User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Interesting if this is the case! Rehearsals would be in L.A.... What on earth would Christine be doing in L.A.? She couldn't possibly just be going to visit Mick and John on the rehearsal set! (no offence Mick). England to L.A. is a pretty fair distance to travel. Hmmm... Makes you wonder.
Oh my goodness and even if that was her purpose for going, you can believe it's not all that's in Mick's mind.

Michele
Old 01-16-2013, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Lindsey Buckingham told CBS Local “It’s an odd thing for me, in many ways I’m having a better time in the band as a foursome, only because it opens up a range of things that I can do. Except for maybe ‘Don’t Stop,’ we don’t do a lot of her stuff. It opens up the amount of material we can play, it allows me to be more of a ‘guy,’ to be more of who I am up there,”
I'll open him up as a guy all right.

Michele
Old 01-16-2013, 11:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I think it's certainly possible; we know Mick & John have lived in Hawaii full time for several years now. Lindsey was looking to buy in Hawaii a year or two ago (not sure if he ever completed a purchase), and Stevie vacations on Maui in the same house pretty often to hear her tell it. So every single one of them have strong ties to Hawaii.
Also, aren't they going to be in rehearsal in February anyway. It's not like she will just be with John and Mick. Around that time, John and Mick will have to be with Stevie and Lindsey at least part of the time. I don't think they can get away from Mac preparations for more than a weekend, so close to the tour. So, the five of them would have to be together, whether it's Hawaii or Los Angeles. Also, why would Mick say that? Why tell us? He is . . . he is creating a buzz for some reason.

Michele
Old 01-16-2013, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And remember Mick already gave an interview a few weeks ago in which he daydreamed aloud about Christine singing on one of Stevie's new songs -- that Stevie hasn't given the band yet. Why would he say that? He was planning something with Christine even a month ago. It may never pan out, but that wasn't random musing on his part.

Michele
Old 01-16-2013, 11:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh wow.Thats nice to hear.Maybe some magic might happen.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 01-17-2013, 12:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick,

You are turning me on.

This is a more recent comment, so I think he still hasn't given up the idea of an album worth of songs.

http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/176883/9

Stereoboard by John Stickler, January 16, 2013

Fleetwood Mac Confirm "We're Coming To The UK"

Further details on Fleetwood Mac's recording sessions have been unveiled by the band's drummer Mick Fleetwood.

Ahead of the 35th anniversary reissue of 'Rumours', Mick Fleetwood revealed to Uncut: "About six months ago Lindsey [Buckingham], me and John [McVie] went into the studio and cut about eight or nine songs of Lindsey’s. Stevie’s done a little bit of singing on some of those songs. My aspiration and Lindsey's – and hopefully it will be the band in total – is that we’ll eventually work round to having the music we started turn into another Fleetwood Mac album down the road in the course of the next year. I would love to think that would happen. There’s some great stuff that we did, so I’m really excited about that."

Fleetwood Mac will kick-off their anticipated reunion world tour on April 4th in Columbus, Ohio. The question still remains whether the band will perform over here in the UK. Speaking about the possibility, the drummer confirmed: "The specifics are still to be worked out, but we’re coming, we’re coming."

Fleetwood Mac are set to release an expanded and deluxe version of their 1977 album 'Rumours' on 28th January.

Source: http://www.stereoboard.com/content/v...#ixzz2ICrcK2og
Old 01-17-2013, 04:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't see them getting Chris to tour at all, but I could definitely see her recording with them. Didn't she say she would do SYW with them but not tour? And she did go on an release her own solo album after that, so I don't think she would be all that against recording some new music.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My guess is the band want Christine's judgement of their new material to hear from an honest voice if it is any good.

And making it public surely is one part testing the waters of how much she would like to maybe in the spotlight again and another part advertising for the tour.

But the best news to me in all of this is Mick still wants to finish that new studio album they started. And for this time, I hope he gets his wish. :-)
Old 01-17-2013, 09:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
And remember Mick already gave an interview a few weeks ago in which he daydreamed aloud about Christine singing on one of Stevie's new songs -- that Stevie hasn't given the band yet. Why would he say that? He was planning something with Christine even a month ago. It may never pan out, but that wasn't random musing on his part.
Here's another quote I know nothing about but don't worry. I believe you. You don't have to stay up all night finding a link to back this up. Anyway this is really great news from Mick. There must be a reason he'd publicly announce Christine's upcoming visit. Christine is coming in person to collect her 5 million dollars from Stevie.

Last edited by vivfox; 01-17-2013 at 09:54 AM..
Old 01-17-2013, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Anyway this is really great news from Mick. There must be a reason he'd publicly announce Christine's upcoming visit.
I think there has to be something in it. I mean, from all accounts we've heard, Chris packed up her stuff and high tailed it back to England in 1998 and has only met with the band perhaps twice since; both times in London. Since 1998 we've heard from Chris & the band about how she hated spending all her time touring, how she had a problem with stage fright & fear of flying after giving up alcohol; but never anything about her not being interested in recording with Fleetwood Mac ever again. If you ask me, Mick is trying to plant a seed for one last Mac album & he wants Chris involved. Of course, there's no telling if the seed will germinate... but at least Chris is flying out. That says a heck of a lot to me. I could be reading way, way too much into it. But why else would Chris fly out to see the boys after all this time? Why not just wait for the band to hit London later this year for a visit. Something's brewing, folks.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I think there has to be something in it. I mean, from all accounts we've heard, Chris packed up her stuff and high tailed it back to England in 1998 and has only met with the band perhaps twice since; both times in London. Since 1998 we've heard from Chris & the band about how she hated spending all her time touring, how she had a problem with stage fright & fear of flying after giving up alcohol; but never anything about her not being interested in recording with Fleetwood Mac ever again. If you ask me, Mick is trying to plant a seed for one last Mac album & he wants Chris involved. Of course, there's no telling if the seed will germinate... but at least Chris is flying out. That says a heck of a lot to me. I could be reading way, way too much into it. But why else would Chris fly out to see the boys after all this time? Why not just wait for the band to hit London later this year for a visit. Something's brewing, folks.
You are starting to get me really excited.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Here's another quote I know nothing about but don't worry. I believe you. You don't have to stay up all night finding a link to back this up. Anyway this is really great news from Mick. There must be a reason he'd publicly announce Christine's upcoming visit. Christine is coming in person to collect her 5 million dollars from Stevie.
But this is not an old interview. It's a recent one. What is happening to you, Viv? You are falling apart before my eyes. Anyway, I now think that Mick planned something during this Hawaiian visit when he made this comment below.

http://www.ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/sh...&postcount=107

Rock Cellar Magazine, December 3, 2012

http://www.rockcellarmagazine.com/20...13-world-tour/
Earlier this year Mick Fleetwood spoke of McVie to VH1 Classic Radio:
Quote:
"She’s done. She’s out of the music business, sadly. But I always leave the door slightly open because there maybe a situation where – hey – she may write a song with Stevie and Stevie will sing it, and she’ll do a little bit of vocalizing on it."
While McVie’s presence on the successful long list of FM songs will be missed, we are all looking forward to the rest of the band, and their new songs…
Old 01-17-2013, 02:48 PM

Quote:
But this is not an old interview. It's a recent one. What is happening to you, Viv? You are falling apart before my eyes. Anyway, I now think that Mick planned something during this Hawaiian visit when he made this comment below.

http://www.ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/sh...&postcount=107

Rock Cellar Magazine, December 3, 2012

http://www.rockcellarmagazine.com/20...13-world-tour/
Earlier this year Mick Fleetwood spoke of McVie to VH1 Classic Radio:

While McVie’s presence on the successful long list of FM songs will be missed, we are all looking forward to the rest of the band, and their new songs…
Michele!! stop it... I'm starting to have panic attacks from happiness...
Old 01-17-2013, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm very excited too and placing a lot of trust in Mick as the great manipulator, but it is our lot as FM fans to be disappointed.

At the very least, Mick please make sure we get pictures of Christine.

Michele
Old 01-17-2013, 03:03 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
I'm very excited too and placing a lot of trust in Mick as the great manipulator, but it is our lot as FM fans to be disappointed.

At the very least, Mick please make sure we get pictures of Christine.

Michele
Someone did an April fool's joke on here many years ago saying that CM re-joined FM and I almost cried.

But I think it's plausible that she might do something (vocals or keyboards) with them. Linsdey did BTM and that was after a huge brawl.

Anything is Possible..................