The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-25-2003, 11:15 AM
Senior Ledgie

this is officially the best concert i've ever been to. the mac seems even more into it on this second leg. (not that the first leg was bad!). i was extremely pleased with the quality of their singing & playing. and the crowd (a full house of course) was great too. god DAMN it, it rocked.

i went with a friend who had never seen the mac before, and who only knows a few hits by them. he said the concert made him want to go and buy every fleetwood mac album.

some girl below me in the audience was evidently in a trance and she was making the craziest gestures, all in slow motion. suspect the marijuana i smelled was hers.
Old 09-25-2003, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by misterbug
this is officially the best concert i've ever been to. the mac seems even more into it on this second leg. (not that the first leg was bad!). i was extremely pleased with the quality of their singing & playing. and the crowd (a full house of course) was great too. god DAMN it, it rocked.

i went with a friend who had never seen the mac before, and who only knows a few hits by them. he said the concert made him want to go and buy every fleetwood mac album.

some girl below me in the audience was evidently in a trance and she was making the craziest gestures, all in slow motion. suspect the marijuana i smelled was hers.
Now I know I wasn't dreaming it; someone was smoking some weed! I could smell it all the way up front. And yes, it was PACKED to capacity! It must've been sold out, I couldn't see an empty seat at all.

Where were your seats, misterbug?

It was the best show I've ever seen in my life and the Mac will have a hard time topping their performances from last night; it was spectacular!

Old 09-25-2003, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

FANTASTIC review! Makes me even more excited for my 2nd leg shows....10 more days until SA!!!

Old 09-25-2003, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up I'm sure...

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
Wow! Excellent review! I hope a recording of this show surfaces soon!

Pip
there will be a professionally recorded version of this show appearring in the near future...

I can't remember the last LARGE scale tour of the US by any group/artist that did not produce an OFFICIAL live recording...Trust me, They are INDEED recording shows for a "possible" future release.

Brian j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."

Last edited by estranged4life; 09-25-2003 at 01:32 PM..
Old 09-25-2003, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
I would have died there on the spot!!!!!
You and me both! I am so in awe of this show and I wasn't even there!!!! Thanks for the review, I cannot believe the "Landslide" incident, I had a feeling it was written about Lindsey, but it could have also been about her dad. Wow, I'm floored. It sounds like Stevie and Lindsey were getting downright intimiate at the show, I'm so jealous!!! "From one wild heart to another"....jeezus how did you not just melt right then and there?
Old 09-25-2003, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by cliffdweller
You and me both! I am so in awe of this show and I wasn't even there!!!! Thanks for the review, I cannot believe the "Landslide" incident, I had a feeling it was written about Lindsey, but it could have also been about her dad. Wow, I'm floored. It sounds like Stevie and Lindsey were getting downright intimiate at the show, I'm so jealous!!! "From one wild heart to another"....jeezus how did you not just melt right then and there?
Someone who sat up on the balcony to the right of the stage said that Kristen was there, standing backstage. My mother said to me "They're acting like they're having an affair!! They're quite cozy!" Then she asked me what woman wouldn't want to get cozy with Lindsey. LOL I really wonder what Kristen thinks of all of this...

And I did melt! I had tears in my eyes. Nothing could have prepared me for Stevie's aura. She just emits warmth and love.

Just wait a while and you'll see everything on PBS; you'll be crying because it was so remarkable.

Old 09-25-2003, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention

And I did melt! I had tears in my eyes. Nothing could have prepared me for Stevie's aura. She just emits warmth and love.
I know. She just looks like there is a light shining onto her nad then out of her off of her face. It is really hard to explain unless you have seen it.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 09-25-2003, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Nice Dissention! Im so happy for you!!!

Im alone now, with my thoughts...
Old 09-25-2003, 02:11 PM
Junior Ledgie

Heart

Wow - reading that was just fantastic. I am so happy that somebody had an experience that was so wonderful. Can you be thrilled for somebody you don't know? I think so! LOL

I hope there's an official release from the tour and I hope its the *whole* show and not something edited down to fit on a single CD. And I know the Boston show will air on PBS, but I am almost certain they'll cut it to death. If so, I hope the entire uncut show makes the rounds. After reading that review, I am dying to see it for myself.
Old 09-25-2003, 02:17 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Now I know I wasn't dreaming it; someone was smoking some weed! I could smell it all the way up front. And yes, it was PACKED to capacity! It must've been sold out, I couldn't see an empty seat at all.

Where were your seats, misterbug?

It was the best show I've ever seen in my life and the Mac will have a hard time topping their performances from last night; it was spectacular!
unfortunately my seats were farther back than i would have liked. a little behind and to the right of the computer/sound crew set up. my friend was on the fence about going to the concert, so in waiting for him to make up his mind, i missed out on good seats. i definitely had my binoculars glued to my eyes the whole time though. i'm jealous of those of you who didn't need binoculars to see LB & SN's faces.

i'm so glad that the show we went to will be broadcast on PBS. that is definitely awesome.
Old 09-25-2003, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by misterbug
unfortunately my seats were farther back than i would have liked. a little behind and to the right of the computer/sound crew set up. my friend was on the fence about going to the concert, so in waiting for him to make up his mind, i missed out on good seats. i definitely had my binoculars glued to my eyes the whole time though. i'm jealous of those of you who didn't need binoculars to see LB & SN's faces.

i'm so glad that the show we went to will be broadcast on PBS. that is definitely awesome.
Yeah, I know what you mean.

Don't feel bad, others were worse off. I talked to a woman who bought tickets off of advancedtickets.com or something for $350 each back in July. They told her they were VIP seats and that she'd find out exactly where they were the day of the concert. She gets the tickets the day of the concert and finds out they're 15 rows away from the stage! I felt so bad for her. She offered me money to swap tix, but I couldn't do that. Not when Stevie is literally two feet in front of my face or when Lindsey is close enough to joke around with me. Just be glad you weren't in the nosebleeds!

Old 09-25-2003, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She just looks like there is a light shining onto her nad
Stevie has nads? Sorry, couldn't resist.

But, I know first-hand what you mean! The woman is absolutely electric! Even off-stage!
Old 09-25-2003, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, that would certainly explain her deep voice...

Old 09-25-2003, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
I know. She just looks like there is a light shining onto her nad then out of her off of her face. It is really hard to explain unless you have seen it.

I have seen the light.
Old 09-25-2003, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What a fantastic review! Thanks a lot & glad you had such a great time! Loved your description of that Landslide moment by the way!