User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2002, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I remember when Jim Ladd previewed the whole "Rock a Little" album on KLOS in 1985 a couple of days before it was available in stores. But, clever DJ that he is, he talked over the intros & outros of each track specifically so that people wouldn't tape it & sell it. And somebody at the same station did the same thing the following year with "Tango."
And, that was probably a reaction from realizing the mistake that was made back in October 1979 when Westwood One played the entire "Tusk" album, no voice overs, a day or two before it's release. Had there not been the opportunity to tape the entire album, cleanly, before it's release, it, no doubt, would've sold AT LEAST twice as many copies.

Makes me wonder what would've happened if "Tusk" would've put up sale numbers that would've been just slightly under what "Rumours" did...how that would've changed the dynamic:

1) WITHIN the band

and

B) between the band & the record label

Last edited by chiliD; 06-27-2002 at 12:40 PM..
Old 06-27-2002, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I could give a crap less what you think, really. But here's what you said:

"Gift Of Screws is unavailable to buy. We have no choice but to download it. You are talking about downloading tracks that will be available in shops on a GH cd."

The point is the same. Regardless of whence it came, the songs were obtained illegally. As David explained, they were given to someone by someone who took them from the office of an executive at the label. Call it what you will, but unless Lindsey clearly said, "Give the songs to someone, and have them posted everywhere on the web," they were stolen. It's pretty simple.

Saying "we have no choice but to download it" is outrageous. You do have choices. And one of them is not to download it. You were implicitly siding with the goofball who criticized me for saying I would download new songs off the "greatest hits" album, rather than buy it, and since you admitted to downloading songs, it makes you hypocritical.

If you still don't get that, stupidity may indeed be the issue

I have nothing further to say to you on this thread except to point out the following rules in the Ledge FAQ

If all you have to add are harrassing, insulting, taunting, nasty remarks or name-calling, you'll be asked to go somewhere else. Quit calling me stupid

Pip
Old 06-27-2002, 01:40 PM

"I have nothing further to say to you on this thread..."

Thank you. You've already said enough... none of which made much sense.

"...except to point out the following rules in the Ledge FAQ.

If all you have to add are harrassing, insulting, taunting, nasty remarks or name-calling, you'll be asked to go somewhere else."

I'm sure I've added considerably more than "harrassing, insulting, taunting, nasty remarks." But if you want to report me to the Ledge police, go for it. It wouldn't be the first time someone gets kicked off this board because some crybaby who got in over his/her head couldn't take the heat.

"Quit calling me stupid."

I never did. Read back over the thread.
Closed Thread