User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-12-2009, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chain2destiny View Post
Sorry, This is as good as it gets. From page 7 the West Australian Friday 11/12/2009. Stevie looks like she hasn't any make-up on
that is HARDLY an unflattering picture...i like it
Old 12-12-2009, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chain2destiny View Post
Hi ..Here's another concert review from Saturday's West Australian paper about the Concert on Friday night.
Love what the caption says under the photo: 'Sparkling: Singer Stevie Nicks...
Thank you for this. Not too many people realize that Christine co-wrote World Turning.

Michele
Old 12-12-2009, 10:18 PM
Junior Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
If I remember rightly there were two shows for the SYW concert too. We went to the first one, and if I remember rightly we all stood around outside waiting to be let in as "the band weren't happy with the sound".

Probably Lindsey...
Sorry Chris, for not getting back to you, earlier. We went to the Saturday Night Show in 2004, and there wasn't any problems with sound that night. (It was definitely the Saturday, 'cause a group of us went out to the Airport to see FM off on their private plane, to Adelaide).
I know a few people who went to the same night as us, and then about a month later, went to see 'The Eagles' at Subiaco Oval. They are big fans of both bands, but they said that 'FM' concert way better, than the Eagles, especially sound wise.

Oh dear! so sorry to read that you had a interesting night with the wife. mmmmmm

By the way, many thanks for starting this "Perth Concert" thread. stay cool during the summer days. cheers
Old 12-13-2009, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Found Rhiannon from Sat night's show. There's a cute John/Lindsey smiling at each other moment around 2:30. And, am i hearing the ending right? I haven't heard that all tour, or have I just not heard enough Rhiannons?

Old 12-13-2009, 11:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyMac View Post
Well, I was kind of shocked at the photo.
I'm not shocked at all, actually. I think she could've looked a thousand times worse than she does in that photo...
Old 12-14-2009, 03:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amlyn View Post
Found Rhiannon from Sat night's show. There's a cute John/Lindsey smiling at each other moment around 2:30. And, am i hearing the ending right? I haven't heard that all tour, or have I just not heard enough Rhiannons?

HOLY CRAP SHE LOOKS HOT IN THIS VIDEO! She seems to be working the outfit more in the verses too, witch is cool! I LOVE the "and you still cry out for ~ME~ dont leave me...." atta girl Stevie.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

2:30 onwards is hilarious and Stevie's oblivious

loving Lindsey @ 3:18+
she does brush her hair outta her eyes a lot
but ITA with Phoenix...she looks effin HOT in thisssssss

that would be a different ending.... i liiiiiiiike it

Rhiannon is now Stevie...well surprise surprise

Last edited by StreetAngel86; 12-14-2009 at 05:57 AM..
Old 12-14-2009, 11:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

stevie does look really good in this video and i like the rhiannon ending. good stuff!!
lol, i am always brushing my hair out of my eyes as well. sometimes i do it when i am nervous/stresed and other times its just annoying me - ha!
Old 12-14-2009, 03:27 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amlyn View Post

This is so cute cause Lindsey and John behave like they were alone on stage and Stevie herself is completely unaware of what they're doing and concentrates only on the song. It looks like there were two different shows in one picture.
I also love when Mr McVie turns blue at 3.30
And, well, the ending is...simply great.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
2:30 onwards is hilarious and Stevie's oblivious

loving Lindsey @ 3:18+
she does brush her hair outta her eyes a lot
but ITA with Phoenix...she looks effin HOT in thisssssss

that would be a different ending.... i liiiiiiiike it

Rhiannon is now Stevie...well surprise surprise
what's different about the ending? It sounds like the same way she's been ending it for the last 8 years

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 12-14-2009, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
what's different about the ending? It sounds like the same way she's been ending it for the last 8 years
I was wondering the same thing. This is the exact same way she performed it in Connecticut in June.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

wheart & vivfox she's changed the ending uses of "her" to "ME" which she hasn't done for the other Oz shows

has this article/review been posted?
the intro is my fave thing i've read this tour
did Lindsey really say that?

Fleetwood Mac mesmerises

“SOMEONE loves you, Stevie. We all love Stevie.”

And with those words from Fleetwood Mac guitarist Lindsey Buckingham - in response to adoring chants for the supergroup's seductive songstress Stevie Nicks - the 12,000-strong crowd at ME Bank Stadium last Friday night erupted in unanimous delight.

Nicks was clearly everyone's darling, including one-time lover Buckingham, who declared his affection for the mystical frontwoman on numerous occasions, holding her hand and with a warm embrace during the beautiful Sara.

It was a stirring statement from a pair of musical legends who, along with original member Mick Fleetwood on drums/percussion and bassist John McVie, once gain showed how to put fractured relationships behind them to deliver their cross-generational fans an epic journey of lush soundscapes, phenomenal instrumentation and effortless charisma.

The two-and-a-half hour set - spanning 23 songs mainly from their decorated post-1975 back-catalogue - kicked off with Monday Morning from their breakthrough self-titled album of 75, before rocking out with The Chain from their opus, 1977's Rumours.

Two songs in and Nicks - who was rarely without her trademark tambourine - greeted the crowd, urging everyone to 'get this party started', before sinking her still sexy, husky vocals into the ethereal magic of Dreams.

It was then time for Buckingham to endear himself to the punters, acknowledging the Mac's “complex, convoluted past” while declaring that coming together created new possibilities, which paved the way for I Know I'm Not Wrong from the ambitious, quirky double album of 1979, Tusk.

There were anectodal interactions aplenty with Nicks reflecting on her time alongside Buckingham in the Fritz Raybyne Memorial Band in San Francisco in the late 60s, opening for the likes of Janis Joplin in front of 30,000 people and later, Jimi Hendrix before 70,000; “when you open for other bands, this is where you hone your skills”.

She then performed the hauntingly beautiful Gypsy, releasing her inner gypsy with her stage twirls and shortly after backed it up with Rhiannon, but not before one of many costume changes - albeit mainly of her essential accessories: gloves and shawls.

Matching Nicks in crowd favouritism was Buckingham, who mesmerised with his howling vocals and ferocious guitar playing on Tusk.

Followng Nicks' Sara, Buckingham backed up Tusk with the powerful acoustic guitar-driven Big Love, before Nicks and band returned with Landslide, a song dedicated to all of Perth.

It was then Buckingham's turn to shine again with Never Going Back Again, performed like a man possessed in what was among the night's highlights.

Nicks then introduced Storms from Tusk as a “dark stormy song about people having a dark stormy time” - fitting from a band which together has weathered many a storm.

She then donned a gold shawl for Gold Dust Woman before the boys rocked out with early 70s Mac number, Oh Well, defined with Buckingham's aggressive snarl.

Nicks later returned - this time draped in a white lace shawl - to add some '80s glam with the lush, synth-heavy Stand Back from her 1983 solo album The Wild Heart, before donning an all-black ensemble complete with matching top hat for a spirited performance of main set closer, Buckingham's much-loved Go Your Own Way.

The foursome emerged for the first encore in pairs - first Fleetwood and McVie, followed by Nicks and Buckingham holding hands - and launched into a fervent rendition of World Turning, marked by Fleetwood's extended primal drum solo.

The double encore - which also comprised long-time band absentee Christine McVie's Don't Stop - concluded with “our first lady and poet” Nicks leading the band for Silver Springs, her composition that was famously cut from the final release of Rumours.

It was then time to bid farewell, but not before Fleetwood urged the crowd to “be kind to each other in this crazy world”.

They were pertinent parting words from someone who has somehow managed to keep this legendary musical collective united (for the most part) through four decades of emotional highs and lows.

http://inmycommunity.com.au/going-ou...rises/7544086/

Last edited by StreetAngel86; 12-14-2009 at 06:01 PM..
Old 12-14-2009, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
wheart & vivfox she's changed the ending uses of "her" to "ME"

has this article/review been posted?
the intro is my fave thing i've read this tour
did Lindsey really say that?

Fleetwood Mac mesmerises

“SOMEONE loves you, Stevie. We all love Stevie.”

And with those words from Fleetwood Mac guitarist Lindsey Buckingham - in response to adoring chants for the supergroup's seductive songstress Stevie Nicks - the 12,000-strong crowd at ME Bank Stadium last Friday night erupted in unanimous delight.

Nicks was clearly everyone's darling, including one-time lover Buckingham, who declared his affection for the mystical frontwoman on numerous occasions, holding her hand and with a warm embrace during the beautiful Sara.

It was a stirring statement from a pair of musical legends who, along with original member Mick Fleetwood on drums/percussion and bassist John McVie, once gain showed how to put fractured relationships behind them to deliver their cross-generational fans an epic journey of lush soundscapes, phenomenal instrumentation and effortless charisma.

The two-and-a-half hour set - spanning 23 songs mainly from their decorated post-1975 back-catalogue - kicked off with Monday Morning from their breakthrough self-titled album of 75, before rocking out with The Chain from their opus, 1977's Rumours.

Two songs in and Nicks - who was rarely without her trademark tambourine - greeted the crowd, urging everyone to 'get this party started', before sinking her still sexy, husky vocals into the ethereal magic of Dreams.

It was then time for Buckingham to endear himself to the punters, acknowledging the Mac's “complex, convoluted past” while declaring that coming together created new possibilities, which paved the way for I Know I'm Not Wrong from the ambitious, quirky double album of 1979, Tusk.

There were anectodal interactions aplenty with Nicks reflecting on her time alongside Buckingham in the Fritz Raybyne Memorial Band in San Francisco in the late 60s, opening for the likes of Janis Joplin in front of 30,000 people and later, Jimi Hendrix before 70,000; “when you open for other bands, this is where you hone your skills”.

She then performed the hauntingly beautiful Gypsy, releasing her inner gypsy with her stage twirls and shortly after backed it up with Rhiannon, but not before one of many costume changes - albeit mainly of her essential accessories: gloves and shawls.

Matching Nicks in crowd favouritism was Buckingham, who mesmerised with his howling vocals and ferocious guitar playing on Tusk.

Followng Nicks' Sara, Buckingham backed up Tusk with the powerful acoustic guitar-driven Big Love, before Nicks and band returned with Landslide, a song dedicated to all of Perth.

It was then Buckingham's turn to shine again with Never Going Back Again, performed like a man possessed in what was among the night's highlights.

Nicks then introduced Storms from Tusk as a “dark stormy song about people having a dark stormy time” - fitting from a band which together has weathered many a storm.

She then donned a gold shawl for Gold Dust Woman before the boys rocked out with early 70s Mac number, Oh Well, defined with Buckingham's aggressive snarl.

Nicks later returned - this time draped in a white lace shawl - to add some '80s glam with the lush, synth-heavy Stand Back from her 1983 solo album The Wild Heart, before donning an all-black ensemble complete with matching top hat for a spirited performance of main set closer, Buckingham's much-loved Go Your Own Way.

The foursome emerged for the first encore in pairs - first Fleetwood and McVie, followed by Nicks and Buckingham holding hands - and launched into a fervent rendition of World Turning, marked by Fleetwood's extended primal drum solo.

The double encore - which also comprised long-time band absentee Christine McVie's Don't Stop - concluded with “our first lady and poet” Nicks leading the band for Silver Springs, her composition that was famously cut from the final release of Rumours.

It was then time to bid farewell, but not before Fleetwood urged the crowd to “be kind to each other in this crazy world”.

They were pertinent parting words from someone who has somehow managed to keep this legendary musical collective united (for the most part) through four decades of emotional highs and lows.

http://inmycommunity.com.au/going-ou...rises/7544086/

I haven't seen this review before. Very positive and like you love the beginning! Thanks for putting in up.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Kudos to this guy for naming the Fritz band. I might think that Stevie gave the name in her intro and he just took notes on what she said, but I doubt that Stevie remembers the full name of Fritz.

Thanks for posting this review!

Michele
Old 12-14-2009, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
wheart & vivfox she's changed the ending uses of "her" to "ME" which she hasn't done for the other Oz shows
We all love Stevie.
Oh well Rhiannon, dusty words lying under carpets. We all love Stevie.