Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-22-2018, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Fleetwood Mac announce 2019 European shows and Wembley Stadium gig

Return of the Mac...

Fleetwood Mac have announced details of European tour dates for summer 2019 – including a huge stop at London’s iconic Wembley Stadium.

The classic rock veterans are currently touring with a new line-up after guitarist Lindsey Bucking was sacked back in April due to “scheduling conflicts”. The line-up now features Heartbreakers guitarist Mike Campbell and Crowded House frontman Neil Finn, as well as the band’s own Stevie Nicks, Christine McVie, John McVie, and Mick Fleetwood.

After a number of US performances, now the band have dates in Berlin, Dublin and London.

“Fleetwood Mac has always been about an amazing collection of songs that are performed with a unique blend of talents,” said Mick Fleetwood. “We jammed with Mike and Neil and the chemistry really worked and let the band realise that this is the right combination to go forward with in Fleetwood Mac style.

“We know we have something new, yet it’s got the unmistakable Mac sound.”

A full band statement added: “We are thrilled to welcome the musical talents of the caliber of Mike Campbell and Neil Finn into the Mac family. With Mike and Neil, we’ll be performing all the hits that the fans love, plus we’ll be surprising our audiences with some tracks from our historic catalogue of songs,” said the group collectively. “Fleetwood Mac has always been a creative evolution. We look forward to honouring that spirit on this upcoming tour.”

Fleetwood Mac’s upcoming UK and European tour dates are below. Tickets are on sale here from 9am on Friday October6 June 2019: Berlin, Germany – Waldbühne
13 June 2019: Dublin, Ireland – RDS Arena
16 June 2019: London, UK – Wembley Stadium
It was recently revealed that Lindsey Buckingham had begun legal proceedings against the band following his firing.

Buckingham’s manager informed the musician that Fleetwood Mac “would proceed with its upcoming and already organised 2018 to 2019 concert tour without him”, and that “not a single member of the band” had spoken to him directly about the decision.

Buckingham has now decided to sue his former bandmates for “fiduciary duty, breach of oral contract and intentional interference with prospective economic advantage”.

Responding, the band’s spokesperson Kristen Foster has disputed his claims, adding: “Fleetwood Mac looks forward to their day in court.”

Meanwhile, Fleetwood Mac were among the acts rumoured to be headlining Glastonbury 2019 – however organiser Emily Eavis has since insisted that they have not been booked.

Read more at https://www.nme.com/news/music/fleet...HFEXh4L5T8p.99

Last edited by gldstwmn; 10-22-2018 at 01:47 PM..
Old 10-22-2018, 01:52 PM
Senior Ledgie

I've seen the band 9 times in the UK. My first show was in 1990 at the old Wembley Stadium. I saw them 5 times in 2003 then once on each of the following tours. This is the first time I have no interest in watching them.
Old 10-22-2018, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default No thanks

Well, I think they've made my mind up for me. I might just have dragged myself along to the O2 out of some sort of loyalty, but there's no way I'm going to sit in an 80 000 seater stadium for a Buckinghamless Mac with all the distance and alienation that would imply. If they've dropped Hypnotized already it's not going to be back in a country where Bob Welch fans are about as common as unicorns....

Enjoy the money, Mick. Many congratulations on your victory, Stevie. Let me know when you guys record something...
Old 10-22-2018, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I guess this means that ticket sales aren't so bad after all ...
Old 10-22-2018, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Only 3 shows? Will they add more, because that does not make so much sense, why bother for only 3 dates?
Old 10-22-2018, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Ya think?
Old 10-22-2018, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
Only 3 shows? Will they add more, because that does not make so much sense, why bother for only 3 dates?
I'm sure there'll be more.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 10-23-2018 at 01:05 AM..
Old 10-22-2018, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have to say, aside from the whole Lindsey issue, I have no interest at all at seeing Fleetwood Mac play Wembley Stadium, it's too huge and soulless for me. Plus the tickets range from £75 to £155 (before booking fees). That's a huge amount to essentially watch a gig on a big screen. I do wonder if they'll be able to sell it out though, last time they played Wembley Stadium (this was back in 1990 though) they had to discount the tickets hugely before the show (I remember they were going for £10 at one point, can you imagine!)

In some ways I'm relieved though, now I don't have to make a decision whether or not to see them (I'm sure Mick will be crushed of course!)
Old 10-22-2018, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Neil Finn had like thirteen top 40 hits in the UK.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-22-2018, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
??? Instead of more than a dozen UK shows they are now playing one. Rather than 23 European shows they are now playing 3. How does this show good ticket sales? I'm sure there'll be further dates added, but its weird to only be announcing 3 initial dates. For the last few London visits they've played the O2 arena. Its easier for them to add dates to an arena than a stadium.

PS: as others have said. That's definitely my mind made up. Wembley is not a fun venue for music concerts.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood

Last edited by FuzzyPlum; 10-22-2018 at 03:04 PM..
Old 10-22-2018, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Neil Finn had like thirteen top 40 hits in the UK.
That's true but I can go see him in the relatively tiny Hackney Arts Centre (just 750 seats) in January for just £35.
Old 10-22-2018, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
That's true but I can go see him in the relatively tiny Hackney Arts Centre (just 750 seats) in January for just £35.
Hopefully Lindsey plays there, too.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-22-2018, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Hopefully Lindsey plays there, too.
I hope so! I think Neil Finn is playing two nights so I imagine Lindsey could easily do the same here.
Old 10-22-2018, 04:32 PM
Ledgie

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
??? Instead of more than a dozen UK shows they are now playing one. Rather than 23 European shows they are now playing 3. How does this show good ticket sales? I'm sure there'll be further dates added, but its weird to only be announcing 3 initial dates. For the last few London visits they've played the O2 arena. Its easier for them to add dates to an arena than a stadium.

PS: as others have said. That's definitely my mind made up. Wembley is not a fun venue for music concerts.
Fleetwood Mac are not a stadium band. Obviously, they want fewer shows in bigger venues like Wembley, but I would much prefer indoor. Given that they won't be doing two consecutive nights on this tour and the fact that these venues have other big names booked at this busy time of year, I can't see too many new dates being added.In Dublin, for example, they won't play an extra night after the 13th and the night after is not an option as it's too close to Wembley date. Once again, I count myself so fortunate to have seen them THREE times in Dublin in 2015: this year it will be once.....and outdoors at that.
Old 10-22-2018, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just checked the Waldbühne in Berlin. Outdoors in early june? Meh.