The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-20-2020, 05:56 PM
Senior Ledgie

In my area at the time, 'Nothing Ever Changes" was being played as the next big song from THW. When "Nightbird" arrived later instead, after playing "Nightbird" one day, the DJ started talking about this song as a single, and ended his comments with "Yeah Right!" (... "Cry for the Nightbird..." Yeah Right!)

Soooo... it probably wasn't the best choice. I'm glad to finally read somewhere that even the record company regretted it!

I would have much preferred "I Will Run To You" over "Nightbird".
Old 01-20-2020, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by snroxman View Post
In my area at the time, 'Nothing Ever Changes" was being played as the next big song from THW. When "Nightbird" arrived later instead, after playing "Nightbird" one day, the DJ started talking about this song as a single, and ended his comments with "Yeah Right!" (... "Cry for the Nightbird..." Yeah Right!)

Soooo... it probably wasn't the best choice. I'm glad to finally read somewhere that even the record company regretted it!

I would have much preferred "I Will Run To You" over "Nightbird".
They probably saw a connection to "Edge Of Seventeen" ("I hear the call of a nightbird") that they erroneously thought would make for a sequel-type hit.
Old 01-21-2020, 05:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I just remembered probably why Enchanted was not released as a single. Its really a copy, cut/paste job from Bob Segar's "Even Now" which was a big hit for Bob earlier that year.
Iovine was working on Bob's "The Distance" almost the same time as the Wild Heart. Stevie was actually invited to the release party of The Distance. Even Now was the second single but it was supposed to be the first single. In any event, the musicians like Russ Kunkel and Roy Bittan are the same. You can pretty much sing Enchanted to the song they are so similar. Even the ending is the same.
Take a listen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfMMdf7U7Rc

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-21-2020 at 08:50 AM..
Old 01-21-2020, 06:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I just remembered why Enchanted was not released as a single. Its really a copy, cut/paste job from Bob Segar's "Even Now" which was a big hit for Bob earlier that year.
Iovine was working on Bob's "The Distance" almost the same time as the Wild Heart. Stevie was actually invited to the release party of The Distance. Even Now was the second single but it was supposed to be the first single. In any event, the musicians like Russ Kunkel and Roy Bittan are the same. You can pretty much sing Enchanted to the song they are so similar. Even the ending is the same.
Take a listen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfMMdf7U7Rc

I never thought Even Now sounded like Enchanted. Listening to it you can hear some similarities in the keys but that’s it for me.
Old 01-21-2020, 08:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
I never thought Even Now sounded like Enchanted. Listening to it you can hear some similarities in the keys but that’s it for me.
Funny. When Even Now comes on the radio on the car, I sing Enchanted to it. It sounds the same because it has the same players and producers and probably recorded just 5 months apart.

Take away the vocals and each song is almost identical. Of course its not the exact track and Roy is a bit more subtle on Even Now but its almost the same track even how the song ends. Enchanted is a bit more bouncy and Roy's playing is more pronounced.

Its easy to sing along because Even Now is 3 syllables and so is Enchanted. The Distance and Wild Heart also both peaked at #5 on Billboard charts and both sold 2 million copies in addition to both being produced by Jimmy Iovine.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-21-2020 at 08:53 AM..
Old 01-27-2020, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Don’t you guys think Sable on Blond, with its evocation of Dreams and Mick Fleetwood’s Mick Fleetwoody drumming, might have charted?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 01-27-2020, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Don’t you guys think Sable on Blond, with its evocation of Dreams and Mick Fleetwood’s Mick Fleetwoody drumming, might have charted?
I thought it was Outside The Rain that $he ripped off?