User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-10-2018, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison View Post
True, but when a person has had lots of trauma or abuse in their lives they kinda are stunted emotionally. So she doesn't seem to have the skills to work through issues that may come her way. So she just reacts.
Lots of abuse in their lives....I dont buy that, the only abuse shes had is self inflicted...drug abuse
Addicted Ledgie

Your assumption is that it was perfectly reasonable for her to demand that the band choose between her or him

I never made that assumption at all!!!
I was just stating how I can see how Stevie must have felt or come to the decision that she made.
Senior Ledgie

This was an incredibly sad read. I tend to be more of a Stevie fan, but I felt heartbroken for Lindsey after reading his account of what happened. I wish him nothing but the best. His legacy as both a member of Fleetwood Mac and a solo artist is secure no matter what path he follows into the future.

This is in no way a defense of Stevie or her actions, but I think Tom Petty's death really affected her. I think that, as she has noted, she has reached a point, at least in her professional life, where she no longer wants to do things that make her personally unhappy or stressed or uncomfortable. Unfortunately, her first victim was Lindsey. I just wish she would own the role she played in his ousting and not continue to lie and push a narrative that puts the blame on Lindsey ("he wanted us to wait a year to tour!").

If true, her reasons for "never wanting to be on another stage with Lindsey again" were petty and childish, and the band's behavior since his firing is abhorrent. Come on, people! Email the guy back or give him a call and talk it out. Given what he did for all of you, he deserves a conversation, even if it's a final one.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
Lots of abuse in their lives....I dont buy that, the only abuse shes had is self inflicted...drug abuse
Oh man....be prepared. You've really stepped into it now LOL. Hold strong.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
This.

He finally grew up and got a LIFE. She never did. She's still a child. She HATES that he got a real life, and she didn't.
Seriously? He had some kind of an outburst and condescends to her and yet he is mature and she isn’t because isn’t because she was sick of his behavior? Both are immature. He was fired, he has not taken the high road.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison View Post
Still....not the way you handle that situation as an adult. A 70 year old adult.

True, but when a person has had lots of trauma or abuse in their lives they kinda are stunted emotionally. So she doesn't seem to have the skills to work through issues that may come her way. So she just reacts.
Well Stevie isn't a child. She's 70 years old and she's not some poor victim. I'll never understand where the desire to make Stevie into some poor little victim who's been used and mistreated all her life comes from. She's been a powerful, successful woman who dished it out just as good as she got it it. And either way, a lot of people have been through a lot of hard times in their lives and somehow manage to not live in a deluded bubble where they are the center of the universe and every little person who crosses them is an enemy. But Stevie DOES live in that world and she has for decades. And she also knows her own power and she used it out of immaturity and pettiness.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Oh man....be prepared. You've really stepped into it now LOL. Hold strong.
HAHAHA...Im thick skinned ...and plus its absolutely true what I said right?! SN was not abused...sure people may have verbally said bad things to her from time to time but she was always equally as strong to hold her own in an argument.

Last edited by Angel75; 10-10-2018 at 03:49 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 10-10-2018, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Well Stevie isn't a child. She's 70 years old and she's not some poor victim. I'll never understand where the desire to make Stevie into some poor little victim who's been used and mistreated all her life comes from. She's been a powerful, successful woman who dished it out just as good as she got it it. And either way, a lot of people have been through a lot of hard times in their lives and somehow manage to not live in a deluded bubble where they are the center of the universe and every little person who crosses them is an enemy. But Stevie DOES live in that world and she has for decades. And she also knows her own power and she used it out of immaturity and pettiness.
I don’t think she is a poor victim. She has had it up to here with his antics...and now he is gone.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
No. There is no reason to. He’s been an asshole for 40 years and she’s sick of it. She likes the remaining four members (now 6) so why should SHE quit?
How do you know this? Were you there?

And no way she would be the success she is without him. Rhiannon, as written, would never have been a hit single. Thank him for that. Same with Landslide.
Same with all her stuff on Tusk.

Per Jimmy Iovine, when she went to do Bella Donna, she had no sense of what was a good song, what was a good arrangement, because she always let Lindsey decide for her. If he did the heavy lifting, she could partay.

We don't know if she likes the other 4 members, but clearly she can control them by threatening to leave.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
I don’t think she is a poor victim. She has had it up to here with his antics...and now he is gone.
Yeah she used her power out of immaturity and pettiness. Just like she admitted to having done to other people. She herself has talked openly about the ugly decisions she made back in the height of her career and as her drug problems worsened. She admitted to firing people, failing to show up and pissing a lot of people off and blamed it all on the cocaine. And many other people from her bandmates, to her former producers, to even some of her own friends have owned up to how hard Stevie could be to deal with. She's acted like quite an asshole throughout her life, as has Lindsey, and yet in the end it wasn't Lindsey who behaved like a vengeful child to get her pushed out of a band that she's been part of for decades.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
How do you know this? Were you there?

And no way she would be the success she is without him. Rhiannon, as written, would never have been a hit single. Thank him for that. Same with Landslide.
Same with all her stuff on Tusk.

Per Jimmy Iovine, when she went to do Bella Donna, she had no sense of what was a good song, what was a good arrangement, because she always let Lindsey decide for her. If he did the heavy lifting, she could partay.

We don't know if she likes the other 4 members, but clearly she can control them by threatening to leave.
Seriously? So you don’t believe any of the stories about how difficult he is to work with, which I believe he has admitted himself? And I guess you haven’t watched Destiny Rules.

His talents as a producer does not mean she has to put up with him forever. She has sucked up for s long time, continuing to go on the road (which benefited L’s pocket too) though she sat out of recording.

And ultimately whether or not you believe I am right, he is the one who is gone.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah she used her power out of immaturity and pettiness. Just like she admitted to having done to other people. She herself has talked openly about the ugly decisions she made back in the height of her career and as her drug problems worsened. She admitted to firing people, failing to show up and pissing a lot of people off and blamed it all on the cocaine. And many other people from her bandmates, to her former producers, to even some of her own friends have owned up to how hard Stevie could be to deal with. She's acted like quite an asshole throughout her life, as has Lindsey, and yet in the end it wasn't Lindsey who behaved like a vengeful child to get her pushed out of a band that she's been part of for decades.
It’s always something or someone else. Lindsey. Managers. Cocaine. Klonopin. The doctor. Someone’s death. Maybe she’s just simply an asshole who makes one terrible choice after another.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She's acted like quite an asshole throughout her life, as has Lindsey, and yet in the end it wasn't Lindsey who behaved like a vengeful child to get her pushed out of a band that she's been part of for decades.
Oh no question that she is an ass too. She reached her breaking point before he reached his, that is all. My whole point in all of this mess is it is NOT JUST HER. And this article proves he did contribute to his firing even if you want to downplay his actions.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
It’s always something or someone else. Lindsey. Managers. Cocaine. Klonopin. The doctor. Someone’s death. Maybe she’s just simply an asshole who makes one terrible choice after another.
Exactly. I've never thought she was very intelligent, either. She's got charisma, but I don't think her elevator goes to the top floor.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Exactly. I've never thought she was very intelligent, either. She's got charisma, but I don't think her elevator goes to the top floor.
I think it did, in the early days. But then, after the fame hit, there was no need to work that hard, not when you had sycophants all around you telling you your farts were worthy of Da Vinci.