Old 05-06-2004, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mick Fleetwood's News and Tournotes

From the Mick Fleetwood Newsletter....

Hello Friends of MickFleetwood.Com:

In this newsletter:

*American Tour Starting again in May!

*Rockline Radio Interview links

*Mick’s Projects & Charities (Signature Wine, Cambridge Sound System & Dali/NEA Art)

*Mick’s Journal Entry about Australia . . .

-----------------------------

We wanted to let you know what Mick’s been doing the last couple of months. After finishing up the Australian tour at the beginning of March (read the Australia Journal Entry below), Mick spent a couple of weeks resting up on Maui with his family. By the end of March he was back in Los Angeles rehearsing with Fleetwood Mac, getting ready for another North American tour beginning May 8th. The tour kicks off in Madison, WI, and covers most of the U.S., with one show in Canada on the schedule right now.

----------------------------

On April 7th, Mick was featured on RocklineRadio. The one and a half hour interview aired at different times the following week, through Rockline Affiliates across the United States and Canada. We see that the whole interview plus lots of great audio and video is available at http://burnish.net/audio.php

----------------------------

In his spare time???? Mick’s been supporting some cool ventures.

He has collaborated with the exclusive publisher of "The Final Editions of Salvador Dali," a unique collection of authenticated pencil-signed Salvador Dali limited edition lithographs. A portion of the proceeds goes to support the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA). CLICK HERE to find out more and to view the collection.

Premium Distributors has released a 1998 Cuvee from the Santa Ynez Valley in California. Mick Fleetwood chose Winemaker, Mike Brown to blend 25% Cabernet Franc and 75% Merlot grapes from Westerly Vineyards in Santa Ynez for this distinctive, all-occasion wine. The wine was aged for 30 months in French oak casks and 18 months in the bottle for optimal flavor development and structure. For more information about Mick’s Wine CLICK HERE.

One of Mick’s favorite tech items is his Cambridge SoundWorks Model 12. Mick is such a great fan of this portable sound system that Cambridge SoundWorks agreed to rename it the Cambridge SoundWorks Mick Fleetwood Signature™ Model Twelve Portable Music System. The Model 12 was featured on the Mar. 21st telecast of MSNBC’s Tech Summit. CLICK HERE for product details.

----------------------------------------------

Send a Mick Fleetwood Postcards! Don’t forget Mick’s award winning site (52 worldwide design awards so far!) A really cool way to turn people on to Mick’s site is to send them a virtual postcard! CLICK HERE to choose your postcard.

You can also send friends and family gifts from Mick’s Store, CLICK HERE to view Mick’s shopping cart.
----------------------------------------------

Here are some words from the road, and the recent Australian tour:

Arrived Sydney 14th of February from Maui. Great to be back, Australia is everything and more that I remembered. Returning totally reaffirmed what a magnificent country this is.

Through all my travels I have found the best way to see a city is to just get out there and start walking, and I did a lot of that on this trip. No way to pick a favorite city because all had their unique charm, but I did spend the most time in Sydney and have a particular fondness for it. One of the nicest things was my view of the opera house from my window… a very spectacular site to wake up to.

Some other highlights of the trip were golfing in Melbourne at the beautiful National Resort, which was right on the water and had endless white sand beaches to distract me from my game. I was also very fortunate to visit the William Ricketts Sanctuary just outside of Melbourne. I visited there once almost 20 years ago and was lucky enough to meet him. If you don’t know of him, he is a world famous artist who created works of art amongst what can only be called a small magical forest. His work is a tribute to the Aboriginal people and their culture. Ricketts was a true crusader for the celebration and honor of the indigenous Australian people’s history. All of the pieces were integrated with the trees and the ground so it was as if it were all alive. There are a few sites on the Internet that explain more, please visit them, as I know you will enjoy.

Kind of a funny story, as long as you weren’t there, was a trip that some of the entourage took in Perth. What started out as a fishing trip turned into a boatload of green-faced musicians and crew. They were forced to find refuge in calmer water and no fish were caught.

In a strange coincidence in Adelaide I happened to meet the manager for John Edwards who is the Psychic on the show “Crossing Over”. I like to think all things are possible and so I went with an open mind to see him perform. I was impressed with his charisma. Whatever else you may think of his profession, I found him to be very kind to his guests and realized that he gave many people peace of mind about loved ones they had lost.

All in all it was a fantastic trip… great people, great shows and a lot of fond memories. If you are thinking about a vacation, I would definitely recommend Australia. You will not be disappointed.

Now I am heading back to Maui for a couple of weeks to see my family and then back to California to start rehearsals for the summer tour.

My best always,

Mick

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB
Old 05-06-2004, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliP
From the Mick Fleetwood Newsletter....

Premium Distributors has released a 1998 Cuvee from the Santa Ynez Valley in California. Mick Fleetwood chose Winemaker, Mike Brown to blend 25% Cabernet Franc and 75% Merlot grapes from Westerly Vineyards in Santa Ynez for this distinctive, all-occasion wine. The wine was aged for 30 months in French oak casks and 18 months in the bottle for optimal flavor development and structure.
BWAAAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-06-2004, 07:11 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliP
The tour kicks off in Madison, WI, and covers most of the U.S., with one show in Canada on the schedule right now.
On the schedule right now eh? I wonder if there's any more in the works?
(Hey a boy can dream can't he?)
Old 05-06-2004, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
BWAAAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

My thoughts exactly.

What will Mick do next to bring in a few bucks?

It's reasons like this that this man bothers me so...

http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Old 05-06-2004, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

WHAT AN ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-06-2004, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
BWAAAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

THANK YOU FOR MAKING ME JUMP OUT OF MY SEAT, DAVID!!!!!!!!
Old 05-07-2004, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

so Mick likes to dabble in little entrepreneurial side projects - big deal. So do many people.

But the wine? Yikes! Hopefully it's not as cheesey as the label indicates...

I'm not so sure it's fair to give Mick a hard time for all this stuff. The guy is obviously into doing other things aside from FM. It's his right. It beats the hell out of sitting at home watching soap operas!