I think about it, he has cats, too )
Old 08-04-2005, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Its the OWNERS, not the cats. I hope you just move out and get those cats a new owner!!
Old 08-04-2005, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markolas
OMG! I came home from work on my lunch break just now and CAUGHT THE F*CKING CAT DOING IT AGAIN!!

My friend Ryan just moved into a new house with a few extra bedrooms...I think I'm gonna ask if he's the market for a roommate (although, now that I think about it, he has cats, too )
cats will wee whereever theyve wee'd before...so if anything smells like it expect it to happen there over and over...and a box must be kept clean else even the cat wont want to go near it. if they were cool theyd replace what you lost but from the sound of it id say it is their bed that needs a weejob before you depart...

goodluck