User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-19-2007, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default About to murder someone.....

Ok so heres the story.

I go to the mall because I need to get packages for trades. I go to the CVS everything is good. I pull out 5 dollars out of my wallet and pay. I get back to my car and start filling out the address, putting the blank DVD's in, and putting 3 dollars inside the CD case for postage for the trader. I drive down to the post office and park in the supermarket parking lot next to the post office. I get in the post office and the line is long. The people in front of me at the post office ALWAYS are idiots. Of course a computer is malfunctioning and theres only one worker there. So i get to the spot where you wait to be called and realize MY WALLET IS GONE. I run back to my car search all around it, around the area etc. So im FREAKING out. I start to speed off to the Mall parkign lot thinking I dropped it there because I opened the door to throw some trash out (sorry I littered, sue me). On the way back I get a call from my mom saying my wallet was just brought back by the police and all but ONE DOLLAR is gone. Guess how much was in there......$250.00. I got paid yesterday and I forgot to put some away, so I put it all in my wallet last night. I mean I'm grateful that someone was nice enough to turn it in and I got my license, gift cards, etc back, but thats a whole weeks pay for me.....Not a good day....oh yah...I never even got to mail the package either.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
I start to speed off to the Mall parkign lot thinking I dropped it there because I opened the door to throw some trash out (sorry I littered, sue me).
I don't know if I'm more shocked at the fact that you littered or that you admitted you littered. Karma

Old 01-19-2007, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

so sorry this happened to you, i hope whoever took the money feels so guilty & has karma happen right back ~
Old 01-19-2007, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerchic View Post
I don't know if I'm more shocked at the fact that you littered or that you admitted you littered. Karma
It was the plastic wrapper to a Propel fitness water. Yeah I know, still doesn't matter. Thanks for making me feel better about all this. Really appreciate it.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
so sorry this happened to you, i hope whoever took the money feels so guilty & has karma happen right back ~
Thanks Jill. I appreciate your kind words. God knows, thats what counts.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I feel bad for you, but you know it could've been so much worse, right? I had my wallet stolen from my purse on my birthday a couple of years ago, and I had to deal with $1400 in GAS STATION charges in Gary, IN on my debit card, filing a police report, monitoring my credit for identity theft, getting a new drivers license (harder when they steal all your ID), getting a new social security card, etc. Plus because it was my birthday, they used up all my gift cards to Target, Joann's, etc. I was able to save a couple that they hadn't gotten to yet by spending hours on the phone with the companies to get the cards cancelled before they were used.

Losing $250 SUCKS, but you really lucked out.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lover, I am so sorry to hear that this happened to you........ I hope that you'll bounce back on your feet quickly and move on.

Take Care Of Yourself
Old 01-19-2007, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I know it doesn't help...but I have lost all the CC and DL and SS cards as well as thousands in cash...consider yourself lucky you don't have to hassle with the card replacements.

I take it you dropped your wallet?
Old 01-19-2007, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley View Post
I feel bad for you, but you know it could've been so much worse, right? I had my wallet stolen from my purse on my birthday a couple of years ago, and I had to deal with $1400 in GAS STATION charges in Gary, IN on my debit card, filing a police report, monitoring my credit for identity theft, getting a new drivers license (harder when they steal all your ID), getting a new social security card, etc. Plus because it was my birthday, they used up all my gift cards to Target, Joann's, etc. I was able to save a couple that they hadn't gotten to yet by spending hours on the phone with the companies to get the cards cancelled before they were used.

Losing $250 SUCKS, but you really lucked out.
Oh I totally agree with you. I had my license, best buy gift card, movie gift card, and my student ID in there. Could have been a lot worse, but there goes a whole weeks pay. Really ****ty feeling.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman408 View Post
Lover, I am so sorry to hear ...
didn't know you guys were so close!
Old 01-19-2007, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
I know it doesn't help...but I have lost all the CC and DL and SS cards as well as thousands in cash...consider yourself lucky you don't have to hassle with the card replacements.

I take it you dropped your wallet?
Yeah, I had a lot in there. It must have fallen out when I went to grab my phone or something. Really don't know. Plus having to come home to a screaming mother doesn't help. Just a really awful day, ya know?
Old 01-19-2007, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Just a really awful day, ya know?
Yes, it very much sounds like it.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
didn't know you guys were so close!
That's EXACTLY what I was thinking.

"Oh snap!"

Old 01-19-2007, 06:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Arghh, that would be a part humiliating and part angry situation to be in! I left my wallet in a department store once and was so relieved it was still exactly as I had left it on a shelf on the way out ten minutes later.

I suppose a person could be saintly and wish the person who took their money well feeling maybe they needed it more? If karma or reaping what you sow actually is in effect then you would get something back. Turning the other cheek is easier said than done! Maybe a true believer would try to track down the thief in order to offer them more money! I'll bet that would make headlines if nothing else...
Old 01-19-2007, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool After reading this story

I am glad I keep my billfold attached on a large chain in my front pocket, because I can be brain-dead sometimes and I misplace items left-and-right (Never happens with music however).