Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Holiday Road

NBC just played Holiday Road as they went to commercial on the Sunday Night Football game!
Old 12-30-2012, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfan View Post
NBC just played Holiday Road as they went to commercial on the Sunday Night Football game!
just saw on twitter! very cool.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-19-2015, 12:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Philebrity by Kevin Powell, 11-18-2015

http://www.philebrity.com/2015/11/18...e-me-with-you/

>>> Matt Pond PA play The Foundry tonight in support of their recent album The State of Gold, another typically superb set of songs from the longtime Philebs favorites. Related: If you haven’t heard their haunting cover of Lindsey Buckingham’s “Holiday Road” for some reason, get on it. You’ll want it for your December playlists.
Old 11-23-2015, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I find it very funny/peculiar how much traction Holiday Road has gotten over the years. It's one of Lindsey's most popular solo songs besides Trouble.
Old 11-28-2015, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Kenny Loggins? I'm insulted]

Vancouver Courier November 25, 2015, POSTED BY Kudos and Kvetches

Lindsey Buckingham “Holiday Road” For years we assumed this song, which first invaded our dreams and waking life after watching National Lampoon’s Vacation movie, was sung by perennial 1980s movie theme hit maker Kenny Loggins. So imagine our surprise when we learned that this catchy little ditty came courtesy of Fleetwood Mac’s Lindsey Buckingham. And then imagine having the addictive chorus of this song bouncing around your brain for two weeks straight, preventing you from conducting meaningful conversations with friends and family, holding down any kind of job that requires concentration, or walking down the street without singing at the top of your lungs “Holiday roa… oaaaaaaa… oaaaaaa…oaaaaa… oaa… oaaaaad, holiday roa… oaaaaaaa… oaaaaaa…oaaaaa… oaaaaad.”

- See more at: http://www.vancourier.com/opinion/bl....bI7GvWpp.dpuf
Old 11-28-2015, 11:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
[Kenny Loggins? I'm insulted]

Vancouver Courier November 25, 2015, POSTED BY Kudos and Kvetches

Lindsey Buckingham “Holiday Road” For years we assumed this song, which first invaded our dreams and waking life after watching National Lampoon’s Vacation movie, was sung by perennial 1980s movie theme hit maker Kenny Loggins. So imagine our surprise when we learned that this catchy little ditty came courtesy of Fleetwood Mac’s Lindsey Buckingham. And then imagine having the addictive chorus of this song bouncing around your brain for two weeks straight, preventing you from conducting meaningful conversations with friends and family, holding down any kind of job that requires concentration, or walking down the street without singing at the top of your lungs “Holiday roa… oaaaaaaa… oaaaaaa…oaaaaa… oaa… oaaaaad, holiday roa… oaaaaaaa… oaaaaaa…oaaaaa… oaaaaad.”

- See more at: http://www.vancourier.com/opinion/bl....bI7GvWpp.dpuf
The similarity between the two singers' vocal range and tone is uncanny. The casual Fleetwood Mac fan might have been excused for thinking Loggins's "Sweet Love" from 1978(9?) was an FM song. So much of what he's doing in that track mirrors Lindsey's vocal attack. Over the years, however, Lindsey's voice got raspier and deeper, whereas Loggins's voice remained an upbeat tenor. That said, "Holiday Road" is not a song i can imagine Loggins singing. It's too quirky, too arch.
Old 11-29-2015, 01:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey does a pretty mean Footloose.
Old 07-23-2016, 01:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Orange County Weekly by Y CHAZ KANGAS July 20, 2016

http://www.ocweekly.com/music/the-gh...istory-7353754

Since its original release back in 1984, no Halloween playlist worth its weight in candy would be complete without its inclusion. Ray Parker Jr.’s “Ghostbusters” is a synth-heavy bit of perfection the world wouldn’t be the same without. Interestingly enough, it almost didn’t exist. The original choice to compose a theme for the film allegedly was Fleetwood Mac guitarist Lindsey Buckingham. Having just created the surprise soundtrack hit “Holiday Road” for National Lampoon’s Vacation, he became very in-demand in the film industry to make another quintessential soundtrack staple. Understandably not wanting to be pigeonholed, he passed.
Old 07-23-2016, 09:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Aleuzzi, when you refer to Sweet Love by Kenny Loggins, did you mean Whenever I Call You Friend? His duet with Stevie was interesting, I like the song and it's so different for her.
Old 12-09-2016, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Broadway World, December 2, 2016, Music News Desk

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwmusi...usic-20161202#

New Songs Added to Holiday Playlist Only on Amazon Music

Some artists were inspired in unusual ways, taking a classic Christmas song and transforming it into a contemporary tune. Tennis first heard a cover of "Holiday Road," before deciding to perform the song, "I'd actually never seen National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation when Patrick and I decided to cover Holiday Road," says Alaina Moore. "I only discovered the song after seeing The Walkmen's awesome live performance of it for an NPR holiday feature a few years back. That inspired us to cover it for fun, at which point we consulted Lindsey Buckingham's original version for the first time. This was my fortuitous gateway to all things Lindsey Buckingham, lending the song even more personal significance. What I'm saying is, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation helped me get into Fleetwood Mac. That's a Christmas miracle."

1. "Sister Winter," Joseph
2. "Baby, It's Cold Outside," Savoir Adore
3. "When Christmas Comes (Boxing Day Version)," Los Campesinos!
4. "Carol of the Bells," The Melvins
5. "Hard Candy Christmas," The Nymphs & Inger Lorre
6. "Christmas (The Way It Was Back Then)," Chris Staples
7. "Azusa," The Album Leaf
8. "Plastic Mistletoe," Glint
9. "Santa, Baby," Red Rosamond
10. "Holiday Road," Tennis
11. "Headphones for the Holidays," Blake Hazard
12. "Silver Bells," Dandy Warhols
13. "Ritmo De Vida," Bostich + Fussible
14. "Snow," Sam Evian
15. "Come on Home (It's Christmas)," PINS