User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-08-2020, 06:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie Twitter: White winged dove

So.Many.Questions!

I love her but every day I am more and more confused by her....

Ok...so i thought the story was.... she was standing in the hallway at the hospital when her uncle johnathan died and that moment is what inspired her to write Edge of 17. I can only assume that she wrote “.....and the days go by like a strand in the wind...” verse at that moment. Now it was the dove that moved her to write Edge of 17?

And now we hear that she was “handed a menu....”

What the heck???? WAS DOVE BEING SERVED ON THE MENU??? I am upset and not taking this well. This is a very fragile time with everything going on and I find out that dove was on an airline menu? And those weren’t even her own words?

Ok..... next.... She has been telling us for years....”and i know what it sounds like when a dove cries...”. And now you are saying that you don’t know what it sounds like? 40 years of screaming that into the mic and you really didn’t know. I am a little disappointed to say the least. I believed you when you said you knew.

Dear god give me strength.

She looks like a sweet little lamb from afar, but when you get close, you find out that she skinned and ate the darn thing just to use it as a coat. She's a beast.

Last edited by reebokandlace; 04-08-2020 at 06:52 AM..
Old 04-08-2020, 10:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

*screen shot*

Most pop music is just fodder for the masses. It's designed to SELL big numbers. While it's great that you got something from it.....maybe you were reading more into it than was actually there?
Old 04-08-2020, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
*screen shot*

Most pop music is just fodder for the masses. It's designed to SELL big numbers. While it's great that you got something from it.....maybe you were reading more into it than was actually there?
But I thought they really loved each other. And all the 20 different things she said a song was about was true!!! You suck Homer!
Old 04-08-2020, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebokandlace View Post
So.Many.Questions!

I love her but every day I am more and more confused by her....

Ok...so i thought the story was.... she was standing in the hallway at the hospital when her uncle johnathan died and that moment is what inspired her to write Edge of 17. I can only assume that she wrote “.....and the days go by like a strand in the wind...” verse at that moment. Now it was the dove that moved her to write Edge of 17?

And now we hear that she was “handed a menu....”

What the heck???? WAS DOVE BEING SERVED ON THE MENU??? I am upset and not taking this well. This is a very fragile time with everything going on and I find out that dove was on an airline menu? And those weren’t even her own words?

Ok..... next.... She has been telling us for years....”and i know what it sounds like when a dove cries...”. And now you are saying that you don’t know what it sounds like? 40 years of screaming that into the mic and you really didn’t know. I am a little disappointed to say the least. I believed you when you said you knew.

Dear god give me strength.
"Well today she says well I changed my mind... that's a woman's right they say..."
Old 04-08-2020, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't get the menu thing either. Did someone write that on the menu? Was it some kind of trivia thing? I think Stevie has always gotten inspiration for her songs from many sources. Edge of Seventeen is one of those songs. The first two lines are about Tom and Jane Petty and when she met him at 17. The bulk of the song is about the death of her Uncle and John Lennon. And who knows what some of the lines are really about.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 04-13-2020, 12:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What’s funny about her uncle is that she was kind of mad at everyone for leaving it all up to her. She’s like, “where are all of the adults? I don’t want him dying on my watch.” I really believe that is why she was running down the hall. I think that is true.
Old 04-19-2020, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default One World at home event

Any one have insight into the planning of the program last night?

I was surprised not to see Stevie & Waddy doing Landslide from her home. Or Stevie doing Has Anyone Ever.

Wonder if Gaga asked Stevie
Old 04-20-2020, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I don't get the menu thing either. Did someone write that on the menu? Was it some kind of trivia thing? I think Stevie has always gotten inspiration for her songs from many sources. Edge of Seventeen is one of those songs. The first two lines are about Tom and Jane Petty and when she met him at 17. The bulk of the song is about the death of her Uncle and John Lennon. And who knows what some of the lines are really about.
It sounds like there was trivia about the dove, which was native to where she was, written on the menu. It’s normal to take inspiration from a variety of sources. I don’t think it’s so outlandish. We already know the title of the song is simply a turn of phrase Stevie misheard and liked, and that her uncle and John Lennon both died around the same time... and she said she thought of John Lennon as a dove representing peace. Then she adds in this fact she just learned about doves as a hook to the song. Makes sense to me.