User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-13-2017, 08:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Many people seem to be looking for something to hate re buckvie. I find some complaints funny and sad at the same time.
That said - as somebody already called me on it - pot kettle in my case. At the time of SWS I thought SATC is way too light of a song for LB and that one sounds almost heavy compared to other 2 they released.
Sometimes, like you said, people will look for something to hate. There are also people who will love something just because they love the artist so much. More often, I think most people just like or dislike a song or songs simply because of the songs themselves.
Old 05-13-2017, 09:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Many people seem to be looking for something to hate re buckvie. I find some complaints funny and sad at the same time.
That said - as somebody already called me on it - pot kettle in my case. At the time of SWS I thought SATC is way too light of a song for LB and that one sounds almost heavy compared to other 2 they released.
Exactly. Amen!
I have to laugh when I read the posts the songs sound too much like a Lindsey solo album. Isn't the album really almost a Lindsey solo album? The songs sound much more like Fleetwood Mac than many songs on Tango or Tusk.
Just could not help to agree with you. You cannot judge an album by the first single. The better and more creative songs are always in between the radio friendly singles. To hear these 3 songs we have heard in the context of a brand new album is going to be out of this world.
Old 05-13-2017, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That said - as somebody already called me on it - pot kettle in my case. .
Off in e mail land I commented to Skip how sad it was for you that you did not like the first 2 singles. Reminds me of being so disappointed in most of SN's TISL when it came out after such a long wait for new music. As fans we really need to love our artist's new songs, you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
au contraire -- some of us are looking for something to LIKE and even, daggone it, LOVE about this. I find the fact that we haven't gotten anything to fill that bill (yes, my opinion) is what is sad and disappointing. I mean, it's them, and I'll be buying it and I already have seats for the tour.....but......it needs to be better than 24k Gold dreck, and so far.......
I agree with you more than her statement. Most of us really want to Love these songs, IMO also.
Old 05-13-2017, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Off in e mail land I commented to Skip how sad it was for you that you did not like the first 2 singles. Reminds me of being so disappointed in most of SN's TISL when it came out after such a long wait for new music. As fans we really need to love our artist's new songs, you know?

I agree with you more than her statement. Most of us really want to Love these songs, IMO also.
aww that's very sweet of you, although completely unnecessary!

i'll admit that i'm [somewhat] dissaapointed with what we heard so far but cynical realist in me expected this may happen. i did know that these songs he was writing starting in 2012 were "fleetwood mac-y" as he said, and not anything like his solo songs. but this is much much more light pop than fleetwood macy can be. considering these songs started from the same 2012 sessions, i expected them to be more like Sad Angel instead of much lighter than Miss Fantasy. but i'll live!

in fact, before Seeds We Sow came out i was kinda feeling as you describe, in line with your statement "after such a long wait for new music. As fans we really need to love our artist's new songs" - which i actually understand but completely disagree with. before Seeds came out i did feel that he has lost his ability to write a great hook after the 90s and all those fantastic GOS1 songs. early 2000s he was writing some songs with verses that i loved but choruses that i absoilutely hated (musically) and couldn't stand. or boring hooks like Love Runs Deeper, in line but still much better than IMW is. but then Seeds came out, with its truckloads of songs with great and interesting hooks, and after that i'll never anymore worry about his ability to write a great song. he's just using "different sides of his pallette" (for lack of a better expression) in different projects. This is 40 is absolutely different from Seeds stuff, and both of those are completely different from this new music coming out. so i'll be always looking in anticipation for his next music and next steps he does, and there's absolutely no need for me to love everything he throws out!

when and if i don't like Lindsey's new songs, there are plenty of other bands, artists and newly released songs out there that i do love. they don't have to be Lindsey's.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-13-2017, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am happy to have new music. I'm not concerned or disappointed by the quality of the songs themselves. I AM annoyed that Christine doesn't audibly surface on LB's tunes, suggesting that they were finished before her involvement and never returned to again. How hard would it have been to layer in her harmonies? She has a world-class voice and harmonizes very well with Lindsey. Why not exploit that here?
Old 05-14-2017, 01:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Exactly. Amen!
I have to laugh when I read the posts the songs sound too much like a Lindsey solo album. Isn't the album really almost a Lindsey solo album? The songs sound much more like Fleetwood Mac than many songs on Tango or Tusk.
Just could not help to agree with you. You cannot judge an album by the first single. The better and more creative songs are always in between the radio friendly singles. To hear these 3 songs we have heard in the context of a brand new album is going to be out of this world.
I think back to getting the three songs from Under the Skin. For my money, Show You How was the best song on the album. But the other two: CAD and It Was You ... they weren't chosen as singles because they were best.

I wish they had not released any singles. I find it annoying.

Michele
Old 05-14-2017, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This entire thread has been on my mind a lot the past 24 hours. Yes I too was expecting more of a duet album completely forgetting that this is not how these people write their songs. Remembering back to a review when the Tusk album was new and the writer said that the album sounded more like a SN solo album, a CM solo album and a LB solo album than a group album.

Still, I am always hoping when these 2 or 3 people work together they will lay their beautiful harmonies over each other's tracks.
Old 05-15-2017, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I never expected a duets album although thinking about it, it would be hilarious.

I just expected more Christine on Lindsey's songs - a group effort. But you know, this is Lindsey, and he has to do everything himself.
Old 05-15-2017, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I never for one minute assumed that the Buckingham McVie album would contain any "duets".

I also still am finding the following obvious statements very odd:

1) An album by Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks IS called "Fleetwood Mac".

2) A potential album by Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Lindsey Buckingham, and Christine McVie could NOT be called "Fleetwood Mac".

I'm sure this topic has been beat to death, but I'm just sayin'.
Old 05-15-2017, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post

Still, I am always hoping when these 2 or 3 people work together they will lay their beautiful harmonies over each other's tracks.
Right. That is their biggest strength, and I'm so puzzled at how Buckingham McVie doesn't seem to play that up at all.
Old 05-15-2017, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
I never for one minute assumed that the Buckingham McVie album would contain any "duets".
Yes, I wasn't thinking to myself, "Oh wow. This will be like I Got You Babe all over again."

I mean, Stevie, Christine and Lindsey were a trio, but they weren't the Kingston Trio. There were always three lead singers on different tunes on their albums.

Michele