User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-29-2010, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
That *is* crazy, Caitlin. Seems like I have "known" you since you were a kid.
LOL I know right!! Like WHOA lol Teenage years GONE! Now I'm gonna be in my 20's!

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 03-30-2010, 02:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

20 days and 21 hours until.........Shelby Lynne - Tears, Lies and Alibis.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow View Post
So I definitely have four dates set up this week. With four different men. I'm not smooth enough for this. JTIS.
So how were your dates with the two Michael's?
Old 03-31-2010, 12:57 AM
Registered

JTIS that I mangled my finger, so you can now all call me Manglefinger!

See, the cool supervillain-sounding name makes me feel better about the fact that I mangled my finger AND looked like a complete idiot in the process. Watch:

My foster mom has a nephew that I hang out with quite a lot because he's awesome. He's also got this very protective, macho mindset which can be helpful when I am lazy because he will open jars & twist-top beer bottles, get stuff off of high shelves, and punch people in the neck if they smack into me during a concert or look at me funny in the Aldi's, but it can also be frustrating on account of I'm a grown-ass woman and I can do stuff, dammit.

Y'know, when I wanna. Except for the twist-top beer bottles. "Easy-open," my fat ass. I got scars from that ****. I tell people I got them in 'nam, but I totally didn't.

Anyway, he showed up today with a truckload of large sheets of plywood we need for a project and starts to unload. I figure I will be nice and help, so I bounce outside, "Allo! I'ma help."

"No, it's okay. I got it."

"I DO WHAT I WANT." (this is my stock response whenever someone tells me not to do something, fyi)

"I don't need help. They're heavy. You can't carry them."

"I RUN WITH 12 GANGS." (ibid.)

He rolls his eyes and huffs at me, and then just goes about his business. So I wait til he's got his back to me, and then I seize a piece of plywood and follow him up the driveway.

To get to where we need to put the wood, we have to squeeze between the van in the carport and the side of the house. There is not a lot of room, but enough to squeeze through if you are careful. He realizes I am behind him when he sets down his plywood, and turns around, glaring, "You can't carry that! Give me that! You're gonna hurt yourself!"

"Back off, sucka," scoffs me. "It's just plywood, I can freaking handle i-OWWWWWWW. WAHHHHHHHH. OWWWWWWWWWWW."

Yeah. Naturally, at that very moment, I misjudge the space available to me and wham my hand off the sharp metal corner of the air conditioner. BLOOD! SWEARING! PAIN! MANGLEFINGER!

Of course he immediately starts crowing and I can't defend myself against it, because he said I was gonna hurt myself, and lo, I did hurt myself, mangling not only my finger but the plight of feminism everywhere or whatever.

I was able to defend my choice of Band-Aid character, however, because you know who ELSE runs with 12 gangs?

Hello Kitty, that's who. So suck on that.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 03-31-2010, 03:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Why do beautiful women cut their long goldie locks off?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Is the pixie look back in? And yes, I'm talking about you Shelby Lynne!
She's a bit of a two-face.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Why do beautiful women cut their long goldie locks off?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Is the pixie look back in? And yes, I'm talking about you Shelby Lynne!
She's a bit of a two-face.
Bleugh, because long goldie locks are annoying and getting them cut off feels like having 10 tonnes lifted off your shoulders (even if your hair is only thin)

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 03-31-2010, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
Of course he immediately starts crowing and I can't defend myself against it, because he said I was gonna hurt myself, and lo, I did hurt myself, mangling not only my finger but the plight of feminism everywhere or whatever.

I was able to defend my choice of Band-Aid character, however, because you know who ELSE runs with 12 gangs?

Hello Kitty, that's who. So suck on that.
Oh, feminism is all fine and dandy... until some heavy lifting needs to be done! [/misogyny]

Hope you are recovering nicely from your wound. Your wounded EGO, that is!
Old 03-31-2010, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
So how were your dates with the two Michael's?
So one Michael is out. He and I were supposed to meet up for dinner tonight, but Dan Choi (the poster boy for the repeal of Don't Ask, Don't Tell, if anyone doesn't recognize the name) is coming to my school to speak tonight. I told Michael #1 that I wouldn't be able to make dinner, but I invited him to come grab coffee with me and then go to Choi's lecture. His response "Um, yeah, no thanks." Mine, "Funny. That's exactly what I'm going to say if you ever ask me out again."

The rest of the week's schedule is..Friday- Michael #2. Saturday- Jake then Alex. I'm going to hell.

Quote:
[Zombie's Life]
Annie. You kill me. Seriously, I read that story about four times just to brighten my day. I hope your finger and pride both heal quickly
You're so like me
Old 03-31-2010, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
JTIS that I mangled my finger, so you can now all call me Manglefinger!
Manglefinger, your story is cursed!! I read it and pulled a really horrified face at how bad it sounded by your typed reaction. Then my new Christine record arrived and I got so over excited about it that I sliced my thumb open on the cardboard mailer. Can I be your sidekick Slicethumb?

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 03-31-2010, 10:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow View Post
So one Michael is out. He and I were supposed to meet up for dinner tonight, but Dan Choi (the poster boy for the repeal of Don't Ask, Don't Tell, if anyone doesn't recognize the name) is coming to my school to speak tonight. I told Michael #1 that I wouldn't be able to make dinner, but I invited him to come grab coffee with me and then go to Choi's lecture. His response "Um, yeah, no thanks." Mine, "Funny. That's exactly what I'm going to say if you ever ask me out again."

The rest of the week's schedule is..Friday- Michael #2. Saturday- Jake then Alex. I'm going to hell.
Hahahah that's fantastic!
Old 03-31-2010, 11:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My home network got hacked today! I didn't know I was that important... unless it's mum's theses on education the hackers were after. Anyway, mum's hard drive is now suddenly full (with what I don't know), although I got away with a mere interrupted network connection - mum uses WXP, but I use Ubuntu (at the moment - I change my OS regularly, the nerd I am), so I'm basically unscathed. Hopefully this is the final push she needs to get rid of Windows... I'm so sick of the problems that crop up with it, like the faulty CD drive and USB ports recognition (Linux LiveCDs recognise them just fine), let alone viruses.
(Yes, I'm not suppressing my glee. I've been nagging her about switching to Linux for ages now, so I'm kinda happy. Call me a sadistic, told-you-so fan-boy if you will! )
NB. Not necessarily in that order...
Old 03-31-2010, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just spent like 2 hours cleaning my room. While cleaning my room I was playing "Say You Will" =) I'm also gonna be picking up Ashley at like 2:30 so we can hang out cuz I wont be able to see her tomorrow =(

JTIS

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 03-31-2010, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really wan't to get a new computer, but my parents don't agree! I just wan't to get a sledge hammer and break this brick of the 90's!

Seriously! I can't even play the Sims 3 anymore
Old 03-31-2010, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowi View Post
I really wan't to get a new computer, but my parents don't agree! I just wan't to get a sledge hammer and break this brick of the 90's!

Is it possible there's "add-ons" you could buy that would make it possible to play the games you want to and so on? Without having to buy a new computer?
(I have in mind like, stuff you could plug into a "Bus Port" - extra memory, things along those lines.)
Old 03-31-2010, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowi View Post

Oh, Sims... I remember those days. Good times, good times.