Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2009, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

To be honest, I wouldn't be a fan if Stevie weren't involved. It just wouldn't be Fleetwood Mac. I know that there are a lot of people who prefer previous lineups which were most definitely made up of some of the most talented musicians ever and I have huge respect for them. I've always felt that there is a lot of resentment directed towards the Rumours lineup, particularly Stevie, because a lot of people felt that respect wasn't being paid to the individuals who came before. I think there are some who don't like the fact that she is the face of Fleetwood Mac because they think she is an inferior artist when compared to Peter Green, etc. There is something, though, about the Rumours lineup that works better than anything that came before or since...its why this particular incarnation has survived for so long and has been so successful. I miss Christine...there is definitely a hole there without her. The way her voice combines with Stevie's and Lindseys is gorgeous. There's no other sound like it. Still, I really enjoyed the fact that after she left it forced Stevie and Lindsey to recreate a sound that was closer Buckingham Nicks...I wasn't fortunate enough to have been around during that era, so it was an opportunity for me to see something very similar.

All in all, I can deal with the fact that Christine has left...its sad and I miss the overall sound she brought to it. I would love to have her back.

I can barely deal with FM without Lindsey...Stevie is the only reason the time period after he left holds any interest for me.

BUT, if it had been Stevie who left...I wouldn't get any enjoyment out of it at all. She would leave too great a hole in the band for me. I love her lyrics and her stage presence. I love her voice even though it has changed so much. It also helps that I don't take everything she says as seriously or personally as some do and I'm able to let her sometimes contradictory manner slide...I take her as she is and enjoy what she has to give and to hell with the rest of it.