User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-16-2017, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I love Stevie. I have loved her since the 70s. Barely a day goes by that I don't listen to her music, which I love. I also think for a long time she did indeed get a hard time from Lindsey and I admired her for not saying in the press the reality of what (I believe) happened at times with him.
I'm sure they BOTH had opted to omit many past situations they don't want anybody to know.

Quote:
If we accept that she's not a total pathological liar and actually believe her in some of what she's said recently (not just the Oz interview), she's now in the mindset that it's not worth recording with FM ever again, that she only wants to work with Lindsey when she "has to", she finds FM tours a bit boring and not creatively fulfilling, yet she will still do them because they sell well and make money. Records don't so the strain of making them (with FM/LB) is no longer worth it to her. She's a legend. Hoteliers in Italy need to frame her words because they are so spectacular, etc etc.
She had the choice to make this next tour creatively fulfilling, yet she refused that chance.

LOL at your hoteliers comment!

Quote:
Look, she's pushing 70. She's done it all a million times. She knows what she wants and knows who she is and when you get older you get a bit crankier and more set in your ways. Whatever she says about Lindsey changes depending on what day it is, what their last interaction was, etc etc.
That's why many of us (even Stevie's fans) think she should leave the band and do what she wants at 70. And to be honest, they're all pushing 70, and I don't see them acting in a cranky way.

About Lindsey.... so, this means they're not gonna be lying on each others' beds when the other one dies? Awwww! Stevie lied to me!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.

Last edited by button-lip; 08-16-2017 at 05:46 PM..
Old 08-16-2017, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And don't forget, there's always the 'ignore' feature!
Old 08-16-2017, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Some have said that they're leaving, to never return...

Wait a few weeks, and it's like deja vu.

Lather, rinse, repeat...
Old 08-16-2017, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is exactly what I was talking about. I made an effort and I reached out and tried to make a joke that we finally agreed on something Homer. And this is the response I get. I've said I was going to leave because of the disrespect and the disrespect just continues even when I try to be nice about it. I am not going anywhere. Although the moderators here definitely sure which way their bread is buttered.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As far as I'm concerned, Lindsey, Stevie and Mick are SPOILED BRATS. John and Chris are the only level headed thing about Fleetwood Mac. I've supported this band emotionally and financially for the better part of 40 years. But if Stevie (The High Priestess) and Lindsey (The Tortured Genius) can't manage to come to a compromise regarding a studio recording schedule, they are venturing dangerously close to no one giving a damn.

Seriously? Stevie Nicks can't be bothered to get out of bed before 3PM to get her a** into the studio? She would only need to "adjust her schedule" for about 8 weeks to lay down some vocals on songs that have already been arranged. How does Christine put up with these two?

Lindsey and Stevie--most working Americans can hardly relate to your woes! Get the f**k over it, stop being a wuss, and get to work like the rest of us. We're supposed to spend our hard earned dollars on your childish whims. I think not. Grow up!
Old 08-16-2017, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
\ And to be honest, they're all pushing 70, and I don't see them acting in a cranky way.

About Lindsey.... so, this means they're not gonna be lying on each others' beds when the other one dies? Awwww! Stevie lied to me!
Some are actually OVER 70

Her quote was actually that when one of them dies the other will be sitting on a bed alone.

Which given everyone's age....... I hate to say this, but will we still have all 5 of them in 10 years' time?? The youngest among them will be turning 80 then, and others in their mid 80s

And god help us if he goes first....you think she talks and talks about him NOW...... She will be the grieving widow....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
I've supported this band emotionally and financially for the better part of 40 years. But if Stevie (The High Priestess) and Lindsey (The Tortured Genius)
Me too!
Old 08-16-2017, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Some are actually OVER 70

Her quote was actually that when one of them dies the other will be sitting on a bed alone.

Which given everyone's age....... I hate to say this, but will we still have all 5 of them in 10 years' time?? The youngest among them will be turning 80 then, and others in their mid 80s

Oh, I'm sure we will never hear the end of it when one of them dies, any of them. She will talk about all the things they should have done while they were all alive, when in fact she's the one preventing them.

Quote:
And god help us if he goes first....you think she talks and talks about him NOW...... She will be the grieving widow....
I know! All of a sudden she will start talking about San Jose and how "they have family there" and The Velvet Underground and how "she loved him for the right reasons", and blah, blah, blah....
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 08-16-2017, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
As far as I'm concerned, Lindsey, Stevie and Mick are SPOILED BRATS. John and Chris are the only level headed thing about Fleetwood Mac. I've supported this band emotionally and financially for the better part of 40 years. But if Stevie (The High Priestess) and Lindsey (The Tortured Genius) can't manage to come to a compromise regarding a studio recording schedule, they are venturing dangerously close to no one giving a damn.

Seriously? Stevie Nicks can't be bothered to get out of bed before 3PM to get her a** into the studio? She would only need to "adjust her schedule" for about 8 weeks to lay down some vocals on songs that have already been arranged. How does Christine put up with these two?

Lindsey and Stevie--most working Americans can hardly relate to your woes! Get the f**k over it, stop being a wuss, and get to work like the rest of us. We're supposed to spend our hard earned dollars on your childish whims. I think not. Grow up!
Maybe that's why Lindsey FINALLY, FINALLY gave up on Stevie and concentrated his efforts on Christine. Because the Queen can't get up before 3 p.m.

I think Lindsey did a pretty good work this year. He released an album with Christine and they are still touring. They gave us new material to enjoy, something that I'll be forever grateful for.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Maybe that's why Lindsey FINALLY, FINALLY gave up on Stevie and concentrated his efforts on Christine. Because the Queen can't get up before 3 p.m.

I think Lindsey did a pretty good work this year. He released an album with Christine and they are still touring. They gave us new material to enjoy, something that I'll be forever grateful for.
That's exactly right. We got new music and everyone woke up and went to work.
Old 08-16-2017, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
This is exactly what I was talking about. I made an effort and I reached out and tried to make a joke that we finally agreed on something Homer. And this is the response I get. I've said I was going to leave because of the disrespect and the disrespect just continues even when I try to be nice about it. I am not going anywhere. Although the moderators here definitely sure which way their bread is buttered.
I think the (your) problem is that you get... SO EXTREMELY UPSET, that it's difficult to state any opinion that we know you're going to disagree with, because you get so worked up, and go stomping off.

You're most welcome to state any opinion on the band that you like. I might not personally like it, or agree with it, but WHO CARES? Your opinion is YOURS, and I'm glad you're not afraid to give it. But if I don't like it, I don't go stomping off... because it really doesn't matter to me (no offense that it doesn't matter).
Old 08-16-2017, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24karatstevie View Post
The constant bickering from both sides of this website is ridiculous.
No s**t! Is this place even moderated anymore? Embarrassing.
Old 08-16-2017, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
No s**t! Is this place even moderated anymore? Embarrassing.
I don't see anything different than usual, there was one or the other member bashing here for decade. No reason to get worked up about it, and yet some people do and start slinging mud on all people here. This topic would be long done if mainly a single person didn't decide to come on here and insist that his and only his opinion is the right one.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-17-2017, 12:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
[B]

When Nicks was struggling with addiction, she recalls Prince coming to visit her with little care packages.

"There would be cough medicine for my throat, but he would only let me have a spoonful. I'd be like, 'Chill out, my friend, I can have another one,' and he'd say, 'I did not come here to start new drug habits for you.'" Sixteen months later, and Nicks is still grieving over Prince's death. "...

I didn't realize they were best friends.

This is so ridiculous that it makes me want to puke.
Old 08-17-2017, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
I didn't realize they were best friends.

This is so ridiculous that it makes me want to puke.
Even Rusty thinks this is embarrassing.
Old 08-17-2017, 05:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Did I say I was talking about you, honey? Sorry, can I call you honey?
Well I think you would like Sister Honey