Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-12-2023, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default 'Everywhere' video - behind the scenes

I've just found this fascinating little webpage for a model maker called David Tremont, who was commissioned to make the miniature inn set for the Everywhere video. It has a nice little gallery of behind the scenes photos of the very detailed set he built, which the live actors were superimposed over:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/r99P26

He seems to be based in New Zealand now, and the director of the video was an Australian called Alex Proyas, so maybe the whole thing was an Antipodean production?

I've always loved it, as it reminded me in many ways of the Jim Henson series, The Storyteller, with very similar visual effects. I was convinced for years that the lead actor - the highwayman character - was actually Lindsey... He has a very similar look to Lindsey's rather over made-up Tango vibe.

And was there ever really a version where Stevie was included in those spectral black and white shots of the band? Or is that false memory syndrome?
Old 02-12-2023, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I never liked this video. The band was on tour and not devoting time to do a proper video. I dont think MTV ever played it compared to the 3 earlier Tango videos. The band should have released the Tango video live version of Everywhere as their video. I am sure MTV would have eaten it up.
I can remember watching the MTV news when their tour started and the VJ saying they had a feeling the band's next video would include live footage since they were so busy with the tour. It never happened.
BTW, thanks for posting this tid bit of the rarest video they ever made.
Old 02-13-2023, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I’ve only seen the Mac-less version and the one with Mick, John, and Christine superimposed. AND, I only saw them on YouTube and I was an MTV junkie.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-14-2023, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I’ve only seen the Mac-less version and the one with Mick, John, and Christine superimposed. AND, I only saw them on YouTube and I was an MTV junkie.
Exactly. I waited and waited to see the Everywhere video and it never came on MTV. I never even knew a video existed until youtube came out. So odd that they played the hell out of the first 3 singles on MTV but not Everywhere. They also played the hell out of Save Me but never played Skies The Limit.
Old 02-17-2023, 09:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I like the version with Christine and John and Mick, but it seems that one has been removed from YouTube. Both versions of the video used to be on YouTube.
Old 02-20-2023, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi! To be honest, I always liked the video with Chris, John and Mick on it, but I always thought Lindsey was on it, as a musician, or as an actor! I totally agree with tango on that one

About the behind the scenes...Yes, I thought it was a real place!!! Probably a rented one, but never imagined a little house with a forest! That's very veeeery new for me

Thanks for share!
Old 02-21-2023, 04:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, the one with Chris, Mick and John was the one I used to see most. It's still on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmyDosjjP5U

This was their highest-charting single in the UK - it got to number 4 - so it popped up on Top Of The Pops. There was also a rather good documentary called The Story Of Fleetwood Mac that ended with this video, which I taped and watched endlessly.

I wish we had more behind the scenes stuff from their other videos. You will probably have seen the footage from the Big Love video, which I think is fascinating:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9mq3S908WI&t=6s

This one was directed by a Brit called Daniel Kleinman, who later went on to make all of the opening credit sequences for the James Bond films, so clearly has a very strong visual sense. He directed Go Insane and Slow Dancing videos for Lindsey, and says he was brought in for Big Love because the songwriter had a say in how the video went! There's an interesting podcast interview with him here, if you like that kind of thing - he talks about FM, as well as a lot of other big music stars he worked with:

https://podcasts.apple.com/ie/podcas...=1000550740439
Old 02-21-2023, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango87 View Post
Yes, the one with Chris, Mick and John was the one I used to see most. It's still on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmyDosjjP5U

This was their highest-charting single in the UK - it got to number 4 - so it popped up on Top Of The Pops. There was also a rather good documentary called The Story Of Fleetwood Mac that ended with this video, which I taped and watched endlessly.

I wish we had more behind the scenes stuff from their other videos. You will probably have seen the footage from the Big Love video, which I think is fascinating:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9mq3S908WI&t=6s

This one was directed by a Brit called Daniel Kleinman, who later went on to make all of the opening credit sequences for the James Bond films, so clearly has a very strong visual sense. He directed Go Insane and Slow Dancing videos for Lindsey, and says he was brought in for Big Love because the songwriter had a say in how the video went! There's an interesting podcast interview with him here, if you like that kind of thing - he talks about FM, as well as a lot of other big music stars he worked with:

https://podcasts.apple.com/ie/podcas...=1000550740439
I think it went to #1 in Ireland if I am not mistaken. One of the best youtube videos from On With The Show tour was Everywhere performed in Dublin. The entire arena is on its feet singing Everywhere and nearly drowning out Chris.