Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-20-2008, 07:35 PM
Ledgie

Default Christine News!

A friend of mine who lives near Uckfield in lower Sussex sent me the following email this week...

Alan,

Hello across the pond! Hope this finds you well my friend and in a crouching position as you will most certainly be chuffed with the latest concerning our beloved Chrissie.

What I have gathered from numerous and extremely reliable sources is that she has been writing exstensively and indeed plans a new album for 2009.

She has been asked to record for a new Mac album this year but declined sorry to say

I will update you as I hear anything further!

Cheers,

Robert

I pray that this news is true! A new Lindsey and Christine CD along with an upcoming FM album is more excitement than my heart can take!!!

Last edited by AlanC; 07-21-2008 at 01:43 AM..
Old 07-20-2008, 07:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is truly unbelievable, so Chris is going to have another solo album?!?!?!?! And did i understand correctly that she is not going to participate in the Fleetwood Mac album 2009?
Old 07-20-2008, 07:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks soo much for the news by the way!
Old 07-20-2008, 07:53 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sywlindseyfan View Post
This is truly unbelievable, so Chris is going to have another solo album?!?!?!?! And did i understand correctly that she is not going to participate in the Fleetwood Mac album 2009?

That's what he said but I still have alot of questions. A new Christine album would be awesome if she uses a different producer. Her last album was hit and miss with me.

I loved the songs "Friend", "You Are", "Northern Star" and the closing track but the rest were mis-matched IMO.

I love the Mac but am missing her terribly!

Last edited by AlanC; 07-20-2008 at 11:42 PM..
Old 07-20-2008, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You and I together mate, I neeeeeed her to be in Mac.... it's like a drug for me.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

A new album? Does this mean she's fallen in love again?

I hope this is true. the bit about the album I mean. Not that it wouldn't be nice if she'd fallen in love again.... (oh shut up Gail)

Gail

Last edited by Gailh; 07-21-2008 at 05:00 AM..
Old 07-21-2008, 06:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope this is true. I don't want to get my hopes up though if it's not true.

I'd prefer a CM solo album over her on a FM album anyway since I'd get more CM songs on a solo album.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
A new album? Does this mean she's fallen in love again?

I hope this is true. the bit about the album I mean. Not that it wouldn't be nice if she'd fallen in love again.... (oh shut up Gail)

Gail
Gail, I just sent you a private message.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would far, far prefer a new Christine solo record to her participation in a Fleetwood Mac album.

I think the small handful of us who are Chris fanatics (we know who we are!) would agree on this point.

Of course, I'd welcome her participation on a Fleetwood Mac album too, but as one of the other posters said, if she will only do one, not both, I'll take the solo record.

I like 'In the Meantime' a whole lot, even though I would have made some different production choices. Specifically, I would have featured Chris' keyboards more prominently, and in particular I would have had a grand piano accompaniment for "Calumny."

When you think about it, why shouldn't Chris do another solo record? Musicians don't just stop making music. I like to think of her dabbling with creating an occasional song on a piano in her country home in Kent. There is no pressure on her to create anything. She has plenty of money, and obviously doesn't care much about critical acclaim or record sales. It's the perfect scenario for her to make some new music.

Let's hope this is for real.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:03 PM

I think she didn't really like the FM direction anymore.... And that's fine, she can go hew own way... I would love to see her get a little more instrumental and jam more.... plus it saves her voice....
Old 07-21-2008, 09:44 PM
Ledgie

Her voice was still very much up to par on her last solo album and the woman is pushing 70!!!!! Most women lose thier range and vobrato along with a deepening of the vocals as they grow older. Chris still has it!!!!!!!!
Old 07-21-2008, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question

So (if this is true) she is not fully retired. She just doesn't want to leave England and work in the US to record a mac album. Yes maybe if the band agree to record in England, though it wouldn't be fair for their families,,..
Old 07-21-2008, 10:33 PM
Ledgie

Agnetha Falskog , the blonde from ABBA suffers from a panic stricken fear of flying----which hinders her from traveling any longer unless its in her native Sweden.

Her last english album was recorded with her Warner label understanding that she would not tour in promotion of it.

Last edited by AlanC; 07-22-2008 at 04:48 AM..