Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-24-2014, 04:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Of course they're gonna start touring when I have to go bck to college
Old 01-24-2014, 07:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Recording is excellent news. I hope to see an album by summer. It is really time for new music.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Great news! I wish there was a bit more confirmation of this. But still, great news.

We can count on Christine, Lindsey, and Mick in the room. Not sure whether John or Stevie will be there. But still, this is a very good sign! It suggests that the three of them are going to build the new album up together, as a group effort--as in their heyday.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Although I would be thrilled to have a new collection of songs on my stereo, I'm cringing a bit to think of Stevie dashing in near the end of the sessions. It just doesn't work that well when she's out of the loop. Either all in or all out really at this point, otherwise why bother?
Old 01-24-2014, 09:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
But Stevie doesn't have a reason to be gone this time.
Michele
I'm not sure she needs a reason. I seriously doubt any of the old patterns will be broken. She will pull five or six songs together, send them in, complain that the band is only using three, and then complain about the production when it's all done.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Recording is excellent news. I hope to see an album by summer. It is really time for new music.
With any other band, this could happen. With this band, don't expect anything till the end of the year. I'll bet they will start the tour before the album is released.

On the other hand, if Lindsey doesn't tinker too much, and considering he has a few songs already finished, it could happen. I just worry that the songs he has completed are as unappealing as the stuff on the EP.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Geez. A lot of assuming and negativity going towards SN in this thread. Perhaps we should leave the past to the past and see how it plays out first?

I'm just happy they're doing SOMETHING new, even if it's only a limited EP, rather than just straight touring only.

I hope someone thinks to video the recording process, since this would likely be their last go-around with that.

Jamie
Old 01-24-2014, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockawayBlind View Post
With any other band, this could happen. With this band, don't expect anything till the end of the year. I'll bet they will start the tour before the album is released.

On the other hand, if Lindsey doesn't tinker too much, and considering he has a few songs already finished, it could happen. I just worry that the songs he has completed are as unappealing as the stuff on the EP.
Yes but most songs on this effort will not be Lindsey's, so there is plenty of hope as long as the girls bring good stuff.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I somehow doubt that's the case. Stevie hasn't really been a part of Fleetwood Mac's recording sessions since "Tusk," though I'll give you that's mostly true of John, too.

I think it's the four players starting the session, and Stevie will come in (again) when they're doing the vocal overdubs.
The difference this time—a big enough difference to change old habits and proclivities—is that a long-absent idol of Stevie's will be there, altering the emotional landscape. I think Stevie will hang out wherever Christine is hanging out.

In fact, I'm already wondering when Christine will move back to California. It's possible that, while she has changed her mind about working in music, she hasn't changed her mind about disliking California. But it's also possible that she wants to live where the living are living once again. I see a possibility that two unattached senior women might even consider living in the same (large) abode together.

Maybe this coming album's wonderful musical pairing won't be Lindsey and Chris; it'll be Stevie and Chris!

Another thought: Maybe the slight consternation we heard in Stevie's and Lindsey's comments last year about Christine's return comes down to embarrassment. They'd both been saying we'd see peace in the Middle East before Christine would ever return to the band. And what happens? Christine returns to the band! It probably made them both feel (through no fault of their own) that they had stuck their foot in their mouth. That's how I would have felt, and that's how I would have reacted after all that time.

moviekinks.blogspot.com

Last edited by David; 01-24-2014 at 10:34 AM..
Old 01-24-2014, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Even though they have had quite a few compilations, I wouldn't be surprised if these new recordings add up to 4 songs total and are attached to a new kind of greatest hits project. I might be wrong, but I can't see this band making a whole new record in just a few months.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes but most songs on this effort will not be Lindsey's, so there is plenty of hope as long as the girls bring good stuff.
I admire your optimism, but don't share it. Of all three, at this point Lindsey is the most likely to be creative and push boundaries. But he demonstrated with the EP that isn't what he has planned for a FM album.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe68 View Post
Even though they have had quite a few compilations, I wouldn't be surprised if these new recordings add up to 4 songs total and are attached to a new kind of greatest hits project. I might be wrong, but I can't see this band making a whole new record in just a few months.
Quite possible, maybe a box set type of thing. Which would be a major disappointment.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockawayBlind View Post
I admire your optimism, but don't share it. Of all three, at this point Lindsey is the most likely to be creative and push boundaries. But he demonstrated with the EP that isn't what he has planned for a FM album.
I just hope he gets into boundary-pushing mode with material from Chris and Stevie. The EP is probably more representative of him working practically alone on his own songs.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
Geez. A lot of assuming and negativity going towards SN in this thread. Perhaps we should leave the past to the past and see how it plays out first?

I'm just happy they're doing SOMETHING new, even if it's only a limited EP, rather than just straight touring only.
Quite a bit of negativity in this thread in general. Why keep predicting that new music is going to be awful?

I too am very happy that they are working on any music, as someone else said - its a gift!
Old 01-24-2014, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I just hope he gets into boundary-pushing mode with material from Chris and Stevie. The EP is probably more representative of him working practically alone on his own songs.
no. the EP is representative of him working with Mick and John trying to put together songs that he thinks may make SN happy and woo her back into recording with the Mac mode.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"