Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fleetwood Mac with no Christine all its life

Let's imagine Christine never joined Fleetwood Mac. Even since the Kirwan and Bob days, she never was there. Since this is the Rumours forum let's focus on that era. So let's think that just John and Mick finally got alone and Mick found Lindsey and Stevie, and they joined them.

- The White album would have been a success anyway, Rhiannon helped to put them on the radios. Fleetwood Mac did get the record company support for a next album.

- Rumours would have been a great success, bigger than the previous, but not the phenomenom it actually turned to be. No grammy either. Silver Spring would have fitted in the album. Planet of the Universe also included? Can't imagine this album without Songbird!

- Tusk would have been a one disc album. Maybe Sara would have been a larger version.

- Mirage wouldn't have sold the 5 million copies Mick said in his book, and dont think it could have reached N.1

- Same with Tango, the real strongest hits were Christine's so in the imaginary case this album would have been more similar to Say You Will, with an 80's touch. No top ten album and no 8 million copies. It would have been interesting to see what other songs would have been included. I even think Mick couldn't have convinced them to reunite for helping him.

Last edited by Villavic; 12-26-2012 at 07:28 PM..
Old 12-26-2012, 11:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

FM without Christine would not have survived (most likely) past 1973. Mick has said in his book that The band would most likely have folded if she backed out in 1971, when she considered it.

But if it did, and Stevie and Lindsey did join, there may have been success but nowhere near as great as it was. You needed all five for the chemistry work. Nowadays they can go on without Christine because they have already established themselves.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=aleuzzi;1070777]FM without Christine would not have survived (most likely) past 1973. Mick has said in his book that The band would most likely have folded if she backed out in 1971, when she considered it.
[QUOTE]

ITA, I am re-reading this and I love it. Want some other perspectives on the band besides a Carol Ann Harris tell-all.

Oddly enough....IMO FM would have survived w/o SN...to which degree of success, we'll never know. I don't think the same could be said w/o Chris.

Last edited by FierySequences; 12-26-2012 at 11:38 PM.. Reason: fixed the quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Am I the only one falling for these "what if" threads?

Either way, the only ways I would rewrite FM's history would be:

Make Tusk 2 seperate albums with at least 5 singles each.
Lindsey to tour TITN
The Time era actually be the sequeal to BTM featuring SN, BB, RV and CM. (I really did enjoy this line-up)
Chris to make a full length album with Mac in 1997/98 before she retired.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FierySequences View Post
Either way, the only ways I would rewrite FM's history would be:

Make Tusk 2 seperate albums with at least 5 singles each.
Lindsey to tour TITN
The Time era actually be the sequeal to BTM featuring SN, BB, RV and CM. (I really did enjoy this line-up)
Chris to make a full length album with Mac in 1997/98 before she retired.
I would rewrite it to have Lindsey not leave in 1987 or for them to reunite before 1997, maybe after the Clinton performance or maybe they could get back together after he showed up in 1990. Although, if Stevie is still on Klonopin at that time, it would not have worked.

I also would have Christine not leave. If she had to leave, then she would announce that she was going ahead of time and have a "farewell" tour with the band or at least one farewell concert. She would participate on SYW.

Michele
Old 12-27-2012, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think they would have made it very far. And I think it was appealing to Stevie that there was already a female in the band, so stevie may not have even joined if it wasn't for Christine! Oh, the what-ifs!! These are fun..
Old 12-28-2012, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon View Post
I don't think they would have made it very far. And I think it was appealing to Stevie that there was already a female in the band, so stevie may not have even joined if it wasn't for Christine! Oh, the what-ifs!! These are fun..
I don't think Stevie would have had any problem joining an all male band if they wanted her. I think she'd join it like she joined Fritz.

Ironically, I think Lindsey needed females -- and a man with Mick's temperament --to be in a band. I cannot think of all-male bands that would have suited him. He mentioned Creem once, but no way. Michele
Old 01-02-2013, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don`t think that FM would have lasted much longer had Chris not joined full time.

I do think that Chris and John would`ve done an album or 2 together.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:59 PM
Senior Ledgie

i really dont think FM would have made it far w/out her. She keeps the Bluesy part of the band alive which keeps FM's roots going unfortunately she's gone which bums me out but she's having a nice time out of the public eye.