User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-22-2007, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: ... in the shadow of this strange, strong love of you

did someone say "obsessed with nails?"

my nails are always manicured and polished. i consider it part of good grooming. plus, i wear seven rings, so there's a lot of focus on my hands. but seriously, i do my own nails - i've only had a manicure once in my life. and yuo know what? i do a better job! i keep my nails short and squared - just to the tips of my fingers. but i am a nail polish junkie. if i'm feeling down? easy - buy some new nail polish! best kind: sally hanson with teflon.

i think i owned a nail bar in a previous life.

"We're rock stars. We are not nice."
Stevie Nicks, the sage mother goddess fierce gypsy bitch we adore.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Day 2

UGH! Ok, so really it's only been like 30 hours, but you get the point. I can NOT STAND IT!

Points into consideration:
Deanna right?? W/ the fam member that had problems??? I hear that. Something in me just said the other night...REMOVE them. I mean I am having no troubles, was just time for a breather. For someone that has their nails done FREQUENTLY, I am anal retentive as to how they are done, and whereas someone is putting the crap on, 90% of how they look thereafter is due to my maintainence. I don't take in my own tools, but that mostly just freaks me out for pedicures..which I love to, but am hands first. haha.

Square nails. Please....ALL about the square nails. Some people it works for, others not. What I have found most, is that the squareness keeps them stronger. If I file round the tend to get bent, or caught easier. Dunno, just a theory. Plus in everyday life, they sorta round themselves out to a nice natural shape. You know typing, doing dishes, etc. My fav way to have my nails is square tip, Chevron French, but that's just me. The stark white is nice for very special occasions. No worse than a stark color, just this one is white. I used to think that any color on my hands screamed FAKE, but after a while you realize it's not the color, it's the length, presentation, age etc. Anyone get what I am saying??? haha

If you are a blessed few that have pretty hands, and great nails, more power to you. My teen and early 20's showed constant breaking, splitting, and my pointer fingernails bend down on one side. WEIRD. When I first started getting my nails done, and I'd go once in a while w/out a fill, let my real nail grow out, all would start off well. They'd grown on their own, strong (after the initial shock of fake crap off) then start to wither again. I envy natural nails. IMO, it's such a feminine trait. Nails in general. It's just so girlie and pretty. If I worked as hard on my ass as I did on my nails, MAYBE I'd be better off. bwahahahah.

Anyway, I'm going to stand firm, and let my nails have a hiatus. Worse case scenario, they just HAVE to be done for Vegas in March. haha

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 01-23-2007, 09:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The hiatus will be very good for your nails although I totally understand the vanity of it. However, my nails are naturally hard so they grow long without much effort. I have to work to keep them shorter. Sorry, I resisted braggin' as long as I could. Both my Mom and Dad have strong nails so it was just in the cards.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarboSpeaks! View Post
Anyway, I'm going to stand firm, and let my nails have a hiatus. Worse case scenario, they just HAVE to be done for Vegas in March. haha
You have to stand firm. It will suck. I remember the first time I had my nails done professionally (for my friend's wedding, her idea, not mine), after I took them off I was horrified by how my nails looked for weeks. But after all the crap came off, and they grew for a few more weeks, it was fine. Probably until Vegas would be just right.

I love nails, as well, been polishing mine apparently since I was one and a half. I've always been very hand obsessed. I keep it realistic, though, my hands are fairly pretty so I keep the nails natural mostly. There is always a cycle after I had polish on them for awhile when they are brittle and chip easily, so then I keep no polish on them for a few weeks so they get nice again.

Sporting the Sally Hansen's no chip nailcolor in Diamond right now.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 01-23-2007, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber View Post
You have to stand firm. It will suck. I remember the first time I had my nails done professionally (for my friend's wedding, her idea, not mine), after I took them off I was horrified by how my nails looked for weeks. But after all the crap came off, and they grew for a few more weeks, it was fine. Probably until Vegas would be just right.
yep. for a gig once I had my nails done and after I took them off, I took 6 months for my nails to get back to "normal"