User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-04-2004, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I am currently closer than I've ever been to figuring out this BT stuff. This is like the fifth time I've tried. At least it LOOKS like I might be successful in about another 60 hours. If I'm not, just listen for the scream heard round the world.
Just download it - you can figure it out afterwards... If you able to download that's pretty much half the battle won. That's what I did when I first was trying to figure it out. It took me a whole weekend to wrap my brain around all the instructions... and I know it all sounds confusing, but it's really quite simple when you have the right tools and kind of neat frankly. The reason it's slow is there must not be many people seeding the discs... meaning as you are downloading you are uploading at the same time to others... If you cancel the download once you've got what you need... then it takes you out of the download/upload pool that provides others with the sessions. That's why it's important and pretty much a rule that if you download something of this nature, it's common courtesy to upload the same amount for others. Keeps things flowing and more people can take advantage of it.

I just kept using google and searching bit torrent instructions and read as much as possible to get a consensus on what to do...
Old 10-04-2004, 09:27 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Rumours77
Thanks
Have you seen this?? Is it worth the download??
Not yet but I'm really looking forward to it. Anyway it's Fleetwood Mac stuff and in dvd and in Eztorrent, so is definetely worth the download.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

There are other torrent downloads of Fleetwood Mac if anyone is interested at www.suprnova.org It's mainly, or all actually, commercial releases.

Just do a search at the top of the page.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan
Just download it - you can figure it out afterwards... If you able to download that's pretty much half the battle won. That's what I did when I first was trying to figure it out. It took me a whole weekend to wrap my brain around all the instructions... and I know it all sounds confusing, but it's really quite simple when you have the right tools and kind of neat frankly. The reason it's slow is there must not be many people seeding the discs... meaning as you are downloading you are uploading at the same time to others... If you cancel the download once you've got what you need... then it takes you out of the download/upload pool that provides others with the sessions. That's why it's important and pretty much a rule that if you download something of this nature, it's common courtesy to upload the same amount for others. Keeps things flowing and more people can take advantage of it.

I just kept using google and searching bit torrent instructions and read as much as possible to get a consensus on what to do...
So I just finished the ABC download...now I'm seeding it, according to BitTornado. However, I can't seem to find the files. Where are they?
Old 10-04-2004, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Try one of the folders that the bit torrent possibly created underneath that folder.... It's there. It will be called "Lindsey Buckingham - ABC In Concert" exactly like that... a yellow folder.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

You'll need this program to verify the download.

http://home.att.net/~mkw/mkwact.html

Last edited by MacMan; 10-04-2004 at 10:50 PM..
Old 10-04-2004, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Why does this **** have to be so $%^&ing hard to figure out????
Obviously this was not designed for the average computer user.
Old 10-04-2004, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
Why does this **** have to be so $%^&ing hard to figure out????
Obviously this was not designed for the average computer user.
Dude, tell me about it.
Old 10-04-2004, 11:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan
Try one of the folders that the bit torrent possibly created underneath that folder.... It's there. It will be called "Lindsey Buckingham - ABC In Concert" exactly like that... a yellow folder.
Got 'em. Thanks!
Old 10-04-2004, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Okay, now mkwACT won't download onto my computer. Suggestions anyone?
Old 10-05-2004, 12:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Finland, the country where polar bears walk on the streets singing "Silver Girl"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
Simplest solution: get dBPowerAmp converter and install that. Then get the Shorten and FLAC codecs and install those. That way you should have a nice shortcut when you highlight those .shn-files and right-click them.

^ - "a selfindulged, but funny butthead of a Fin" - Shackin'up
Old 10-05-2004, 12:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Finland, the country where polar bears walk on the streets singing "Silver Girl"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodmod
...to my knowledge only the following Fleetwood Mac shows have been posted (please correct me if I am wrong):
Got it almost right; Green Bay 2004 and East Rutherford 1997 (the better source) came from Sharing The Groove and the rest from Easytree.

Some others I remember seeing:
Warehouse, New Orleans 1-30-1970 & 1-31-1970 (single torrent) at Easytree.
Who's The New Girl (without "Get Like You Used To Be") at STG.
Shine Angel (1979-11-6) at STG.
Record Plant 1974 & Passaic 1975 (single torrent) at STG.
Stevie: Weedsport 1986 (FM broadcast) at Easytree.
Peter Green: Wilbert's, Cleveland 8-27-1998 (and a few others) at STG.

Nothing really unusual there, only Nagoya 1977 and perhaps the two post Green pre-BN shows would count as discoveries of sorts. And most have come from people who don't even have any large-scale interest in Fleetwood Mac, I assume.
Quote:
Let's get sharing Fleetwood Mac and related lossless files
Easier said than done Neil. We all know the quality of the trade CD-Rs in this community is not always up to scratch; there's diginoise and other burning mistakes that plague them. That material isn't seed-worthy because some people (not necessarily the most ardent fans) will always be complaining because of the mistakes that weren't in the original recording. I have this great-sounding copy (one of the best audience recordings) from 11-2-1979 Albuquerque lossless, however there's some skipping at the beginning of "I'm So Afraid", so I won't be seeding it; there's gotta be someone with a flawless copy out there.
Now why should one care about that? Simply because the trade communities of other bands do. They attempt to take away any flaws that weren't there originally from the recording before they start seeding. The best way is to find some low-generation tapes and re-digitize those.

Also, stuff that's mp3-sourced but has been burnt to discs just like normal audio files can trick people sometimes. You need to check out for those files in a spectral analyser, there's no way to tell the difference otherwise, especially if the bitrate of those faux-wavs is high.

But yeah, I'll be seeding a little something in the future too, the little that I can offer.

Old 10-05-2004, 07:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
Oh, and you were probably asking for something to verify those files with as well. The quickest one to use for downloaders would be MD5summer. Just choose the correct root folder which contains the .md5-file and then it will verify every file in that folder.

Old 10-05-2004, 09:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Tend to agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by face of glass
Easier said than done Neil. We all know the quality of the trade CD-Rs in this community is not always up to scratch; there's diginoise and other burning mistakes that plague them. That material isn't seed-worthy because some people (not necessarily the most ardent fans) will always be complaining because of the mistakes that weren't in the original recording.

Now why should one care about that? Simply because the trade communities of other bands do. They attempt to take away any flaws that weren't there originally from the recording before they start seeding. The best way is to find some low-generation tapes and re-digitize those.
with ya there...As of late I haven't traded any FM (Or solo related) material lately because it is a pain-in-the-ass having to check for errors/mistakes/etc. because when ya try to pass the music off to those who are not the most 'die-hard' for the FM material they ALWAYS complain why the recordings suck major happy ass when compared to other artists' material.

Some of the best 2003-2004 shows have come from tapers who do not primarily collect FM shows/material/etc., Because they have mastered their art recording other artists and have usually done FM as an afterthought.

I have had trade offers as of late for more audio tapes of past Hard-To-Find (Mainly 1975-1989) FM shows (And related solo material) but have (Thus far) passed on the opportunity because it is too damn time consuming to have to listen through a tape for errors before you burn it to disc so as not to contaminate the trading circles with YET another error filled recording.

Brian j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 10-05-2004, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by face of glass
Oh, and you were probably asking for something to verify those files with as well. The quickest one to use for downloaders would be MD5summer. Just choose the correct root folder which contains the .md5-file and then it will verify every file in that folder.
Thanks Gaius.