User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-03-2010, 09:32 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted_Stevi View Post
School today was pretty good...I got a TON done today!! Even though I spent like an hour looking at my packet trying to figure out what I was gonna do first. Oh and we got our "report cards" today from out BASICS class and I have an overall average of a 97 =D YAY ME!!!

Whenever I ask my teachers to sign off on something I do they always say how awesome everything is and even write it in the comments box =D like "awesome rollers" and "beautiful combout" and stuff like that. One head I did today looked JUST like a brunette Bea Arthur LOL I'll post a picture soon

JTIS
In Boston next week and kinda need a haircut. Do I get a Ledgie discount? I don't want the "Bea Arthur", though Seriously though, congrats!
Old 11-03-2010, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
In Boston next week and kinda need a haircut. Do I get a Ledgie discount? I don't want the "Bea Arthur", though Seriously though, congrats!
Of course you get a Ledgir discount =P I havent learned guy haircuts yet...but they arent that hard. I've cut my moms bf's hair...But I'm sure you'd look pretty hot with the Bea Arhtur look ;-)

Thanks a lot Luke < 3

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 11-03-2010, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

MAN I gotta clean my phone's camera lense lol

My "Bea Arthur" look

My fingerwaves combed out

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 11-03-2010, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kena View Post
Try from 7:30 a.m. when I arrive at work until 10:ish a.m. on a good day. I guess I need to stop browsing and start posting!

I don't even check my facebook anymore. I find my alternate reality of Stevie Nicks to be much more interesting and exciting than my real life. Yep, I'm sick...
Exactly! I have gone from waking up in the morning and having to have my Facebook time, to waking up in the morning and heading straight here while I eat breakfast. Facebook is a second priority now to me, if at all. And then I get to school around 1, and am on the Ledge for probably 10 minutes. Then back on it when I get home, then at night. I think it's safe to say that we're all sick. There should be a place where we can all talk about this obsession and help each other. Oh wait..

Damn you 'Stevie Nicks' with your stupid fairy-gypsy-goddess-rock-n-roll-queen-Gold-dust-woman-pony-unicorn stuff!
Old 11-04-2010, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Who decided that Love the Way You Lie Pt 2 was a good idea? Seriously. Who? I'm trying not to let it take away from how much I love the original.

Next time, there will be no next time

Oh, how we all wish there hadn't been.
You're so like me
Old 11-04-2010, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Okay guys, today I got something in the mail that truly made my week. Since you don't know, I sponsor a child from the Children International website.

His name is Oscar Uriel Flores Tejeda, and he lives in Mexico. He is Spanish so they translated it in English for me, but I got the original letter he hand wrote too. He is 9.

He told me his favorite sport is basketball and when he grows up he wants to be a lawyer! That is too sweet. His favorite color is red and blue and his favorite animal is a bear. d'awhhh.

Here's a recent picture of him with a picture of a pig he drew and colored for me.

Osacar

http://www2.children.org/en/us/Pages/Home.aspx
Old 11-04-2010, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^ Love that so much. I know many people who participate in the program-- makes me want to, too.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:07 PM
Registered

Nice child, great of you to be a sponsor. That's gratitude, though- send money every month and the people in the organization send you a crayoned pink piggy bank he made just for you. Why not crayoned flowers or a pussycat?

Last edited by Nikolaj; 11-05-2010 at 09:42 AM..
Old 11-04-2010, 11:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon View Post
Okay guys, today I got something in the mail that truly made my week. Since you don't know, I sponsor a child from the Children International website.

His name is Oscar Uriel Flores Tejeda, and he lives in Mexico. He is Spanish so they translated it in English for me, but I got the original letter he hand wrote too. He is 9.

He told me his favorite sport is basketball and when he grows up he wants to be a lawyer! That is too sweet. His favorite color is red and blue and his favorite animal is a bear. d'awhhh.

Here's a recent picture of him with a picture of a pig he drew and colored for me.

Osacar

http://www2.children.org/en/us/Pages/Home.aspx
That is so cool. He's adorable, and you are lucky to have each other! Encourage him all you can

Just curious...lots of people think about it, but what made you decide to actually commit?
Old 11-05-2010, 04:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Terra, that is soooo awesome that you do this.
Kudos, to you!!!! +10!
Old 11-05-2010, 09:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
That is so cool. He's adorable, and you are lucky to have each other! Encourage him all you can

Just curious...lots of people think about it, but what made you decide to actually commit?
Thanks! I committed to this right after my sister Jenn died 2 years ago in December. She was taking an early childhood education program at the local college and she had a real soft spot for Children. I had always thought about doing it and then after she passed, at the funeral guests could make a donation to any childrens charity in honor of her or whatever. So I decided that was the time to commit to a Children International sponsor. It is very rewarding.

And thanks HomerMcvie!
Old 11-05-2010, 09:55 AM
Registered

I am so sorry to read about your sister. What a beautiful and generous contribution you are making in her memory. You're a great sister and the boy will benefit because of you. He's a happy looking child.

Last edited by Nikolaj; 11-05-2010 at 10:01 AM..
Old 11-05-2010, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Wow I hate Bonfire Night. SHADDUP with the Fireworks! You're scaring my Cat .....and me
Old 11-05-2010, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon View Post
Thanks! I committed to this right after my sister Jenn died 2 years ago in December. She was taking an early childhood education program at the local college and she had a real soft spot for Children. I had always thought about doing it and then after she passed, at the funeral guests could make a donation to any childrens charity in honor of her or whatever. So I decided that was the time to commit to a Children International sponsor. It is very rewarding.

And thanks HomerMcvie!
Oh my gosh, I am so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine. It's a beautiful thing you're doing to honor her. I'm sure she's smiling down on both of you!
Old 11-05-2010, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Wow I hate Bonfire Night. SHADDUP with the Fireworks! You're scaring my Cat .....and me
ROTFL
I always made sure my cat stayed inside on July 4th and Halloween, because she was black.