Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Fleetwood Mac Poster From Fillmore West On 11 Feb 71: 21 3/16 X 28 3/16
February 20th, 2010
Fleetwood Mac Poster from Fillmore West on 11 Feb 71: 21 3/16 x 28 3/16 Jake Pierres Medieval vision advertised Fleetwood Mac Steppenwolf and Its A Beautiful Day in three separate concerts sharing the Fillmore West and Winterland. Pierre was not a frequent poster artist and took the opportunity to sign his name front and center an unusual touch on Graham posters.

Average Price :$585

Buy Fleetwood Mac Poster from Fillmore West on 11 Feb 71: 21 3/16 x 28 3/16

http://surprisemusic02.dnsalias.org/...-16-x-28-3-16/
Over $500.00 for a poster!!! You can eat my ear for that kinda money. Everyone stays close to the fireplace!
Old 02-21-2010, 01:57 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Phew!

Quote:
Over $500.00 for a poster!!! You can eat my ear for that kinda money. Everyone stays close to the fireplace!
Okay, but don't get burned. People actually exist who would fork out for this rubbish in this current economic crisis? Gimme a break! Where are the priorities?
Old 02-21-2010, 06:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
A few friends and me just got an eBay listing removed for someone selling Blondie outtakes from the first album. $150. I've got the lot on my harddrive for free. Some people are so stupid it just makes me angry.

It's like Christine Perfect, £100 for a copy on eBay. Yeah, get real.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 02-21-2010, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Sunday, February 21, 2010

Recently , another reply to me from A Fleetwood Mac guitarist

So , i wuz pissed... an on my ausdiocandy site i put this..........
(ok my urgent message wuiz pretty harsh , biut TRUE)

> Would some one pleeze write as fukk*ngg review of my S**T
> .. i dont care if ya say it's S**T or WHATEVER.. JUST SAY SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Goddam
> dontcha know, if folks come by my page an dont see a single good
> or straight up comment. d'ya REALLY think they'rte gonna lissen
> 2 any of my S**t......Honest..........Woulld You???C'mon.....
> have a heart................I dont need ego strokin.. i just
> need the TRUTH.. in PRINT....THANK YOU VERY MUCH
> !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so bob wrote.
Doc..Don't get upset by not getting"reviews"..I don't get "reviews" either...
Just go by how many listens you're getting......

I'll listen to some of your stuff and comment...but remember, most people won't take the time...It's like filling out online "surveys"...
people don't like to bother..

Bob Welch

http://docrockstudio.blogspot.com/20...o-me-from.html
Old 02-22-2010, 01:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The cost of being a Mac fan, I don't own any posters yet!
Old 02-22-2010, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Forgotten rock bands of the 70s
Chicken Shack lost Christine McVie to Fleetwood Mac but still exist and are playing in Hessle next month. I wonder if Stan Webb still has his 200' guitar lead that he used to wander round the audience with? ...
mudcat.org RSS Feed of Topics - http://mudcat.org/
Old 02-28-2010, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The price is going down, down(actual value: 5 cents)

Fleetwood Mac Postcard From Fillmore West On 11 Feb 71: 7 X 9 1/40

February 28th, 2010adminUncategorized
Fleetwood Mac Postcard from Fillmore West on 11 Feb 71: 7 x 9 1/4 Jake Pierres Medieval vision advertised Fleetwood Mac Steppenwolf and Its A Beautiful Day in three separate concerts sharing the Fillmore West and Winterland. Pierre was not a frequent poster artist and took the opportunity to sign his name front and center an unusual touch on Graham posters.

Average Price :$175

http://positionmusic01.dyn-o-saur.co...-71-7-x-9-1-4/
Old 03-03-2010, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Vintage V100 ICON Series Les Paul-style Lemon Drop Electric Guitar ...
By admin
“When I was young and in a band, we supported the original Fleetwood Mac to play at a gig we'd organised. Fleetwood Mac let us use their PA, and Peter Green even let me use his amp! He wouldn't let me use his guitar but he was always my ...
UKguitars.com - http://www.ukguitars.com/
Old 03-04-2010, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The Price went back up!!!

Quote:
Fleetwood Mac Postcard From Fillmore West On 11 Feb 71: 7 X 9 1/40

February 28th, 2010adminUncategorized
Fleetwood Mac Postcard from Fillmore West on 11 Feb 71: 7 x 9 1/4 Jake Pierres Medieval vision advertised Fleetwood Mac Steppenwolf and Its A Beautiful Day in three separate concerts sharing the Fillmore West and Winterland. Pierre was not a frequent poster artist and took the opportunity to sign his name front and center an unusual touch on Graham posters.

Average Price :$175

http://positionmusic01.dyn-o-saur.co...-71-7-x-9-1-4/
Fleetwood Mac 1970s Ticket from Fillmore West on 11 Feb 71: Complete Set Jake Pierres Medieval vision advertised Fleetwood Mac Steppenwolf and Its A Beautiful Day in three separate concerts sharing the Fillmore West and Winterland. Pierre was not a frequent poster artist and took the opportunity to sign his name front and center an unusual touch on Graham posters.

Price :$390

http://messupmusic07.ath.cx/2010/03/...-Complete-Set/
Old 03-13-2010, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Saturday, March 13, 2010

Blues Britannia: (21.00 to 22.30 yesterday) followed last week's BBC4 TV's Heavy Metal Britannia documentary, and was 90 minutes of excellent viewing. It traced how the blues records came into England and were picked up by the likes of Brian Jones, Keith Richards, Mick Fleetwood, Paul Jones, then the band's they spawned copying the music - The Yardbirds, Fleetwood Mac, The Stones etc. A fair amount of time was given over to interviewing the black blues artistes; Champion Jack Dupree, Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker etc; so it was another tiny speck of gold amongst the landfill of crap our TV programmes are. But it encourages me to read more books, so there is a plus side.
It may well be available via the BBC iplayer if you missed it.

posted by Alan Burridge at 12:10 AM

http://alanburridge.blogspot.com/201...ast-weeks.html
Old 03-17-2010, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Who do you think are some great guitarists that are overlooked?
Like for me, Terry Kath (Chicago) is one of the many guitarists that got me playing but is sometimes overlooked by many. Who do think are some overlooked guitarists?

It’s funny that you mention Terry Kath. I just posted a Youtube link here the other day of the song ‘Free Form Guitar’ off of the ‘Chicago Transit Authority’ album. I’ve been a huge fan of those first few Chicago albums for many years…that one in particular. I was in a band many years ago and we covered their song ‘South California Purples’…great soloing by Terry!
Their cover of I’m a Man was incredible too!
Terry Kath is best known for pioneering the hammer-on harmonic guitar technique. He was also worshipped by Jimi Hendrix after Jimi caught them in a live performance at The Whisky A Go Go in 1968.
It’s so nice to see somebody mention his name in this forum.
Amazing guitarist, and definitely overlooked!
RIP Terry Kath.

Another guitarist in Terry’s league back at that time was Phil Keaggy of the band Glass Harp. Ted Nugent was quoted as saying "I don’t know what happened to that Phil Keaggy, he could have saved the world with his guitar" in Guitar Player Magazine.
When Jimi Hendrix was on the tonight show in the late 60’s, Johnny Carson asked him, "what does it feel like to be the greatest guitarist in the world?" Jimi responded with, "I don’t know, you’d have to ask Phil Keaggy".
Phil was an incredilbe player, and another one of the many overlooked guitarists.

Here’s a few others that don’t seem to get much recognition:
Jim McCarty – guitarist for Mitch Ryder Detroit/Wheels & Cactus
Steve Hillage – guitarist for Kahn, Gong, Mike Oldfield, etc.
Steve Hackett – Genesis
Eddie Phillips – The Creation (first to ever bow an electric guitar)
Tony McPhee – The Groundhogs
Dave ‘Clem’ Clempson – Colosseum, Humble Pie
Jorma Kaukonen – Jefferson Airplane, Hot Tuna, solo
Peter Kaukonen – Jefferson Starship, Hot Tuna, solo
Peter Banks – Yes, Flash, solo
Eddie Hazel & Ron Bykowski – Funkadelic & Parliament
Darryl Stuermer – played with Jean Luc Ponty, Phil Collins, etc.
Phil Manzanera – Roxy Music
Jeff ‘Skunk’ Baxter – Steely Dan
Randy California – Spirit
Uli Roth – The Scorpions, Electric Sun
D*ck Wagner – The Frost, Alice Cooper, Lou Reed, etc.
Steve Hunter – Detroit, Alice Cooper, Lou Reed, etc
Paul Chapman – UFO
Mick Box – Uriah Heep
Jan Akkerman – Focus, solo
Frank Marino – Mahogany Rush, solo
Walter Rossi – Charlee, solo
Adrian Belew – King Crimson, Frank Zappa, solo
Mick Abrahms – Jethro Tull, Blodwyn Pig, solo
Leigh Stephens – Blue Cheer
Kazuo ‘Flash’ Takeda – Blues Creation, Creation
Elliot Easton – The Cars, CCR Revisited
John Goodsall aka Johny Mandella – Brand X, Atomic Rooster, etc
Lee Pickens – Bloodrock, solo
John Nitzinger – Nitzinger
Larry Reinhart – Iron Butterfly, Allman Bros, Captain Beyond
Les Harvey – Stone the Crows
Stan Webb – Chicken Shack, Broken Glass, Savoy Brown
Phil Keaggy – Glass Harp,
Adrian Gurvitz – Gun, Three Man Army, Baker Gurvitz Army
Floyd Radford – Edgar Winters White Trash, Johnny Winter, Tin House
Tom Verlaine – Television
Dominic Troiano – Bush (Canadian band), James Gang, solo
Bob Welch – Fleetwood Mac, Paris
Ricky Medlocke – Blackfoot, Lynyrd Skynyrd
Harvey Mandel – Canned Heat, Rolling Stones, solo
Mike Pinera – Blues Image, Iron Butterfly, Thee Image, Ramatam, Alice Cooper
Kirby (no known last name) – Stretch, Curved Air. Stretch also toured the US as the bogus Fleetwood Mac in the early 70’s

Some great answers here, but I feel many of the guitarists mentioned are not overlooked at all…and are very well known and respected musicians. Especially when it comes to the likes of Ritchie Blackmore, Gary Moore, Peter Green, Peter Frampton, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Pete Townsend, Frank Zappa, Eddie Van Halen, Martin Barre, Jeff Beck, and Steve Howe. No offense to the people that mentioned them…but when have they ever been overlooked?

I could list many more guitarists that I feel are overlooked…but there’s a few anyways!

http://www.guitarcourses.ws/blog/gre...are-overlooked
Old 03-20-2010, 02:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default It didn't sell at a lower price-so U can buy it 4 more!!

Fleetwood Mac Poster From Fillmore West On 11 Feb 71: 21 3/16 X 28 3/16
Posted by admin on 20th March 2010 in Uncategorized
Fleetwood Mac Poster from Fillmore West on 11 Feb 71: 21 3/16 x 28 3/16 Jake Pierres Medieval vision advertised Fleetwood Mac Steppenwolf and Its A Beautiful Day in three separate concerts sharing the Fillmore West and Winterland. Pierre was not a frequent poster artist and took the opportunity to sign his name front and center an unusual touch on Graham posters.

Price :$585
http://cavemusic09.dnsalias.org/2010...-16-x-28-3-16/
Old 03-21-2010, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow! I have a Filmore West poster that I bought about 18 years ago. The bill lists:

Jr. Walker and the All Stars
Fleetwood Mac
Lee Michaels
Tony Joe White

August 5, 6, 7, 1969

I know I paid less than 70 dollars for it -- in mint condition! I bought it at a record convention, where I also got an original, very rare 1967 Monterey Pop Festival poster for $300. I had both professionally framed and they hang in my living room.

I recently saw a Monterey poster listed for $15oo! I'm not into fine art, or art as an investment, but I think I made a very smart purchase!
Old 03-22-2010, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What's Buzzing In My Ears - Fleetwood Mac
Posted about 14 hours ago
Artist: PLAY Fleetwood MacAlbum:PLAY Mystery to MeTrack: PLAY Hypnotized

I know a crappy video(Hypnotized). This is one of my favorite FM songs, I guess coz it has some meaning to it for me. I heard & bought this record in 1973 while my ship was staying in Majorca, Spain for 2 weeks. My memeory is really fuzzy, but there is a nightclub/disco there, that is built in some caves overlooking the Med.
I spent a lot of my time there, talking to the DJ, dancing, drinking, even saw a bull fight, etc., anyway I first heard this song in Spain. On my ship, we had a little radio station (the size of a closet) that just broadcast on the ship only. I use to do the midnight to whenever I got tired shift coz no one else wanted it. So basically I was just spinning tunes to a couple of insomniacs drinking coffee & reading paperbacks in the mess room, but, hey I was happy. Even though the Navy provided records, I brought & bought a lot of my own albums to play. I think that is one way I kept my sanity for those 4 years. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the song as much as I do.

Release notes from Best Buy: Fleetwood Mac: Bob Welch (guitar, vocals); Bob Weston (guitar, slide guitar); Christine McVie (keyboards, vocals); John McVie (bass); Mick Fleetwood (drums).Additional personnel: Martin Birch (acoustic guitar).
Released in 1973 and now regarded as an important transitional album in Fleetwood Mac's long march towards superstardom, MYSTERY TO ME featured the lineup of Mick Fleetwood, John and Christine McVie, singer/guitarist Bob Welch and guitarist Bob Weston. The hiring of Welch had angered original guitarist Danny Kirwan and after a 1972 gig, the volatile Kirwan went berserk backstage and was fired.
On MYSTERY TO ME, the follow-up to PENGUIN (1973) and the band's strongest album in years, the luminous elements of the future Fleetwood Mac were falling in place; Bob Welch's rambling, mystical reverie "Hypnotized" became (and remains to this day) a rock radio standard.The Welch-Weston-John McVie-penned "Forever" grooves with an atypical African gloss, and the bluesy growl of Welch's "The City" lashes out at New York, contradicting Lindsey Buckingham's giddy city ode "Empire State" on 1982's MIRAGE.
Yet it is Christine McVie's thoughtful, majestic "Why," which unfolds from a backcountry fingerpick to a soaring poem of regret and passage, that marks the transition from early Mac (which officially ended with 1974's HEROES ARE HARD TO FIND) to one of the most influential Anglo-American bands of all time.

http://mog.com/DashboardDJ856/blog/1849446
Old 03-22-2010, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Monday, March 22, 2010
EARLY YEARS OF FLEETWOOD MAC (RK FAVORITES)

Fleetwood Mac are a British-American rock band formed in 1967 in London.

The only member present in the band from the very beginning is its namesake drummer, Mick Fleetwood. Despite band founder Peter Green naming the group by combining his two former bandmates' surnames (Fleetwood, McVie) (from John Mayall's Bluesbreakers—it was actually the title Green had given to a demo recording they had recorded while in Mayall's band), bassist John McVie did not play on their first single nor at their first concerts.

Keyboardist Christine McVie has, to date, appeared on all but two albums, either as a member or as a session musician. Christine also supplied the artwork for the album Kiln House.

The two most successful periods for the band were during the late 1960s British blues boom, when they were led by guitarist Peter Green, (my favorite time) and from 1975 to 1987, with more pop-orientation, featuring Christine McVie, Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks.

Nothing against the more successful lineup featuring Nicks and Buckingham but the original Fleetwood Mac was an entirely different band. Peter Green, Mick Fleetwood, and John and Christine McVie's created a clasic sound that is unforgettable.

http://www.retrokimmer.com/2010/03/e...od-mac-rk.html