User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-22-2023, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Will there be a comeback tour?

Will there be a comeback tour?

Will the Say You Will line up of the band reconvene one last time? Why/why not?

Real Music Observer blog/YouTuber thinks so, but someone I doubt it, even though he has been right about other things before. And before someone jumps down my throat, yes, I'm aware this has already been discussed in other threads but I could not find a recent, dedicated thread on the subject in the Rumours forum.

James
Old 09-22-2023, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie’s tour dates currently stretch into March 2024 (March 19 in Arlington TX). No word yet on Lindsey’s latest plans for a solo album, but he has a solo appearance booked for a charity event.

Children get older, and THEY’Z ALL GETTIN’ OLDER TOO.

The bow and stern lines have been untied and coiled, the fenders have been pulled up, and the SS Retire is pulling away from the dock.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 09-22-2023, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Stevie’s tour dates currently stretch into March 2024 (March 19 in Arlington TX). No word yet on Lindsey’s latest plans for a solo album, but he has a solo appearance booked for a charity event.

Children get older, and THEY’Z ALL GETTIN’ OLDER TOO.

The bow and stern lines have been untied and coiled, the fenders have been pulled up, and the SS Retire is pulling away from the dock.
Yeah, my grandma worked at the Australian equivalent of the DMV and everyone thought that her working until 72 or 73 was a bit much. Let alone touring and travelling with Stevie's heavy schedule at age 75.

Retirement seems likely. But Stevie once said "it's never gonna be a farewell tour until one of us drops dead", which sadly, Christine did.

If Christine hadn't succumbed to her cancer, unfortunately, maybe there could have been a farewell tour with Rumours 5, she seemed somewhat interested had she not had her back condition/cancer, in her latest interviews prior to her death. And I was listening to the Peter Green tribute concert - her last public performance - Christine sounds great on Stop Messing Round and Looking For Somebody.

Last edited by secret love; 09-22-2023 at 01:38 PM..
Old 09-22-2023, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I seriously doubt it, and really hope they don’t. Just let it be over.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-22-2023, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I seriously doubt it, and really hope they don’t. Just let it be over.
I actually have not expressed a view either way, mate. Asking will it happen, does not automatically mean that I want it to be so. It's a hypothetical question about something and whether it is likely or not.

Agree with you that it's both unlikely and not a desirable event. The only good thing about it is that it would be nice for Lindsey and Stevie to mend their burnt bridges and for fans to see them perform together one more time - but this could be done as a duo, just doing Landslide and Big Love ... again, also unlikely, but more to my enjoyment than an almost full band reunion.

Last edited by secret love; 09-22-2023 at 02:54 PM..
Old 09-22-2023, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Agree it's unlikely and not a desirable event. Personally, I wouldn't go to a concert cause I know I wouldn't enjoy it. Not anymore.

Nice for Lindsey and Stevie to mend their burnt bridges? Definitely yes. I always think that resentment and bad feelings should be eliminated, chapters must be closed, etc. It is not healthy to live with bitterness towards anyone. But if they solve their issues, it is enough (to me) that they do it privately or enough sharing a post on the networks telling the fans. No tour needed.
Old 09-22-2023, 05:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I say no. The top reason is Lindsey reportedly did something to Stevie so unforgivable at MusiCares 2018 that she doesn't want to see him again.

I also don't think Lindsey or Stevie have the energy or vocal power to put on a 3 hour show worthy of $400 admission. John McVie is 78 years old and he's not a Jagger or Rod Stewart 78.

Stevie will do more athletic venue shows with Billy Joel in 2024 and her own indoor shows in between like she's doing now.
Old 09-22-2023, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, there will undoubtedly be a final farewell reunion of the Say You Will lineup. It will happen sometime in late 2024 or mid 2025.

The tour, in whatever capacity, will either be very short, or a series of sporadic dates similar to what Stevie is doing right now.

There will not be many dates, but a reunion/farewell of the Say You will lineup is inevitable. It will happen.
Old 09-22-2023, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
Yes, there will undoubtedly be a final farewell reunion of the Say You Will lineup. It will happen sometime in late 2024 or mid 2025.

The tour, in whatever capacity, will either be very short, or a series of sporadic dates similar to what Stevie is doing right now.

There will not be many dates, but a reunion/farewell of the Say You will lineup is inevitable. It will happen.
I disagree. John has sold all his gear. Bitter Stevie hates Lindsey. It's over. Stick a fork in it.
Old 09-22-2023, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I disagree. John has sold all his gear. Bitter Stevie hates Lindsey. It's over. Stick a fork in it.
Agreed. There isn’t even an “it” to stick a fork in anymore…
Old 09-22-2023, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post

Wishful thinking on your part. Based on what Christine said John’s health, on John selling off all his gear in the auction, and his complete public radio silence since the last Fleetwood Mac show, I think it’s safe to say he’s done.

With Christine dead and John retired, Mick won’t do Fleetwood Mac.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-22-2023, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
With Christine dead and John retired, Mick won’t do Fleetwood Mac.
You really think Mick wouldn’t tour one last time with Lindsey and Stevie? Because I absolutely think he would. Especially in light of recent events.
Old 09-22-2023, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
You really think Mick wouldn’t tour one last time with Lindsey and Stevie? Because I absolutely think he would. Especially in light of recent events.
Not as Fleetwood Mac. Maybe Buckingham Nicks featuring Mick Fleetwood, but not Fleetwood Mac. I don’t know if he even legally could without John’s blessing.

ETA: The bigger issue is Stevie. I don’t think she would feel any obligation or pressure to go out with Fleetwood Mac without the McVies, and she doesn’t need or want to work with Lindsey.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 09-22-2023 at 08:45 PM..
Old 09-22-2023, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There’s no point in a Fleetwood Mac without any Mac’s involved. Chris is dead. John is seemingly retired. If Stevie wasn’t able to sell out arenas and coheadline stadiums with Billy Joel, she (and Irving) would likely be pushing for some weird ass Fleetwood Mac amalgamation with randoms involved along with Stevie and Lindsey - but that isn’t the case. They’re too old. Maybe the two children share a stage again for a few songs but the days of touring as Fleetwood Mac are likely done. And they should be. Nothing else needs to be said.
Old 09-22-2023, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Not as Fleetwood Mac. Maybe Buckingham Nicks featuring Mick Fleetwood, but not Fleetwood Mac. I don’t know if he even legally could without John’s blessing.

ETA: The bigger issue is Stevie. I don’t think she would feel any obligation or pressure to go out with Fleetwood Mac without the McVies, and she doesn’t need or want to work with Lindsey.
The bigger issue is Stevie. Damn straight.

Wonder what Lindsey did at MusiCares that was so bad. Honestly, I reckon Stevie and Lindsey just never ever stopped hating each other's guts since 1977 and after 50 years, she and he didn't want to work together - and Stevie was the one with the power so she got to stay.