The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-27-2017, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Listen on headphones folks....amazing!!!!!! I'm am more thrilled with this song on each listen. Pure FM and pure Lindsey quirky magic. Blows In my world away in my opinion. The simple guitar then the in your face back and forth harmonies are amazing. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

Last edited by secondhandchain; 04-27-2017 at 02:03 PM..
Old 04-27-2017, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
Yes. And Walter Egan already claimed Magnet/Steel decades ago. He owns that metaphor now.
Yep and he wrote that song about an unrequited love for Stevie so they are picking her pocket as well.

Old 04-27-2017, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

musicians influencing each other. What is the world coming to?
Old 04-27-2017, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What a strange little song. My immediate thought was to liken it to 'Paper Doll'.
This sounds so 1980's.
I kind of like this...but I'm not sure. I don't know quite what to make of it.
I really like the quirky extended ding ding ding ding ding ding ding bits.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-27-2017, 02:10 PM
Ledgie

My first reaction: hmm not so sure, production this and that...

Third listen: but it has some cool things, and the chorus is quite nice...

Now:
THAT'S HOW I FEEL, UH UH,
YOU ARE THE SKY AT NIIIIGHT, BLACK AND WHIIITE... (UH UH)
YOU'RE SO BEAUTIFUUUL...
Old 04-27-2017, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
What a strange little song. My immediate thought was to liken it to 'Paper Doll'.
This sounds so 1980's.
I kind of like this...but I'm not sure. I don't know quite what to make of it.
I really like the quirky extended ding ding ding ding ding ding ding bits.
I'm with you. I don't know what to make of it. I like the song. I don't like the voicing. JKM is right.. it has a sesame street feel to it.. but the melody is amazing. Stand by for 100 more listens.

Now, everyone sit down, I need to say something.. I found myself wanting Stevie on this. Why, I have no idea. But I did.. there I said it.
Old 04-27-2017, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
Now this is more like it. Best Christine song since Everywhere. (Actually it's better than Everywhere.) And for all those who are complaining about its lyrics, how are these any worse than those of Everywhere, Got a Hold on Me, or Over My Head? What were you expecting, a commentary on global warming? It's a typical bouncy Christine love song made memorable by Lindsey's offbeat production ideas. If this sounds like Tango II, well and good!

*bounces*
In my world has been available for 2 weeks and feel about you has been available just today. I've already listened to feel about you more. This song is great. And I immediately thought Everywhere too. But much better then Everywhere. I've never actually liked everywhere at all. But I'm loving this.

I think the thing I love most about this is, and it's not something I even realized was lacking until today. This is what hearing a new Fleetwood Mac song sounds like?! I thought I felt this in 2003, but I now truly understand what many others have said about that album. Tons of great music, and I love say you will and will continue to, and it absolutely IS Fleetwood Mac because Mick and John are there, but not one song has that cohesive feel of all the members of the band being together at once and creating a new song, especially on the vocal front. I us to think half of the harmonies on say you will sounded organic and the other half were way too painfully obvious that stevie was just laying vocals over long done songs(Miranda being my worst offender) But now I see not one song stevie and Lindsey have recorded together this century touch the vocal cohesion of this song. And the significant prescience of PIANO is a VERY needed element in the rumours band fleetwood Mac sound. Rumours era Fleetwood Mac are NOT meant to be a power trio (have to specify era of the band there, others definitely can)

And on the other end, I like this better then anything on in the meantime. And that's weird because there's a lot of great stuff on there. Really not all that different then this new song. But the superior rhythm section and Lindsey's production elevated Christine so much. Lindsey and Chris are such a perfect musical marriage.

Now I'm not anointing this Christine's greatest song of all time. I'm sure there will even be other songs on this new album that are better. But there might not be a song I listen to more just for the uniqueness of this experience. Hearing a newly created truly fleetwood Mac sounding fleetwood Mac song.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 04-27-2017, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I'm with you. I don't know what to make of it. I like the song. I don't like the voicing. JKM is right.. it has a sesame street feel to it.. but the melody is amazing. Stand by for 100 more listens.

Now, everyone sit down, I need to say something.. I found myself wanting Stevie on this. Why, I have no idea. But I did.. there I said it.
That's funny, I was literally thinking of how you kept talking about all your plays of In My World and thinking it sounded a little crazy but now with this song I'm right with you on feeling like I have to force myself to to not hit repeat again and it turns out your not immediately drawn to this one.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 04-27-2017, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
That's funny, I was literally thinking of how you kept talking about all your plays of In My World and thinking it sounded a little crazy but now with this song I'm right with you on feeling like I have to force myself to to not hit repeat again and it turns out your not immediately drawn to this one.
I'm as shocked as you are!! But, I won't lie. lol
Old 04-27-2017, 03:45 PM
Senior Ledgie

I think this is the best single from FM personnel - either solo or in whatever combination - in 30 years.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
And I'm certainly glad you are enjoying it. I'm wondering if Elle will like it.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Listen on headphones folks....amazing!!!!!! I'm am more thrilled with this song on each listen. Pure FM and pure Lindsey quirky magic. Blows In my world away in my opinion. The simple guitar then the in your face back and forth harmonies are amazing. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!
Agree, agree and agree - it's divine played through headphones

Last edited by MoonSister75; 04-27-2017 at 04:02 PM..
Old 04-27-2017, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzo View Post
I think this is the best single from FM personnel - either solo or in whatever combination - in 30 years.

Is it up there with As Long As You Follow, Love Shines, Heart of Stone, Bleed to Love Her, Sad Angel (not even touching on solo) ???

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-27-2017, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Is it up there with As Long As You Follow, Love Shines, Heart of Stone, Bleed to Love Her, Sad Angel (not even touching on solo) ???
not sure about solo, but I'd say it is up there with all those songs - a great catchy pop tune with the old FM magic
Old 04-27-2017, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
not sure about solo, but I'd say it is up there with all those songs - a great catchy pop tune with the old FM magic
I personally like it more than those. I'm very, very pleased with this new song. It has the Mac magic in the groove and the feel is so uplifting.