Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-04-2002, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb You know

I was thinking that maybe they want Fleetwood Mac to release their album the same time that the Eagles release theirs'...early next year....and then tour together. I don't know...just a thought.

Joe
Old 06-04-2002, 07:18 PM
Ledgie

My guess is that in the absense of any real information,
on the new album, someone has just made an assumption
and printed something incorrectly. However...this is not
to say that Reprise hasn't drug their feet over releasing
a new album before. After all, if it doesn't make $$$$ we
all know where they can end up! It isn't always the artists
that have control over the release of an album, it's the
people who control the purse strings! If they don't
see an opportunity to make a profit, they'll wait until they
see a window of opportunity to do so.
It's a bummer...but it's a business!
I can't say I'm suprised we haven't heard anything from
anyone on it though. Can you imagine how annoyed you
would be? To put all you heart and soul into a project, only
to have it shelved till the, "powers that be", deemed it fit
for release??!! I, for one, would be ticked as hell, and probably
wouldn't talk about it either!
Granted this is just spectulation on my part, but we've all seen how these music companies operate.

witchywoman (with my 2 cents)

Smile! It makes people wonder
what you're up to.

Whatever, that's Rock & Roll!

Last edited by witchywoman; 06-04-2002 at 07:20 PM..
Old 06-04-2002, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well I certainly hope not!!!

Remeber what Lindsey said about the Eagles Reunion vs The Mac Reunion?
He said that the Eagles coming together wasn't as truthful and healing, not as pure, and blah, blah, blah....
Also, in the AHI photos from the last two years, Linds looks like he's smelling something bad whenever Don's around....

I just don't think the two groups mesh well together anymore, and I don't want anything messing with the vibe, ya know?

There needs to be LOTS of positive flow in the air for the Tour!!
No negativity should be around Linds and Stevie or the music will sound like dog mess!

Where the heck is the flow now? WHAT the heck is the flow now??

I'm getting discouraged, too, guys....

Wait, Wait, Wait!!!
Hurry up and WAIT some more!

I agree about Stevie being the only one to say anything lately.
What about Mick? Why is he so quiet? He is usually all over saying all kinds of things.

AND, BTW - WHY isn't FM doing this party at the Palace thing for the Queen?
They are a British based band, and Lindsey is a Buckingham, after all, and Stevie was the first unofficial Mrs. Buckingham...

I think they should be doing stuff like this to get themselves back into the spotlight, PLUS it would give our much-neglected Brit Ledgies a good dose of Mac.

I should manage this band.
Old 06-04-2002, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I like the Eagles, but YUCK on them touring together with Fleetwood Mac. The Eagles in live form to me sound way too much like The Eagles in the studio. Wouldn't want that with the Mac! Like someone else said, the two groups just don't mesh.
Old 06-04-2002, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Arrow Still...

Quote:
Originally posted by sulamith
There needs to be LOTS of positive flow in the air for the Tour!!
No negativity should be around Linds and Stevie or the music will sound like dog mess!
You know, it's kind of hard to stay positive when you get this quantity of information about a record you are not even sure of its existence... But I still say I'm waiting, and I won't be the one who breaks the chain here...

Quote:
That would be something I would not want to miss, surely. What a good manager you could make!

Well, let's hope things just work out the way they should and we can see a new Fleetwood Mac CD in our stores ASAP.
Old 06-05-2002, 03:27 AM
Ledgie

Angry the Queen's concert

Sulamith, that is exactly what I was thinking while watching the Queen's concert. I mean: everyone was there! Rod Stewart, Eric Clapton, Queen, Cliff Richard, Elton John, Paul McCartney, even Brian Wilson and he's not even British! And Fleetwood Mac is half British! I hoped they asked Christine for keyboards, like they asked Phil Collins for drums. But I know that's just me. But why not Fleetwood Mac? Are they still a supergroup or what?

Please Sulamith, manage this band!

Anna
Old 06-05-2002, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question Eagles/Fleetwood Mac

Just thought I 'd ask a question to you all about this possible scenario...especially the naysayers.

Let's say that the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac release their lps early next year and then tour separately but do a few big outdoor/stadium concerts together. Actually, I think they did do this back in the 70s. I think it would be a good way to put more of a spotlight on their new records and tours.

I really don't think there is any more bitterness/jealousy between Stevie, Don, and Lindsey...way beyond that. I think it'd be interesting for the bands to "play with each other" on the same stage.....at least for a few shows.

I wanna go back to the 70s.

Joe
Old 06-06-2002, 03:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The Eagles in live form to me sound way too much like The Eagles in the studio.
I have to disagree with that....I saw The Eagles last year and they were awesome!!

If they played a concert together though it would have to be an extra long one. 2 hours of the Eagles...2 hours of FM...then together for a finale....I could cope with that!!!!

Pip
Old 06-06-2002, 03:09 PM
Senior Ledgie

What's most likely been holdin' up the album? The label. What does the label want? Money. What's the problem with a Eagles/FM concert? One ticket price split two ways. In other words less money. Gonna happen? Never.
-Brian
Old 06-06-2002, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by sulamith
I just don't think the two groups mesh well together anymore, and I don't want anything messing with the vibe, ya know?
I agree with that... and besides, can you imagine how much a double bill would crank the ticket prices up?
Quote:

I think they should be doing stuff like this to get themselves back into the spotlight, PLUS it would give our much-neglected Brit Ledgies a good dose of Mac.
Yes... so sweet of you to think of us, LOL! But it's true... why have they ignored us for the last ten years? And they need to start promoting themselves as a band again. Stevie has had a lot of publicity as a solo artist recently, and they need the whole band to be getting that kind of attention.
Quote:

Yes, I think you probably should. You know the kind of publicity we want... Get those press releases out!

Laura.
Old 06-06-2002, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Money

Quote:
Posted by bjk3047:What's most likely been holdin' up the album? The label. What does the label want? Money. What's the problem with a Eagles/FM concert? One ticket price split two ways. In other words less money. Gonna happen? Never.

The record company wants the album to sell well, that's where they'll get THEIR money. Good publicity and selling the product will help them achieve this.

To the best of my knowledge the artist(s) reap most of the benefits of ticket sales for concerts...less all the expenses of course. If they can play before twice as many people in one night for a higher ticket price......what do they have to lose?!

Joe
Old 06-07-2002, 03:13 PM
Senior Ledgie

DO you actually believe that a double bill is gonna generate double the crowd?? And besides, what kind of motivation does FM have for splitting a bill when they filled 97% of the seats and grossed $36 MILLION in 1997?? They only played 47 dates! If they're gonna tour for an entire year, they could gross like $200 Million! Why in the hell would they want the Eagles involved in that? And you want to talk about higher ticket prices? You're already talking $150 for a decent seat, and you want to make it HIGHER?? Come on, be realistic.
-Brian
Old 06-07-2002, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Brian, I agree completely with you. For one, it just doesn't seem to make sense for the two bands to go out together. I like them both, but not at the same concert, they are too different. This is in addition to the money thing. I can't see either band being so desparate for attendance that they would try to improve it by going on the road with each other.

By the way Brian, what ever happened with those montage's for free boots?
Old 06-07-2002, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

DO you actually believe that a double bill is gonna generate double the crowd??

In a stadium or larger venue..yes!

And besides, what kind of motivation does FM have for splitting a bill when they filled 97% of the seats and grossed $36 MILLION in 1997?? They only played 47 dates! If they're gonna tour for an entire year, they could gross like $200 Million! Why in the hell would they want the Eagles involved in that?

See above...

And you want to talk about higher ticket prices? You're already talking $150 for a decent seat, and you want to make it HIGHER?? Come on, be realistic.

$150 for a ticket...you need to shop around. Quite frankly I don't need to sit front and center.

Joe
Old 06-07-2002, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default rumour has it

I heard that Fleetwood Mac is no longer with Reprise, and that is what is causing the delay....I heard they are discussing a new deal with DreamWorks Records, anyone else hear this?