The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-09-2009, 05:32 AM
Registered

Default Lindsey Buckingham ~ New Audio Interview... 9-9-09 from New Zealand Radio...

Here is a link to hear Lindsey's new audio... radio interview from New Zealand radio... Note: this is all radio interviews... none have which are already in New Zealand...

http://easymix.co.nz/WhosOn/Detail.aspx?id=28

Note: the above link only plays the second part of the interview... after you scroll down the page...

To download the entire whole interview, part 1 and part 2... click on the link below:

http://rapidshare.com/files/27746606...Z_09.09.09.mp3

And if that doesn't satisfy your Fleetwood Mac cravings, in early October Tim will interview the man who's drumming has provided the beat for every Fleetwood Mac song from Albatross to Say You Love Me, Go Your Own Way to Little Lies, Dreams to Tusk, Gypsy to Sara - the man himself MICK FLEETWOOD!

Donnie Wayne ~
Old 09-09-2009, 09:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Finally! An interesting new interview with good questions and non formulaic answers! The interviewer seemed to be a true fan, and the interview reflects that! I love that he caught Lindsey off guard and he had to answer off the cuff! I like the fact Lindsey acknowledges that Fleetwood Mac has been more than a bit irregular with the release of their projects, and he hopes to rectify that. I guess we'll see if it happens!
Old 09-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ah, you are killing me because I cannot listen right now.

Don't tell me it's a good interview!

Thanks for posting this.

Michele
Old 09-09-2009, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

yummy. thanks for posting!
Old 09-09-2009, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Ah, you are killing me because I cannot listen right now.

Don't tell me it's a good interview!

Thanks for posting this.

Michele
It's nothing earth shattering, but it sure as hell is better than the Steviebot 5000 interviews that have me banging my head against the wall! I think I'm going to the dark side... I might be transitioning from a Stevie boy to a full on Lindsey fan. I really did enjoy this interview though, very informal, relaxed, and smile inducing .
Old 09-09-2009, 02:18 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I like the fact Lindsey acknowledges that Fleetwood Mac has been more than a bit irregular with the release of their projects, and he hopes to rectify that. I guess we'll see if it happens!
Hmm...! Maybe they'll do a two-fer deal like Buckingham did with UTS & GOS.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
Hmm...! Maybe they'll do a two-fer deal like Buckingham did with UTS & GOS.
Surely, you jest. I think the odds of the world ending in 2012 are higher!
Old 09-09-2009, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok, I was able to listen now.

I always knew that Lindsey felt that way about YMLF, even though I never heard him say it. You can tell by the way he plays it on stage. He gets so into it. You'd think it was his song.

The interviewer made me laugh when he suggested Brown Eyes. Lindsey could have sat there are day and not mentioned Brown Eyes, I think.

Remember when he called the people who hung around Brian Wilson "surf nazis"? I was expecting to hear that phrase again.

Interesting memory about startling Jackson in the bathroom.

I liked that he said that the new producer might play the same role that Ken, Richard and Keith did. That's exactly what they need. In fact, I don't completely understand why Ken or Richard can't come back. Ken is doing interviews now about his work on Colbie's newest album. I don't know how it's being received by the critics.

I understand that FM might want to work with a producer who has some recent credits out there. Yet, I do think it's best that Lindsey's role not be obscured. Controlled, regulated, balanced maybe, but not obscured, which is why Ken, Richard and Keith worked so well.

BTW, listening to the report from the Apple press conference today, think the new Itunes LP software is going to be really good for us. It will feature full album art and liner notes, interviews with the performers. It might generate interest in the album concept again and it will certainly be a great showcase for the Rumours CD/DVD if it ever actually gets here.

Michele
Old 09-09-2009, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I always knew that Lindsey felt that way about YMLF, even though I never heard him say it. You can tell by the way he plays it on stage. He gets so into it. You'd think it was his song.
He mentioned YMLF as a track somewhere or other -- the VH1 documentary on making Rumours or in one of those 1998 guitar player magazines. Also, during one of the old tours, he'd sometimes say something like "Isn't that a helluva song?" afterward. His view of it as a composite of superbly balanced parts makes great sense to me. The engineering on it is craftsmanship that was almost never heard in rock in those days.

I do wish Lindsey had answered the question asked, though. The interviewer wanted to know which songs were Lindsey's favorites, not which tracks or which orchestrations. Lindsey so rarely -- if ever -- discusses the other writers' work in Fleetwood Mac on that level that we missed an opportunity there.

Quote:
I understand that FM might want to work with a producer who has some recent credits out there. Yet, I do think it's best that Lindsey's role not be obscured. Controlled, regulated, balanced maybe, but not obscured, which is why Ken, Richard and Keith worked so well.
I don't think Keith brough anything of genuine value to the table, but Richard & Ken certainly did. The role of producer covers such wide ground in the music world that it's hard to say just what a new Fleetwood Mac producer would actually do: Take a bird's-eye view & steer a big rudder in wide swaths, or examine details microscopically the way Lindsey himself does? I hope a new guy improves the sound field on the next project over the unpleasant distortion of the last one.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 09-09-2009, 05:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post

I do wish Lindsey had answered the question asked, though. The interviewer wanted to know which songs were Lindsey's favorites, not which tracks or which orchestrations. Lindsey so rarely -- if ever -- discusses the other writers' work in Fleetwood Mac on that level that we missed an opportunity there.
I think Lindsey would probably have the same answer to either question. And the answer he gave would be what made those 2 tunes his favorites.

I don't think he's enough of a connoiseur of their music to have a different answer.

When Stevie said Stephanie was her favorite of his, I think it just won by default because she happened to like the title. The only person who could really answer that question sensibly would probably be Chris.

Well, Mick could answer about the 3 songwriters. It would be interesting to hear an answer from John.

I wished he'd answered the question about what his kids are like. I already know their ages, thank you.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 09-09-2009 at 05:39 PM..
Old 09-09-2009, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's really amazing to hear Lindsey talk about the prospect of doing another Fleetwood Mac record. Apparently, this tour is really giving him the ability to take stock in the band, and the momentum to record an album sooner than later.

I think his idea to look outside for a producer is a great one. There are likely hundreds of capable people who would jump at that job. I have to think about it, but let's entertain the thought who would be best suited to do amazing things with Stevie's and Lindsey's songs! It may be a huge, well-established producer/artist, or perhaps an underdog: some independent, unknown unsung talent who deserves a big break. Hopefully, someone who can breath some fresh air of inspiration into Stevie.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 09-09-2009 at 06:27 PM..
Old 09-09-2009, 07:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
The interviewer made me laugh when he suggested Brown Eyes. Lindsey could have sat there are day and not mentioned Brown Eyes, I think.
Yeah, that totally made my ears perk up and made me do the Kathy Griffin-Scooby Do whaaaaat? Not in the bad way at all, I'm a total Brown Eyes groupie . It's just about the LAST song you'd expect an interviewer to drag up... I was incredibly impressed. I think Brown Eyes is probably the most masterfully produced Fleetwood Mac song ever. I just LOVE the whole counter melody Lindsey did with his guitar... sort of a 3 note reverse scale. It's so intricate, yet so simple. So sexy, yet romantic. Completely mystically carnal . Ahh, how I miss Chris .
Old 09-09-2009, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

can't wait to hear the interview.

as for producers, after much more radical thoughts, I'm now convinced that one of these three would be best:

Rhett Davies
Brian Eno
And whoever it is that produced the most recent Chris Isaak album

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Yeah, that totally made my ears perk up and made me do the Kathy Griffin-Scooby Do whaaaaat?
The interviewer obviously knew a thing or two, to make it a very specific, individual piece. I loved when he said a friend in Canada saw the tour and said that Lindsey was still the man, a real demon up there!

He also said something about NGBA sounding good this tour and looking forward to hearing EOTW. I'm thinking he probably is thinking of a past tour on that one, but it did make me wonder if he might have known of a change to the setlist that we aren't aware of yet.

Michele
Old 09-10-2009, 02:25 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
Surely, you jest. I think the odds of the world ending in 2012 are higher!

Hey, one can dream.

The Dance happened after all... remember?