Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-23-2008, 10:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy Please say a prayer for me...

because last night I had to endure the worst feeling one can suffer through in their entire lives.

About a week ago my former wife Debbie and myself started talking about a reconciliation, and we started down that road over the weekend when I decided to move back home to be with her. All was happy and things were going great for us, we were happy as we once were years ago and life was to be great...

But last night at about 12am I heard a commotion outside the house (We lived on a "Dead End Street") but didnt think much of it. Theen I heard car door slam....Still thinking nothing of it. I decided to go check out the kitchen window to see who was making that noise outside.

I noticed a Carnegie PD patrol car and a OHP (Oklahoma Highway Patrol) outside and remembered what Debbie had told me just a few days earlier about how the Carnegie PD had someone stopped at the intersection just down the street. So I assumed that they had once again had someone stopped and decided "Eh, No big deal..." and I sat back down at the computer desk to finish a CDR I was working on...

When I heard a knock on the door, and not the type one wants to hear at this time of the night, especially when one had seen patrolmen outside their home. I jumped up to the door and said "Hold on a second" - so I could unlock the door and turn on the porch light.

I was asked by one patrolman to identify myself, Which I did, thinking to myself "Am I going to be arrested?". The officer then asked me if I knew a Debbie Johnson...And I knew exactly where this was going once the officers asked if they could come inside, they had news to tell me that they HATE delivering...

About 10:43pm last night Debbie was driving to work in my 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix when something happened to cause her to leave the road about 2 miles West of the town of Verden...The car rolled and she died at the scene

How could this happen to me? Why did this happen to me? Why did some unknown force decide to flatten my soul EXACTLY to the day 31 years later after my Dad's death on October 22,1977? Why was she taken from me just as we were to re-new our lives? How am I supposed to go forward in this life when the person who knew me best has passed beyond my grasp? WHY? WHY? WHY?

I am at a loss for words...I am sitting in this house alone with only the memories to haunt me.

If you don't see me on the Ledge in the foreseeable future, you will know why. My soul has been damaged beyond repair.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Unhappy

Oh Brian, words cannot express the sorrow I feel for you; and words must seem meaningless right now. To lose the love of your life is so tragically horrible. Though I don't know you personally Honey, I can feel the agony in your words and it saddens me to the core.

Your friends at the Ledge are here to help you in any way they can with much love and caring.

Warming hugs of comfort for you,

Gretch
Old 10-23-2008, 10:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is a tragic turn for you and I am deeply sorry for Debbie and for your loss of her. You are in my prayers my friend and I also pray for the reposal of her soul. In life, she and you conquered so much in terms of her illness only to have it now taken away. Please know you are not alone in this in that you have support here.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 10-23-2008, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks...

I just had to call the wrecker service to give my approval for her personal belongings to be retrieved...

The car hit a culvert, went 115 feet in the air and landed on its top...The person I spoke to said "it was VERY bad"

OHP thinks she may have had a 'medical incident' which led to the crash...An autopsy is pending.

I am numb...I have now lost 2 people who meant so much in my world on the date Oct.22nd...

I could die now...
Old 10-23-2008, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Brian, I have tears in my eyes. I know nothing I can say will change anything or make you feel better... just know my heart goes out to you. I know how much you and Debbie had gone through, and this just breaks my heart, especially since you had just renewed your relationship.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:18 AM
gretchen
This message has been deleted by gretchen.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy

Brian, I am here/there for you day...night...calling you brother.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

omg, brian, my heart is breaking for you~ i am crying as i type this~ you are such a special person, i can't believe this has happened~ i had her as a friend on myspace & she has always been a very kind sweet person~ i wish i knew what to say to make you feel better~ just know that you & debbie are in my heart & prayers & like niki said if you ever need anything, don't hesitate~
bless you my friend~
RIP debbie, you will be missed~
Old 10-23-2008, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm very sorry, Brian. My heart truly goes out to you.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm so sorry.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy I'm still fubar'd

and sad...

Talked to the M.E. (Medical Examiner) and he stated her cause of death was "aphixation due to strangulation of the seatbelt", Had someone seen the wreck or someone discovered her right after the accident and pulled her out, "she would have EASILY survived with only 2 abbrasions on her arms and no other possible injuries". She must have been knocked unconscious...

Wasnt a heartattack nor a stroke...Unknown if an animal ran into her path, (That stretch of highway is known for deer) there was no skidmarks from the brakes which is puzzling the M.E. - He said we may never know what caused the accident.

The car just went straight off the road, hit a culvert went 115 feet in the air - flipped over onto its roof and landed. The seatbelt sufficated her in the upside down position...

I'm ruined...

Please God kill me...

Last edited by estranged4life; 10-23-2008 at 01:30 PM..
Old 10-23-2008, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy

oh brian. I will talk to you again in a little bit. I'm so sorry.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Oh my God Brian, how just utterly awful. I am thinking of you Sweetie. (((BRIAN)))
Old 10-23-2008, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Unhappy

Brian, I sent you a PM too, but wanted to say my heart is hurting for you right now. Your life has been filled with pain and this just adds to it. I am so sorry and my prayers are with you, no doubt. Please know that there are people here who care about you and are around to listen.

There just aren't any words to express my condolences to you. The pain is excruciating, I know. My cousin was killed in a car accident back in 2005. She veered off the road a bit, flipped and hit a tree. She died on the way to the hospital.

You are devastated and I pray that you will find strength.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is so awful, I'm so sorry, you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just want to extend my deepest sympathy to you and hope that god helps you through this awful time. Please take care of yourself and check in every so often so we know how you are doing.
Take care