Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-03-2011, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
I whole heartedly agree.....BBB is KILLER!!!!!

You can't go wrong with any of Rick's stuff, particularly CC, BBB or LD!!!
Just my opinion, and no one who knows me on this forum would disagree, if you get any of Rick's solo stuff, and I mean any of it, you will not be disappointed. If you are, then there's something wrong with you!!

I"m really hoping there will be more solo stuff from Rick in the near future and hoping also for more MFBB. That combo is just awesome. I never get tired of that CD, or any of Rick's solo material.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjpdg View Post
Just my opinion, and no one who knows me on this forum would disagree, if you get any of Rick's solo stuff, and I mean any of it, you will not be disappointed. If you are, then there's something wrong with you!!

I"m really hoping there will be more solo stuff from Rick in the near future and hoping also for more MFBB. That combo is just awesome. I never get tired of that CD, or any of Rick's solo material.
For one my friend I can not disagree with you! I've said in an earlier post that I've struggled with BBB but as for the rest of them, they are some of the best albums I own.

I too look forward to a new MFBB album, although I do think they need to go away from the old PG stuff and into new songs and new territory. I really don't see that happening though, in both terms of musical direction and another album. Mick's side projects tend to be erratic and one-off in nature.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

The last time I talked to Rick ~ and this was a few years ago ~ he said he had no plans for any more solo stuff....he was tired of making records that weren't "getting heard", or even released here in the States. He did say new stuff with the MFBB was a possibility, though.

Needless to say, I was bummed!

On a totally different note, anyone else notice how much richer and fuller Rick's voice has gotten? I was listening to KING OF HEARTS the other day, and I couldn't believe it was the same guy!
Old 06-30-2011, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Rick is amazing!!!! I have his solo collection with the exception of "Talk That Talk", "Crazy Cool" and "Lucky Devils". I ordered the rest (except "Pink and Black" which I already had) directly from Rick's website. You can ask him to autograph them, which I did, and he personalized each one differently. The guys is just fantastic! Those autographed CD's are now prized personal possessions.
How did you ask him to autograph the cds? I was just on his site, is it under where you check out or somewhere else?
Old 07-04-2011, 02:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird28 View Post
How did you ask him to autograph the cds? I was just on his site, is it under where you check out or somewhere else?
If I recall, I went to the contact area and sent him an email. He actually responded several times. Basic chit chat type of stuff, nothing of any substance about projects or recording or any of that.

I"ve emailed since then but haven't gotten any responses. Probably a very busy guy I guess. Very personable and down to earth though. Made me an even bigger fan when I got that kind of response. It was "Crazy Cool"!!
Old 07-04-2011, 02:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Watched the "Blue Again" DVD the other day. Damn that is some sweeeeet music those guys were laying down!!!! I just love it!! I think I was bothering my neighbors with how loud I had it up on the TV!!!!

It's just killer!! Those guys are a phenomenal quartet! Rick and Mick - what more needs to be said, right? Lenny Castellanos - awesome bass player, Mark Johnstone - outstanding keyboards and does a killer vocal on "Eyesight To The Blind". They just rocked it so good. I love it!!

I pray we get more from them. There's plenty of talent to warrant a new album, either live or in studio. Rick's got more than enough talent to write material for an album, the players are all known entities and can more than pull off a studio album and supporting tour. The record company is blowing it big time if they don't get another album out of those lads!!