User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1998 View Post
Sorry the pics are so big. I can't resize them here at work. I'll try to get to it tonight at home.

Last Sunday we did a charity dog walk called Mutt Strut to benefit the Indianapolis Humane Society. This was held at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and we walked our dogs around the track. So much fun.

This is Samantha, Myself, and Sara. Samantha has Hollywood, the black Poodle, and Sara has Bloo, the Chihuahua.

And this pic is with one of our radio personalities dog. He was so cool.... The lady with us is the wife and dog owner. They were lots of fun.

Indianapolis motor Speedway!!. I've been to the museum and tour but not the race. The Indy 500 is coming up in a few weeks. Are you going? I've always wanted to go. It's a real spectacle with a crowd of around 300,000
Old 04-30-2008, 01:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWS View Post
Indianapolis motor Speedway!!. I've been to the museum and tour but not the race. The Indy 500 is coming up in a few weeks. Are you going? I've always wanted to go. It's a real spectacle with a crowd of around 300,000
I've been a few times. I'm quite the local. I was raised just about 1/4 mile east of the track. (oh the crazy stories I could tell about the night before the race!) The neighborhood street behind the street I was brought up on had a big 6 foot fence... an attempt to keep us off the IMS grounds. But there was a hole in the fence just big enough for me and friends go slip through, and viola! We were on the Brickyard Championship Golf Course, and just a little further was the 2nd turn. Oh yes, I've been a few times. So, I'm one of those who get mad when a tourist is in front of me doing 20 mph in front of the track to "take it all in".... I've taken it in all my life! Drive the damn speed limit! haha It really is a neat place to be during May with all the activities going on. I won't be going this year, but maybe again one of these days.

If you ever come to Indy to see the race, let me know. I have lots of places you can camp and park.... and party, if you do that sort of thing.

Last edited by sara1998; 04-30-2008 at 01:29 PM..
Old 04-30-2008, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was just at the vet with Bailey (newly groomed and looking debonair) & a woman came up to me & asked me where I got my "Havanese dog." I thought, "What the fous is she talking about?" But I said, "What? I believe Bailey is a mixed breed." This lady insisted that he is NOT a mixed breed but a breed called a Havanese or Havana silk dog. She has one herself & told me that they are very hard to come by & quite expensive. She was very insistent that Bailey was one of these Havana whatevers. I couldn't really argue with her since I have no idea where Bailey came from. He could have been someone's pedigree that ended up in a shelter. I mean, you never know.

I went onto some Havanese Web sites & sure enough there were some dogs who looked just like Bailey! They come in all colors but their features are similar. Help! Is my mutt a Havanese? You guys seem to be canine experts.

Bailey relaxing after his grooming & basking in the glow of newfound ancestral information.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 04-30-2008, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I've been a few times. I'm quite the local. I was raised just about 1/4 mile east of the track. (oh the crazy stories I could tell about the night before the race!) The neighborhood street behind the street I was brought up on had a big 6 foot fence... an attempt to keep us off the IMS grounds. But there was a hole in the fence just big enough for me and friends go slip through, and viola! We were on the Brickyard Championship Golf Course, and just a little further was the 2nd turn. Oh yes, I've been a few times. So, I'm one of those who get mad when a tourist is in front of me doing 20 mph in front of the track to "take it all in".... I've taken it in all my life! Drive the damn speed limit! haha It really is a neat place to be during May with all the activities going on. I won't be going this year, but maybe again one of these days.

If you ever come to Indy to see the race, let me know. I have lots of places you can camp and park.... and party, if you do that sort of thing.
My father would listen to the race on the radio back before it was televised. They use to run it on the real Memorial Day (May 30) and we would BBQ in the yard or at a park and listen to the race. The first race I remember the winner was Mario Andretti in the late 60's.

I've always wanted to go...I've been to the Kentucky Derby several times and that's a spectacle as well.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWS View Post
My father would listen to the race on the radio back before it was televised. They use to run it on the real Memorial Day (May 30) and we would BBQ in the yard or at a park and listen to the race. The first race I remember the winner was Mario Andretti in the late 60's.

I've always wanted to go...I've been to the Kentucky Derby several times and that's a spectacle as well.
Funny, I would sit on the front porch when I was a kid (this was the 80's) and listen to it on the radio, but I heard the real cars in the background! haha! They don't televise it here until later on in the evening. Even if I wasn't at the track, that day always felt special as a child. Everything around us was calm... no one was out and about while the race was running. Mom and dad knew to get their milk-pop-bread prior to race weekend because we were never able to get out of our neighborhood because of massive traffic... but while the race is running, if you've got to go somewhere, that's the time to get out! Even though I'm not living in that neighborhood anymore, race day always feels like a special day to me.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Bailey
havanese or japanese, your pup is precious.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Nice pics of you and the family Maria.

You and Suze should post more here!

David - nice dog but shouldn't you be posting a picture of yourself in this thread?
Old 05-01-2008, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

heres a picture of me on my way to the Spring dance at my school.
Taken at the besties house

Old 05-01-2008, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislit18 View Post

OMG! I'm having a flashback to freshman year in college fall 1988, the big hit single on the radio was 'What I Am' by Edie Brickel and New Bohemians. You look almost exactly like her! Lovely!!
Old 05-01-2008, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew_Matthews View Post
Nice pics of you and the family Maria.

You and Suze should post more here!

David - nice dog but shouldn't you be posting a picture of yourself in this thread?
Aww, thanks stew.
I don't have my pic taken often.
Suze is cute, isn't she??
Old 05-01-2008, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Aww! You look great! I hope you had a great time.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Beautiful! And you look so happy.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

You are gorgeous. How old are you? You look about 20
Old 05-02-2008, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Aww, thanks stew.
I don't have my pic taken often.
Suze is cute, isn't she??
Thx guys
Old 05-04-2008, 06:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
havanese or japanese, your pup is precious.
That's what I was just going to say! Baily is gorgeous.. What a beautiful baby, David!

There is magic all around you everytime you walk in the room.....