Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-30-2019, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
It’s a great set, a fun show and probably the last time you will see FM tour. They look and sound like they are having fun. I have never seen Mick drum like he is now——loose, free and joyous—like he just discovered the skins again.
I agree with this. Mick's drumming was a highlight for me. I think the main reason for this is because he was using his blues chops on the older tunes and doing more improv.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 01-30-2019 at 10:17 AM..
Old 01-30-2019, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If they had replaced Mick Fleetwood and John MCVie instead of LB does anyone here think sales would’ve been impacted. Of course not. It’s the Brand that sells the tickets now. 3/4 of attendees are casual fans with cash to spare looking to hear the jukebox.
Old 01-30-2019, 02:14 PM
Senior Ledgie

I’m not surprised. But it’s disappointing to learn that there’s really no repercussions to their selfishness. Stevie wins. She got exactly what she wanted and there’s no reason for her to change.

I’ve been a fan since I was 7 when Tango came out. Obsessed over that cassette, and of course everything else as I got older. Finally saw them live in 2015 and SO GLAD I DID. I’ll never see them again now. I’d feel like a TOTAL HEEL paying so much money to see such a selfish group of a$$holes play their hits (and other bands’ hits) and fatten their pockets without Lindsey. After the way that ***** went down? Never. Sounds like torture to be there amongst so many die hard Stevie worshippers talking smack about Lindsey in the restrooms and merch line, screeching over her tired twirling and tambourine shaking.

HARD PASS.
Old 01-30-2019, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by luminol View Post
I’m not surprised. But it’s disappointing to learn that there’s really no repercussions to their selfishness. Stevie wins. She got exactly what she wanted and there’s no reason for her to change.
Why should she change? She is the draw and the star of this band. She also got in the RRHOF and the Lindsey fans thought she wouldn't. She will continue to win. It's OK if you're not a fan of the current lineup, but for God's sake please stop mentioning this Lindsey bullsh*t. He is a former member now. In the words of LB, "Say Goodbye".
Old 01-30-2019, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Why should she change? She is the draw and the star of this band. She also got in the RRHOF and the Lindsey fans thought she wouldn't. She will continue to win. It's OK if you're not a fan of the current lineup, but for God's sake please stop mentioning this Lindsey bullsh*t. He is a former member now. In the words of LB, "Say Goodbye".
NO NICK! That is NOT going to happen. He was one of the main architects of the current FM sound and a MAJOR part of their success and your queen got him FIRED. We will not forget. GET USED TO IT WE ARE NOT GOING AWAY. Now go put on your Night of a thousand Stevies dress and twirl around.
Old 01-31-2019, 09:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
NO NICK! That is NOT going to happen. He was one of the main architects of the current FM sound and a MAJOR part of their success and your queen got him FIRED. We will not forget. GET USED TO IT WE ARE NOT GOING AWAY. Now go put on your Night of a thousand Stevies dress and twirl around.
Keep crying sissy boy. Pathetic. Oh, and your dad borrowed my dress. LOL
Old 01-31-2019, 12:43 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
So obnoxious to come on this section on the Ledge and say the same **** everyone is saying in the Rumours board. We get it, we get it, we get it. People are unhappy. Saying it a billion times isn’t going to change anything and isn’t going to change anyone’s mind.

I don’t like the new band nor how Lindsey was let go but for god sakes keep it to the zillion threads on Rumours and let people who like it are interested in the new band have some peaceful conversations.

It’s very tired to paint Stevie fans as obsessed. The crazed fans are the Lindsey freaks, spending nearly a year on numerous daily posts, stalking his wife on social media, attacking people here and on twitter (Elle).
Old 01-31-2019, 12:45 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
She is the draw, she is the star, she is loved, she has become a legend without changing her brand (a few exceptions). The Lindsey freaks can’t stand it and are trying to rewrite history saying she isn’t talented or needs a man to be accomplished. Yawn.
Old 01-31-2019, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
So obnoxious to come on this section on the Ledge and say the same **** everyone is saying in the Rumours board. We get it, we get it, we get it. People are unhappy. Saying it a billion times isn’t going to change anything and isn’t going to change anyone’s mind.

I don’t like the new band nor how Lindsey was let go but for god sakes keep it to the zillion threads on Rumours and let people who like it are interested in the new band have some peaceful conversations.

It’s very tired to paint Stevie fans as obsessed. The crazed fans are the Lindsey freaks, spending nearly a year on numerous daily posts, stalking his wife on social media, attacking people here and on twitter (Elle).
HAHA...you negated your entire argument about being obnoxious by writing that last paragraph. Stevie fans aren't obsessed, it's those Lindsey fans who are obsessed. Credibility out the window.

Oh also, if you don't like people expressing opinions you don't like in a public forum, GTF out of the kitchen.

I'm having a belly laugh just thinking about what this place would be like if it were a reverse situation and Stevie was thrown out of the band...

Last edited by BigAl84; 01-31-2019 at 01:22 PM..
Old 01-31-2019, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If that happened Stevie would still have a solo career to fall back on. Lindsey is back to playing small venues. He’s never been as interesting to the general public as a solo artist. It’s like Mick Jagger without The Rolling Stones.

Please don’t assume I dislike Lindsey. I’m an adult and I can handle what’s happened here.
Old 01-31-2019, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My comment wasn't what Stevie would do if she were fired, I questioned how people would react within this forum.
Old 02-01-2019, 12:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post

Ummm you do know I was JUST as much of a SN fan until she became a monster. So your narrative is false.
Old 02-01-2019, 12:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Keep crying sissy boy. Pathetic. Oh, and your dad borrowed my dress. LOL
Nick I have a very big suspicion you are the sissy boy. But thanks.
Old 02-01-2019, 09:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ummm you do know I was JUST as much of a SN fan until she became a monster. So your narrative is false.
I don't ever remember you speaking positively about her since I've been on this Board.
Old 02-01-2019, 09:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, there are folks here who have been around well before 2011.