User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-17-2018, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I can't find one post where anyone said they're happy Lindsey is out of the band. Please feel free to correct me but I haven't seen any posts where a Stevie fan expressed joy about his absence from the tour.
it's running rampant in many SN groups on facebook.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-17-2018, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
DING, DING, DING, DING, DING!!!!! We have a winner!

I truly believe that ANYONE who is enthusiastic to see this tour - those people are primarily Stevie fans. Actually rejoicing because the old hag is the boss now, and kicked that "mean man" to the curb.

They're already choosing songs to fill the slots Lindsey's songs have left vacant. I think I even read "When I see you again" as one of the options. Whatsamattababy!!!!!

I think the happiness because Lindsey's gone is clouding their vision.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-17-2018, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As someone whose "favorite band member" has been Christine, Lindsey, and Stevie at some point or another, I'm beyond disappointed. Mick's always been greedy, but I used to somewhat find him likeable due to his charm. I still cannot believe he did this. And I'm crushed about Christine. How on Earth did she agree to this, after BuckVie?? I guess her loyalty lies more with Mick than Lindsey (and I think her loyalty is to Mick, not Stevie).
Old 04-17-2018, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
look, we can all remember how you behaved when you first joined. i'm glad that you are polite and constructive discussant these days, but like people didn't forget BuckVie was supposed to be FM album, some of us still remember that you are Stevie-fan first, no matter how much you scream that you so LOVE THEM ALL!

Lindsey and Chris - you know - 2 out of 3 FM songwriters! - played twice right on your doorstep last year. yet both times you found the reason not to see them.

i think you can distinguish right from wrong, and i'm happy for the world we live in that you can. but you are Stevie-first fan and so in this particular case you don't care about the right or wrong. and that's fine. but i don't understand why the need to hide that, tbh.
You're right, I didn't drive 2 1/2 hours or 4 hours to see Lindsey and Christine in concert last year. I also didn't drive 90 minutes to see Stevie in concert, either.

I've never screamed I love them all. I do like the 3 singer/songwriters a lot. It is possible to like all three. Why wouldn't I like Lindsey? Go Your Own Way is THE FM anthem, in my mind. If that FM release had said "Stevie Nicks will not be touring with us in 2018 and we want to welcome Sheryl Crow in her place," I would have the exact same reaction. "Wow, I can't believe they kicked her out, but they must have had a reason. I wonder what Sheryl will sing? Will she record with them?" And it's not that I'm a Sheryl Crow fan, either, but yeah, I would still follow the band to see where this went.

See, I know they're all rich, or at least CM, LB, and SN are, so I'm not sad for or worried about them. They're going to be just fine no matter what. Lindsey no longer touring with FM is a bummer for the fans, but there's no need to be sad for him because he can continue his solo recording and touring, which is great for the fans. Same thing with Stevie, if she had been fired from FM, why would anyone be worried about her? She'd be just fine and could record and tour on her own.
Old 04-17-2018, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
it's running rampant in many SN groups on facebook.
Ah, well see, I'm not a member of any SN groups on Facebook, so I wouldn't know that.
Old 04-18-2018, 05:57 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post

They're already choosing songs to fill the slots Lindsey's songs have left vacant. I think I even read "When I see you again" as one of the options. Whatsamattababy!!!!!

I think the happiness because Lindsey's gone is clouding their vision.
They don't need to replace Lindsey's songs--they could just allow the icon to ramble on endlessly instead about fabric and such
Old 04-18-2018, 07:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
You're right, I didn't drive 2 1/2 hours or 4 hours to see Lindsey and Christine in concert last year. I also didn't drive 90 minutes to see Stevie in concert, either.

I've never screamed I love them all. I do like the 3 singer/songwriters a lot. It is possible to like all three. Why wouldn't I like Lindsey? Go Your Own Way is THE FM anthem, in my mind. If that FM release had said "Stevie Nicks will not be touring with us in 2018 and we want to welcome Sheryl Crow in her place," I would have the exact same reaction. "Wow, I can't believe they kicked her out, but they must have had a reason. I wonder what Sheryl will sing? Will she record with them?" And it's not that I'm a Sheryl Crow fan, either, but yeah, I would still follow the band to see where this went.

See, I know they're all rich, or at least CM, LB, and SN are, so I'm not sad for or worried about them. They're going to be just fine no matter what. Lindsey no E longer touring with FM is a bummer for the fans, but there's no need to be sad for him because he can continue his solo recording and touring, which is great for the fans. Same thing with Stevie, if she had been fired from FM, why would anyone be worried about her? She'd be just fine and could record and tour on her own.

Exactly how I feel, I’m not a Lindsey fan I’m not a Stevie fan, I just love this band.
I have since 1967.
I am sorry Lindsey has gone but like you I’d feel the same if it were Stevie.
Long live Fleetwood Mac in whatever form, the bands bigger than one person
(accept Mick maybe, but then it is his band)
Old 04-18-2018, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
They don't need to replace Lindsey's songs--they could just allow the icon to ramble on endlessly instead about fabric and such
blahblahblahblahblahPrinceblahblahblahblahblhaTomblahblahblahblahblahMIkeblahblahblabhablhChristineb lahblabhMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELBAHBLAHBLAHBL AHBLAHBLAHB
Old 04-18-2018, 08:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
when people express that enthusiasm my initial reactions are grouped as follows:
  1. some people don't distinguish wrong from right.
  2. fans who are enthusiastic are fans of pre- or post-rumours 5 incarnations of the band primarily, and not just the classic 5 version, so i understand their interest, as long as they acknowledge the betrayal.
  3. fans who are enthusiastic are Stevie-first fans and they couldn't care less who else is in the band. some of them might actually be rejoicing since some of them were always griping against Lindsey in the first place, and she finally managed to push him out. they don't care about what's wrong what's right, as long as they don't need to see Lindsey ever again.
Or...any number of a million reasons that have nothing whatsoever to do with any of those three categories. Perhaps some just aren't going to go into a frenzy over a band that has nothing to do with our real lives; no matter how much we might enjoy their product. 99.5% of us will never, ever meet any of these people and the level of hysteria a few are showing is really disturbing. This is a band who has ALWAYS had lineup changes and those unwilling to give the new personnel of the various versions a chance missed out on lots of good music along the way. Calm down people. No band, sports team or celebrity will ever matter one iota in the parts of your life that really matter and the way that people here are at each other's throats over a bunch of pampered millionaires that none of us know is getting out of control.
Old 04-18-2018, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And she doesn't care! For the past few years, half the reviews I read about her say, "just shut up and sing a damned song. Quit telling your damned stories, that no one wants to hear, anyway!"
Old 04-18-2018, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And she doesn't care! For the past few years, half the reviews I read about her say, "just shut up and sing a damned song. Quit telling your damned stories, that no one wants to hear, anyway!"
We live in a society now where I bet 1/2 of us has A.D.D., or at least some form of it. So it wouldn't surprise me that half of the reviews you've read said that. "Shut up and sing - be the dancing monkey I paid you to be! I don't have time to listen to you talk!"
Old 04-18-2018, 11:19 AM
Registered

I don't think it is unreasonable to expect a singer to SING, instead of tell stories. I don't think I have ADD for expecting that
Old 04-18-2018, 11:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think it is unreasonable to expect a singer to SING, instead of tell stories. I don't think I have ADD for expecting that
The stories show how full of herself she has become. She thinks people want to hear her stupid stories. Yes, a FEW Chiffonheads do, but the majority are saying, "shut up and sing!".
Old 04-18-2018, 11:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The stories show how full of herself she has become. She thinks people want to hear her stupid stories. Yes, a FEW Chiffonheads do, but the majority are saying, "shut up and sing!".
The majority? How do you know that?
Old 04-18-2018, 11:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
The majority? How do you know that?
Do you honestly believe people go to a FM concert to listen to Stevie's stories? It's a rock band.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.