User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-18-2015, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Are you kidding me? Backup plan? Its obvious that even though he was sick, he tried to make it through the show. It would have been easy to just cancel and move on. The tour is sold out everywhere and they would not even blink to miss one show. You don't replace key members of a band as some "back up plan." If Stevie is sick, should they bring a look alike who sings her songs? Of course not!
Extremely rare for a sub to come on stage to extend the concert by another song. Fleetwood Mac should be commended. I cant think of any band that went to such great lengths to put on a show.
Kudos to the audience for no booos.
I had the stomach flu last week and it is NOT fun.I sat in the chair all night with my head on the table and body doubled over from stomach/intestinal cramps,not to mention terrible chills alternating with hot flashes all night.Mick,if nothing else,is a real trooper.IMO Stevie sounded a little sarcastic like "don't worry.When we come back you'll get one and a half shows,not just the remainder of this one.So don't start bi***ing about it".I can't imagine the chaos that went on backstageReminds me of the story in CarolAnn's book about when Lindsey had a seisure in Philly and she wanted to call an ambulance but Mick said NO.Lind's was expected to go onstage that evening and perform and he did just that.But I know that you can't drum and puke at the same time,just sayin'.....get well soon Mick
Old 01-18-2015, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I guess this situation won't be helping Christine's panic attack issues....
Old 01-18-2015, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeerocks View Post
I guess this situation won't be helping Christine's panic attack issues....
How? I think she seems pretty in control and sensible.
Old 01-18-2015, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Extremely rare for a sub to come on stage to extend the concert by another song. Fleetwood Mac should be commended. I cant think of any band that went to such great lengths to put on a show.
http://www.drummagazine.com/features...r-another-guy/
"One of the weirdest tales in the Moon legend concerns the night Keith passed out onstage, and was replaced by a 19-year old drummer, pulled from the audience."

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-18-2015, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Feel better soon, Mick. We love you.
Old 01-18-2015, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
band pow-wow on what to do caught on video, embedded below. many fans on social media are saying how this shows their insistence on the setlist set-in-stone has come back to haunt them.

if they improvised a bit, replaced a few songs by some they could do without drums or with light drums, people would leave happy that they got something different instead of demanding a refund (although, saying "i only got 2 out of 3 hr show so want a refund" is kinda ridiculous. many bands play that short to begin with). but they could have easily done acoustic Gypsy (didn't SN just do it for something or other?), Bleed To Love Her LB has been doing alone on his last tour with some ad-hoc harmonizing from CM and SN (plus just on Monday LB performed at that Judd Apatow charity show completely alone, without even guitar tech and sound guy so you know he is perfectly capable of whipping out a few songs or accompanying others), Say Goodbye they've been doing whole last year, Don't Stop is easy and i'm sure Christine has a few songs she can do on the spot just accompanying herself, without much drums. if Mick was sick for the last 24 hours, it seems a bit weird that they didn't think through any back-up plan.
Great footage Elle.At 1:20 Lindsey seems pissed at Stevie when they're talking and he throws his hands up and walks away.I bet they had a real nice conversation later.Always drama with them,not planned this time but still...There's no escaping it
Old 01-18-2015, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Great footage Elle.At 1:20 Lindsey seems pissed at Stevie when they're talking and he throws his hands up and walks away.I bet they had a real nice conversation later.Always drama with them,not planned this time but still...There's no escaping it
It seemed to me that Lindsey was just giving one of those, "What else can we do?" gestures, but it is funny watching the hand movements between them. At one point it looks like Stevie was playing an air guitar or something as she was talking. Gesticulation.

Michele
Old 01-18-2015, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy

Oh, I just cringed when I read this thread. Poor Mick & what a trooper. Jeez I hope it is just a little stomach virus & not this bad flu going around. It's been bad in my state. Hope no one else in the band gets it. And did they disinfect the drums before Steve started drumming?

Hope it's really on with the show & Mick gets well soon.

Lee
Old 01-18-2015, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brown View Post
Yes, his drum tech did a great job and Mick would have been proud that the rest of the band did such a great job to carry on with these two songs. While I'm sure many were disappointed, this was quite a gift to the fans given how awful everyone must have felt to see Mick so ill. I hope he has a full and speedy recovery. Perhaps this unfortunate episode will be the much-needed catalyst that will finally unite everyone in the band to record that album sooner than later.

Here's another video from the concert:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbQ5dHysPe0
sorry i just noticed you already posted the link to that vid i later embedded. grateful to whoever recorded that video - great capture of everything happening.
Quote:
Great footage Elle. At 1:20 Lindsey seems pissed at Stevie when they're talking and he throws his hands up and walks away.
don't think so. i think his gesture is just kind of like "ah it is what it is" not anything directed at SN.

those viruses are really nasty. and highly infectious usually. hope the rest of the band stayed away from Mick's bucket and nobody else catches it. but glad it's not something more serious.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-18-2015, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry to hear that Mick fell ill, but I'm glad it was just a stomach virus and nothing more serious.

I thought the way they played out rest of the show was probably the smartest, most sensible thing to do.
Old 01-18-2015, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
sorry i just noticed you already posted the link to that vid i later embedded. grateful to whoever recorded that video - great capture of everything happening.

don't think so. i think his gesture is just kind of like "ah it is what it is" not anything directed at SN.

those viruses are really nasty. and highly infectious usually. hope the rest of the band stayed away from Mick's bucket and nobody else catches it. but glad it's not something more serious.
I don't think we'll have to worry about any of them going near that bucket......
Old 01-18-2015, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Sorry to hear that Mick fell ill, but I'm glad it was just a stomach virus and nothing more serious.

I thought the way they played out rest of the show was probably the smartest, most sensible thing to do.
I agree..

1. They informed the crowd.
2. They played a 2 more numbers.
3. They promised to come back.

Class....
Old 01-18-2015, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
You don't replace key members of a band as some "back up plan."
U2 replaced Bono with Bruce and Chris Martin and Carrie Underwood.

not sure what you think the "backup plan" means in the context we were talking about - you seemed to have reacted really strongly to it.

Last edited by elle; 01-18-2015 at 07:21 PM..
Old 01-18-2015, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
U2 replaced Bono with Bruce and Chris Martin and Carrie Underwood.

not sure what you think the "backup plan" means in the context we were talking about - you seemed to have reacted really strongly to it.
Superstar singers replacing superstar singers. The crowd would have loved Bono or Bruce to step in for Stevie. But this is the drummer Mick Fleetwood. Mick Fleetwood plays behind the beat and I don't think there are many drummers that can just step in and replace him. His drumming style is unique.
Long story short...... YES Mick Fleetwood is irreplaceable
Old 01-18-2015, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But this is the drummer Mick Fleetwood. Mick Fleetwood plays behind the beat and I don't think there are many drummers that can just step in and replace him. His drumming style is unique.
Long story short...... YES Mick Fleetwood is irreplaceable
i'm not sure why you think anybody's arguing Mick should have been replaced?

but since they knew he was sick (they can't be that oblivious that they had no clue?! the man was throwing up in a bucket the whole St Paul show, apparently), they could have thought of at least one more song from each of the songwriters that could have been done without drums, as a backup if something goes wrong. or with light drums that drum tech could do, or with click track or something. it could have been really special, they could have come off looking really really great if they were able to actually improvise some.