The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-12-2010, 05:18 PM
Senior Ledgie

ELO in my opinion were far better than the Beatles. Jeff Lynne wrote much more catchy songs.

Yes I know he was influenced by them.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetwoodmark View Post
ELO in my opinion were far better than the Beatles. Jeff Lynne wrote much more catchy songs.

Yes I know he was influenced by them.
Excellent! Another point of contention for everyone! Especially because I agree! As a side, my favourite ELO song is "Wild West Hero". Anyone here heard of that?
Hell, let's go for gold! I'm listening to "Days of Future Passed" by the Moody Blues at the moment. It is an incredible album! There is a 2008 remaster of it, with additional tracks. Do yourself a favour right now and buy it! (And listen to the album and additional tracks separately, as the album is a "concept album" and markedly different to the other tracks. I made a playlist of each separately on my computer...) I think, in addition to FM, The Moody Blues were more creative than The Beatles in the musical (not songwriting) sense. Although I think The Moody Blues were slightly more evolutionary than FM's revolutionary changes between albums. (Oops! I said I'd reserve all comments against The Beatles creativity until after I listened to their albums! It won't happen again! ) Thus, for me at least, FM > The Moody Blues.
Will this thread now become the one wth the most posts ever? Only time will tell...
NB. Not necessarily in that order...
Old 01-13-2010, 05:52 AM
Senior Ledgie

Yeah Wild West Hero is one of the best, There are so many though !