Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-23-2022, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Well I'm so excited
My Songbird is on its way.I know any minute the Amazon guy will be knocking on my front door
Unless someone steals your package. They don't knock on doors any longer. They just leave the package.
Old 06-23-2022, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Well I'm so excited
My Songbird is on its way
I just cant wait just cant wait another day
I know any minute
The Amazon guy will be knocking on my front door
Well I just cant, just cant wait a minute more
I can't eat, I can't sleep.
Since the first time daddy saw me!!
Old 07-09-2022, 11:48 AM

https://www.loudersound.com/reviews/...n-she-deserves
Old 07-10-2022, 12:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It would have been better if it had included "I'd Rather Go Blind," "Got A Hold On Me," and "Love Will Show Us How" as well as the live versions of her Fleetwood Mac hits from the Country Club show.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-10-2022, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
It would have been better if it had included "I'd Rather Go Blind," "Got A Hold On Me," and "Love Will Show Us How" as well as the live versions of her Fleetwood Mac hits from the Country Club show.
I dont think anyone would disagree with that and also including her other movie track "Cant help falling in Love"

But isn't it the consensus that those songs are not on the album because she does not own the rights to them anymore? She put her shoes on backwards. She should have released a best of CD and then the next year sold her catalog.
Old 07-10-2022, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm finally listening to the album right now. Just listened to The Challenge again and it's even worse than the first time I heard it. I don't even hear Todd or George. It's like they've been completely erased from the song. Just terrible.

EDIT 1: Ask Anybody might be even worse. It's just so devoid of spirit. It's like whoever made the decision to put this out was worried that some of the songs would sound too "dated" and felt it needed a "modern" sound. Mick's drumming is so key to what makes that song so great. Thank goodness they didn't choose to officially release Too Much Is Not Enough because I'm sure it would have been "modernized" too.

EDIT 2: All You Gotta Do is the one saving grace from this compilation. I didn't realize it was going to be a duet with George and when I heard his vocals, it hit me. This was a very nice surprise.

EDIT 3: WTF is up with this orchestral version of Songbird? Holy hell! The orchestra sounds like it's playing a completely different song. This is one of the worst releases from Fleetwood Mac or any of its members I've ever heard. I think it might be THE worst.

Last edited by Street_Dreamer; 07-10-2022 at 11:16 PM..
Old 07-11-2022, 05:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
I'm finally listening to the album right now. Just listened to The Challenge again and it's even worse than the first time I heard it. I don't even hear Todd or George. It's like they've been completely erased from the song. Just terrible.

EDIT 1: Ask Anybody might be even worse. It's just so devoid of spirit. It's like whoever made the decision to put this out was worried that some of the songs would sound too "dated" and felt it needed a "modern" sound. Mick's drumming is so key to what makes that song so great. Thank goodness they didn't choose to officially release Too Much Is Not Enough because I'm sure it would have been "modernized" too.

EDIT 2: All You Gotta Do is the one saving grace from this compilation. I didn't realize it was going to be a duet with George and when I heard his vocals, it hit me. This was a very nice surprise.

EDIT 3: WTF is up with this orchestral version of Songbird? Holy hell! The orchestra sounds like it's playing a completely different song. This is one of the worst releases from Fleetwood Mac or any of its members I've ever heard. I think it might be THE worst.
Yeah, the orchestra part is the oddest part of the album IMHO. It should be the highlight of the album called Songbird. I thought maybe it would warm up to me but no. The original is perfection but I am open to an orchestra that plays music that compliments the singing.
Old 07-11-2022, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post

Outside of the two “new” old songs, it’s pretty awful. Johns has ruined a number of otherwise fine songs. And the matter of the inclusions and the exclusions is just so head-scratchingly weird.
Old 07-12-2022, 10:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Is it me or does it seem like the bass/bottom end on a lot of these songs are really lacking compared to the originals?
Old 07-13-2022, 09:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Is it me or does it seem like the bass/bottom end on a lot of these songs are really lacking compared to the originals?
It’s not you. They are mixed down or have been muddied by the new arrangements.
Old 07-13-2022, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
It’s not you. They are mixed down or have been muddied by the new arrangements.
I want to cry. I really tried to be happy and love this.

It's me that's failed!!! Not Christine!!
Old 07-13-2022, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I want to cry. I really tried to be happy and love this.

It's me that's failed!!! Not Christine!!
In our hearts, we KNEW this record would not feature new vocals, but somehow the production and song selection seems to have outstripped even my worst fears. This is a head-scratching swansong. It won’t be a disappointment for anyone who wants to get a taste for Christine’s solo work, but those people are few in number, so most of the buyers of this compilation already have the original two solo records. I’m happy for the two “new” songs.

But I was listening to the original 1984 record yesterday. Mick’s drumming on “Ask Anybody” is exceptional, one of the finest features of that song. On “The Challenge,” the original keyboards and echoes may be rooted in 80s production, but they suited the song. Don’t get me started on the changes to “Friend,” “Northern Star,” and “Giving It Back”— all of which were highlights from the original 2004 record.
Old 07-13-2022, 12:46 PM
Senior Ledgie

At the very least, some effort was put into revamping these songs. Going into this compilation, I only anticipated some light remastering, but instead we got brand new mixes. Even for those who prefer the originals (I would put myself in that category), there is little harm in having alternate mixes of Christine McVie songs readily available.

Last edited by WalkAThinLine.; 07-13-2022 at 06:22 PM..
Old 07-13-2022, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkAThinLine. View Post
At the very least, some effort was put into revamping these songs. Going into this compilation, I only anticipated some light remastering, but instead we got brand new mixes. Even for those who prefer the originals (I would put myself in that category), there is little harm in having an alternate mixes of Christine McVie songs readily available.
You’re kinder and more generous than I. And you’re right. But man do I hate some of these remixes.
Old 07-13-2022, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
You’re kinder and more generous than I. And you’re right. But man do I hate some of these remixes.
I'm not hangin around.

God I'm obsessed with that song, though!!